Reservation at The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Francesco

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I'm new on this site!

I'm trying to organize a trip to WDW for a family of 5 people, from March 5 to 10. We have already been there seven years ago, but I noticed that a lot of things changed in the meanwhile, so I need some help!!

Last time we stayed at the Cabins, we had a great time so I think we will come back.

Now, on the undercover tourist site and I found out that I can't book more than 2 consecutive nights. So, can I make 3 different reservations, one for the first 2 nights, another one for the next two and the third for the last night? Would this strategy affect in any way the chance of booking fastpass for the entire length of the trip? I ask because the difference with WDW official site is about 300 dollars!

Are there any other reliable sites where to book the rooms?

Thank you in advance!

I'm trying to organize a trip to WDW for a family of 5 people, from March 5 to 10. We have already been there seven years ago, but I noticed that a lot of things changed in the meanwhile, so I need some help!!

Last time we stayed at the Cabins, we had a great time so I think we will come back.

Now, on the undercover tourist site and I found out that I can't book more than 2 consecutive nights. So, can I make 3 different reservations, one for the first 2 nights, another one for the next two and the third for the last night? Would this strategy affect in any way the chance of booking fastpass for the entire length of the trip? I ask because the difference with WDW official site is about 300 dollars!

Thank you in advance!

I'd call Disney first directly and find out if the reason you can't get what you need is due to the hotel being fully booked for a part of your trip. if that's the case it won't matter what site you try and book through - if the rooms are gone they're gone.

If the rooms are available, check Priceline and Hotwire, they may have some inventory to sell.

I'm not sure if there are other events happening onsite during that time frame, but it's the first weekend of Flower & Garden Festival so that might affect room availability.

Thank you in advance!
For a "split stay" like that, you wouldn't be guaranteed to stay in the same cabin. Worst case scenario is they require you to move at the end of every booking, which could get tiresome. You can request to stay in the same cabin, but that is just it - a request. If they are super full up, they may not be able to accommodate that request (though for the most part, I've heard of that being successful, but again, you can't be 100% certain).

For fastpasses, it will be fine. You would link all 3 reservations on your MDE. The system would see a continuous stay, so 60 days from the first check-in day, your FP window would open up for the entire trip.

I do want to remind you that with the cabins, they are pretty spread out. So it's really best to have a car or rent a golf cart. It's not required, but otherwise you are going to need to take one of the internal FW buses and then the actual park buses. The WDW bus system has seemed to really lack reliability lately, definitely over the past 7 years, so that wait could end up being significant and annoying if you plan to just use the buses! For someone who doesn't visit a lot, I probably would recommend staying in one of the proper resorts for the full Disney experience, but to each their own!

If you like Cabins and have the cash, you might try out the Copper Creek Cabins at Wilderness Lodge. Really nice with a fireplace, hot tub, two bedrooms.

Not sure of other events going on at that time either, but your dates are in the time frame that the NE schools have there winter break.
Are you sure? Colleges are usually on winter break from now until some time in January, and the public schools (in MA, anyway) the third week in February.

Anyway, curious why the OP isn't just booking directly with Disney. I can book that stay right now, as a single reservation.

Thank you to everyone for the answers and the information!

For a "split stay" like that, you wouldn't be guaranteed to stay in the same cabin. Worst case scenario is they require you to move at the end of every booking, which could get tiresome. You can request to stay in the same cabin, but that is just it - a request. If they are super full up, they may not be able to accommodate that request (though for the most part, I've heard of that being successful, but again, you can't be 100% certain).

So maybe I could try to ask directly to Undercover tourist if it's possible to have the same cabin for all the nights.

About renting a car, it's our intention to do that, because our flight lands in Miami so we need the car!

So maybe I could try to ask directly to Undercover tourist if it's possible to have the same cabin for all the nights.

Undercover Tourist doesn't make that decision. The resort's room assigner does that. You would have to call Disney Reservations and ask them to link the reservations together in their system. That will let the room assigner know that you have back-to-back reservations, and want to stay in the same room. I would also talk to the front desk about it when you arrive at the resort.

About renting a car, it's our intention to do that, because our flight lands in Miami so we need the car!

Just to make sure you're aware...Miami is over 200 miles from Orlando. That's about a 3.5 hour drive.

Just to make sure you're aware...Miami is over 200 miles from Orlando. That's about a 3.5 hour drive.

Yes, we are aware! We come from Italy and Miami is better connected with european countries. Thank you!

You would have to call Disney Reservations and ask them to link the reservations together in their system.

I think that I will book on WDW site, so I won't have any problem!
About tickets, where do you suggest to buy them? On undercover tourist I saw some good offers!

About tickets, where do you suggest to buy them? On undercover tourist I saw some good offers!

You can buy tickets anywhere that you find a good deal, as long as you make sure that they're an authorized Disney ticket reseller (Undercover Tourist is one).

I made the reservation on WDW site 3 days ago.
I can see the reservation but I don't manage to link it to my disney experience account. Is it normal or is there something wrong? I ask because I don't have so much time before my 60 days fastpass window opens!
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Thank you for the information.
I wrote an email to explain my problem. Do they usually answer?

Hi guys,

I eventually called Disney.
They told me that they can't find my reservation, probably bacause I booked few days ago. Is it something normal? How long does it usually take to link hotel reservation based on your previous experiences? I have few days left before my fastpass window opens and I am a bit nervous!

Thank you for the assistance!

No, I booked on the WDW site on 24 December. I immediately received the invoice but I can't link the reservation.

Then you need to call Disney again, and not get off the phone until they find your reservation and enable you to book everything else!

They told me that it could take 2 weeks before I can link the reservation and that they can't see it.

Yesterday I stayed one hour online with the operator but that's what I obtained!

Do you think that it's possible to do something else?
Thank you!

They told me that it could take 2 weeks before I can link the reservation and that they can't see it.

Yesterday I stayed one hour online with the operator but that's what I obtained!

Do you think that it's possible to do something else?
Thank you!

This makes no sense. If you booked through Disney, it should link to your MDE account. There shouldn't be any reason that it would take two weeks. I would NOT be satisfied with that answer. I would call back and get a different CM. If they can't solve your problem, ask to speak to their manager and move this up until you find someone to help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter