• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Requesting Mousekeeping Every Other Day Question

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Those who requested every other day mousekeeping, what exactly does the mousekeeping do when they come into your room? I'm reading some saying they only take out trash? No fresh towels or beds with clean sheets?

I'm wondering if they replace towels and make beds? Do we leave note to request fresh towels and make beds/replace sheets?

Just wondering if you get different things done depending on where you stay?

Thank you

Those who requested every other day mousekeeping, what exactly does the mousekeeping do when they come into your room? I'm reading some saying they only take out trash? No fresh towels or beds with clean sheets?

I'm wondering if they replace towels and make beds? Do we leave note to request fresh towels and make beds/replace sheets?

Just wondering if you get different things done depending on where you stay?

Thank you
The responses will likely be as inconsistent as the service.

All Star ~ September
I requested every other day.
I had them enter every day.
They took trash and swapped towels.
They never touched the bed, did not make it.
I was told they would not change sheets but I could request and do it myself. 🙄

I had a 6 night stay at Yacht Club in September and while they were very good at making sure I had new towels and products, I never received anything I would consider full housekeeping-not even every other day. By the end of my stay, I really needed my floors and bathroom cleaned, at least.
Granted I was there during the hurricane so I didn’t push the issue and I was just happy to safe and for the staff that was there for checking in on the towels/products. I did have my trash removed a couple of times as well. Maybe that was all I was supposed to get?

I’m heading back next month but I’m not expecting any full cleaning - although it would be nice because I do miss regular housekeeping.

Just had a 9 night stay at CSR. They stopped in twice and took trash and replaced towels. One of those times we were coming back to our room and she was sweeping it too. They never made our beds or straightened anything up. They also stopped by twice for "visual checks." I had some walmart bags so used that to dump some of our trash in the trash bins by the elevator a few times. The bins in the room are so small and get full very fast.

I missed having our beds made and full housekeeping. DD16 said she prefers no one in our room.

Since the every-other-day housekeeping policy, I've stayed at both POFQ and AKL. I actually had better housekeeping at POFQ--that is, they did come every other day, did trash and towels, and also once during a week-long stay, they made the bed and replenished the bathroom supplies.

At AKL, I had to beg for housekeeping to come at all, had to call for towels, and took out the trash myself. The hallways at AKL were piled with guests' trays, trash, and used towels. This was months ago, so I hope things have changed since then, but it was quite something to be paying $700/night (that was with a discount!) and not have adequate or even semi-adequate housekeeping.

Coronado Springs Resort. We came back from Disney Cruise not long ago and were spoiled by housekeeping.....I guess I better prepare myself not getting same service. So sad.
I stayed at Coronado Springs in January. Stayed in Casitas (one of the motel style buildings outside of the main tower.)

Housekeeping came at beginning of stay, skipped three days and then came toward end of stay. Emptied garbage and replaced towels. Nothing else.

I brought coffee making materials to the room every day that I took from the Quick Service breakfast area.

When we called for more blankets they were very responsive and fast. It was quite cold that week. So I do think that you'll receive what you need if you call.

I'm sure it must have improved since January? Hoping for you it has! In the meantime, sharing my experience.

...and I can't wait to go on a Disney cruise one day!!!

Last edited:
I’m staying at Pop right now. Mousekeeping came this morning, introduced herself & asked if we needed anything (I asked for cups and she supplied those). I was expecting the room to get cleaned while we were gone (we got here 2 days ago) but …that was it for today’s Mousekeeping: a cup restock.

I stayed at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness for 6 nights last week and on Tuesday / Thursday, they came for a full housekeeping, including new bed linens. It was such a treat!

Since the every-other-day housekeeping policy, I've stayed at both POFQ and AKL. I actually had better housekeeping at POFQ--that is, they did come every other day, did trash and towels, and also once during a week-long stay, they made the bed and replenished the bathroom supplies.

At AKL, I had to beg for housekeeping to come at all, had to call for towels, and took out the trash myself. The hallways at AKL were piled with guests' trays, trash, and used towels. This was months ago, so I hope things have changed since then, but it was quite something to be paying $700/night (that was with a discount!) and not have adequate or even semi-adequate housekeeping.
I stayed AKL club level in late July/early August. We never once had housekeeping come to our room even though I called and requested and I mentioned it to the CMs in the club. There were always carts in my hall, so I’m not really sure what happened. Saved me some tip $, I suppose.

We just got back from a 3 night stay at Port Orleans Riverside. On the day we had Mousekeeping, they brought new towels, cups, tea & coffee, emptied the trash and made the beds.

Just got back from a week long trip and we opted in to mousekeeping. Every other day the trash was taken out, towels were refreshed, and bed sheets refreshed.

We were at Pop the week after Thanksgiving, and we got full service every other day. The beds were made, towels replaced, trash emptied and the room was swept and dusted.

I have noticed in the past, even pre Covid, that if I was in the room when they came and had a scenario like the one above where I was asked what I needed, that sometimes they wouldn’t do anything other than hand me what I asked for and leave. I was puzzled the first few times it happened, but now I just see it as saving the tip for that day. No clean, no tip. *note-if I call and request something be brought to the room, I do tip for that service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter