Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

Adult children living elsewhere cannot get the DVC AP. Their ID has to show same address of DVC member. I have three 20something kids and the 2 that have IDs with my address can get the DVC AP but my DS has his own address so he no longer qualifies. Or did I misunderstand the entire convo here??? Maybe you mean if the 20something kids were deeded on my contracts??? Then, yes, they too are members and can have any address. But my kids aren't on our deeds.
Sorry if my statement wasn't clear. We were talking about Adult Children who are members on the contract. If they are members, they don't have to be living with their parents. However, their spouse and/or children must be living with them to get access to the discount, as they (spouses/children) are not members.

Sorry. We were talking about adult children living elsewhere who have been added to the deeds as official owners!

I added my 3 adult children last year so they are now blue card owners and will be eligible for the AP discount.

Is there a sticky on how to add children? I have 4 adult children and two still have my address on their license. Is it difficult to add them?

tia

The biggest worry is availability. The fear is if there is no availability for your travel dates for RIV then you have to find other dates or bank you points. There's no looking at other resorts which can happen often during busy times or holidays. So def dont buy RIV resale if you go during busy times of the year.

True... But two things:
1 — most buyers honestly aren’t that knowledgeable and their thinking doesn’t get that complicated.
2 — If you’re generally willing to book 11 months in advance, availability shouldn’t be a huge issue.

Is there a sticky on how to add children? I have 4 adult children and two still have my address on their license. Is it difficult to add them?

tia

You have to actual do a gratuitous transfer and make them official owners, I used a title company and paid over $400 but there are less expensive ways.

You do have to evaluate the pros and cons because it can put contracts in jeopardy if things like bankruptcy, divorce..

Do not want to derail the thread, but once I did add them as owners to SSR, then I was able to add on RIV with them as owners Too.

tia
We thought about doing this but decided against it because it will be considered your child’s asset. So if they get married and divorced it would be part of the divorce settlement. There are lots of other possible bad situations.

True... But two things:
1 — most buyers honestly aren’t that knowledgeable and their thinking doesn’t get that complicated.
2 — If you’re generally willing to book 11 months in advance, availability shouldn’t be a huge issue.
Maybe not for direct buyers but I'd say resale buyers are much more educated since they are not impulse buys like direct purchases are at the parks.

Also, even at 11 months the standard view rooms especially studios are likely to be hard to book for run disney events or holidays. So thats something to watch for. Walking might be required for hard to get events or times of year for standard view studios. Just something if you buy resale you have to take in to account. If you have to reschedule a trip in short notice you might have to wait until the following year to use the points if nothing is available. Which could be a big negative IMO.

Maybe not for direct buyers but I'd say resale buyers are much more educated since they are not impulse buys like direct purchases are at the parks.

Also, even at 11 months the standard view rooms especially studios are likely to be hard to book for run disney events or holidays. So thats something to watch for. Walking might be required for hard to get events or times of year for standard view studios. Just something if you buy resale you have to take in to account. If you have to reschedule a trip in short notice you might have to wait until the following year to use the points if nothing is available. Which could be a big negative IMO.

That is why I wonder if many resale buyers of RIV won’t make that their only contract.

This way, it would be for stays there and other points for elsewhere. I know in a few years I’d pick up more points there resale but I also have another 775 that can be used all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter