Resales - bottom line

Jaga

Earning My Ears
I Almost bought a 180 point resale for DVC OKW in early 2000 for $58 per point but at the last minute had to withdraw because of financial commitments at home.

I am now looking again and WOW have prices escalated. I see most at $68-$70 for OKW and $70 for BWV. Inventory is also at a low ( but better than 3 months ago).

Has anyone bought resale this year and what did you pay?

Any info will help for my next attempt at buying DVC.

Thanks in advance

:pinkbounc

We just bought a resale from A Timeshare Broker with the help of Jaki Apetz. It had all 210 of last year's points banked plus all of this year's 210 still coming. We figured if we paid just the maintenance fee for those banked points, we got the deal for about $62 per point.
I have heard that buying those deals that have banked points are usually the best deals. The offers where they have borrowed from next year's points seem to be a real gyp. I guess if you weren't planning to go for a while you could offer really low on those deals but it's almost embarrasing to do so as they seem to be asking way too high to start with. And besides, you will first have to pay the maintenance fees on those points you don't even get to use. :mad:
Good luck to you!

We just had our offer accepted by the seller - 210 points for $65/pt. They were offering it at $68/pt but took our offer. We went through Jaki at ATimeshare.com and she has been very helpful. Just waiting for the paperwork now! Good luck!

I also wish that I had bought sooner. I did buy a resale back in February which was before the most resent increases in prices. It seems that with the Disney increase from $72 to $75, with the lack of resales being listed and with VWL getting close to selling out with BCV still a ways out, that the resale market is a strong sellers market right now. I'd keep my eye out if I were you. The contracts come and go quickly. Be sure and talk to the brokers and let them know what you want. Many of the contracts never make it to the web sites. Know how many points you want, where you want to buy and how much you want to pay. If you are patient, you will probably find something that will match your needs.

My wife and I are brand new owners to Boardwalk (almost anyway). We went through a resale broker and paid $68 per point for 150 points. The previous owner had banked 131 points from this year to next (December use year). So we have approximately 180 points coming to us for this December and got the banked points without paying the maintenance fees.

Hope this helps!

Jamie

There are 210 OKW points on auction at EBAY right now with a starting bid of $12,000. That's $58 a point...spruce

Once OKW and BW sold out the prices went up fast. It seems like there was only 25,000 members when I bought in 1998, now there is over 56,000. I was told that VWL, Vero and HH are all about 80% sold out. That means demand is high and supply is low.

Tigger

When we bought in the VWL in May, the DVC representative said that they anticipated selling out by Nov/Dec. Then nothing would be available until the BCV's next year. I think the DVC is catching on, don't you?

Originally posted by wdwendyd

I have heard that buying those deals that have banked points are usually the best deals. The offers where they have borrowed from next year's points seem to be a real gyp. I guess if you weren't planning to go for a while you could offer really low on those deals but it's almost embarrasing to do so as they seem to be asking way too high to start with. And besides, you will first have to pay the maintenance fees on those points you don't even get to use.
I would just like to comment on the above statement. We recently purchased a DVC at BWV. This only had a very few points left for 2001. However, we did not feel that it was a bad deal for the following reasons: the price was reasonable, we did NOT have to pay this years maintenance fees, and since we just were at WDW in May and have two other non-Disney vacations (cruises) planned for the upcoming year, we probably wouldn't be going to WDW before next year anyway.

I just wanted to give another view on this topic for others that may want to consider purchasing a resale that doesn't have points for the present year. It isn't always a "gyp". :rolleyes:

Mary Lou In Ohio

We just purchased 125 OKW through the Timeshare store for $68 a point before DVC increased the price to $75. There were no borrowed or banked points involved with this deal. My wife and I had intended to add to our BWV points however after waiting for 3 months we decided to go for OKW as there were more resales available and we end up staying at OKW most of the time any way. Also, we were getting concerned that we would not get in before the price increase hit the resales. We could have gone with WLV at $72 but opted for OKW through resale. When you include the $400.00 closing cost the actual price per point was just over $71. Not a big savings, but we did get what we wanted. I'm sure you can do better considering there are more resales available at this time. Happy hunting.

My wife and I are considering buying 150 points through a reseller. Is there any disadvantage from buying through a reseller versus buying directly from DVC. We don't want to buy from a reseller if it would cause us to miss out on DVC benefits.

Thanks!

Is there any disadvantage from buying through a reseller versus buying directly from DVC.

No disadvantage at all. Once you are member, DVC doesn't know or care how you joined. All members are treated the same.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter