Reservation at The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

This makes no sense. If you booked through Disney, it should link to your MDE account. There shouldn't be any reason that it would take two weeks. I would NOT be satisfied with that answer. I would call back and get a different CM. If they can't solve your problem, ask to speak to their manager and move this up until you find someone to help you.

So you confirm my suspicions. I will try to call again and to solve the problem.

Are you usually able to link the reservation immediately after receiving the invoice and the confirmation number?
Thank you again!

Thank you to everyone for the answers and the information!

So maybe I could try to ask directly to Undercover tourist if it's possible to have the same cabin for all the nights.

About renting a car, it's our intention to do that, because our flight lands in Miami so we need the car!

Edited because I commented without reading the entire thread.

So you confirm my suspicions. I will try to call again and to solve the problem.

Are you usually able to link the reservation immediately after receiving the invoice and the confirmation number?
Thank you again!

Lately I have had to call Disney due to MDE issues and what I can and cannot see. I woudl call and as others ahve suggested, stay on the line while the situation is addressed. You shoudl see any reservation after you refresh, IIRC.

Lately I have had to call Disney due to MDE issues and what I can and cannot see. I woudl call and as others ahve suggested, stay on the line while the situation is addressed. You shoudl see any reservation after you refresh, IIRC.
I'll try to do that!

Do you know if someone has ever had a problem similar to mine?
From what I can read, it seems that my situation is quite strange.

Thank you for your answers!

I'll try to do that!

Do you know if someone has ever had a problem similar to mine?
From what I can read, it seems that my situation is quite strange.

Thank you for your answers!

Mine was not the same as yours, however I was not able to see some of our party and Disney IT had a heck of a time fixing that. I was persistant though becasue I wanted to be sure our FP date had all of us in place. Then our Memory Maker disappeared. I called and Disney could see it, but I could not. They did fix that as well.

MDE is quirky at best, so no matter how odd your problem is, I bet it has occurred for others. Their IT department is pretty nice though, and they will address this for you.

Mine was not the same as yours, however I was not able to see some of our party and Disney IT had a heck of a time fixing that. I was persistant though becasue I wanted to be sure our FP date had all of us in place. Then our Memory Maker disappeared. I called and Disney could see it, but I could not. They did fix that as well.

MDE is quirky at best, so no matter how odd your problem is, I bet it has occurred for others. Their IT department is pretty nice though, and they will address this for you.

Thank you again!
Is there a specific number to call? I'm in Europe, Italy. I initially tried to call in USA but they told me to call in England and so I did, but they couldn't fix my problem.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any particular phone numbers to call other than the main number. If you need to call in England, just keep asking for the next manager until you find someone who has a clue. I'm sure you're frustrated by this, but keep at it until you reach someone who knows what the heck they are doing.

Hi guys,
I have one last question, about the cabin accomodation.
I read somewhere that it's possible to choose in which cabin to stay, but I don't remember how and where to make this request to disney!

Do you have any suggestion about that? I would like to stay as near as possible to the bus station, in order to minimize the walks!
Thank you!

Hi guys,
I have one last question, about the cabin accomodation.
I read somewhere that it's possible to choose in which cabin to stay, but I don't remember how and where to make this request to disney!

Do you have any suggestion about that? I would like to stay as near as possible to the bus station, in order to minimize the walks!
Thank you!

It isn't true that you can choose which cabin in which to stay. What you can do is call and ask Disney to put your request on your reservation. If near the bus station is the most important thing to you, have that be your only request.

Just keep in mind that it is only a request, and you may, or may not have that request granted.

Editing to add that if you aren't near the main entrance, there are internal buses that you can take to get there. You can also rent a golf cart to take you. If you are at the other end of the resort, you are closer to the boat to MK, and a lot of fun things such as the stable, Hoop-di-Doo and restaurant, beach, etc.

It isn't true that you can choose which cabin in which to stay. What you can do is call and ask Disney to put your request on your reservation. If near the bus station is the most important thing to you, have that be your only request.

Just keep in mind that it is only a request, and you may, or may not have that request granted.

Editing to add that if you aren't near the main entrance, there are internal buses that you can take to get there. You can also rent a golf cart to take you. If you are at the other end of the resort, you are closer to the boat to MK, and a lot of fun things such as the stable, Hoop-di-Doo and restaurant, beach, etc.

Thank you for the information!

I don't know if you have done this already, but if you haven't, take a look at a map of Fort Wilderness. That way you can get an idea of how the campsites and cabins are arranged, and also see what is at each end of the resort.

I would also go on the thread for Fort Wilderness here on the DIS. I'm sure there are lots of people there who can give you good info on staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter