RESERVATION AVAILABILITY

tiffanymellick

Live for Vacas
I am trying to make reservations for our upcoming trip and the reservation window just opened this morning and started the minute it was available and out of 9 I tried for, I was only able to get 1. I am being flexible on days, times, etc. We do have 7 in our party. Is it just that hard to get a reservation anymore or is our party size an issue? Thanks!!

Could be both? Their system notoriously hates odd numbered parties. Try searching form a party of 8 or 2 parties of 4 maybe and checking all different time slots. What were you trying to find? And how many days are you staying?

That did provide more availability but then when I try to book 2 at the same time, it won't let me because it says there is a conflict and wants me to choose to replace the current one. Is there a way to override that and make the 2?

Just browsing this morning there are lots of choices in many, many resorts. I have had the same problem as you on occasion, with nothing showing up where I wanted to stay, even after changing dates all kinds of time. Then I waited until the next day and there was all kinds of availability. Sometimes I think it's a glitch in the system. Keep trying.

That did provide more availability but then when I try to book 2 at the same time, it won't let me because it says there is a conflict and wants me to choose to replace the current one. Is there a way to override that and make the 2?
You can't have the same person listed as the lead on both reservations. Put the second in the name of someone else in your group

Thanks!! I will try that. I was trying for everything from Whispering Canyon to Jaleo, 6 Days.
Don’t forget that all Disney Springs TS restaurants excepting Homecomin’ have a secondary reservation system called Open Table. Of course the Landry establishments such as TRex and Rainforest do not require an ADR if you have a purchased membership card. You also have reservation finders on sites such as touring plan and mouse dining.

Using those tools has allowed me to concentrate on the park and resort restaurants with more success.

Doesn’t sound like you had any high demand locations so hopefully the work around a here helped you get what you needed :) Disney IT is the worst.

I might be in the minority here, but I always call and have my pc open looking as well. I was a phone operator so it is part of the reason I actually like talking to a real live human, but I have found that actually talking with someone is the best way to go. Don't give up!

I am trying to make reservations for our upcoming trip and the reservation window just opened this morning and started the minute it was available and out of 9 I tried for, I was only able to get 1. I am being flexible on days, times, etc. We do have 7 in our party. Is it just that hard to get a reservation anymore or is our party size an issue? Thanks!!
KEEP TRYING! I couldn't get my first ADR, moved on and booked my others, and came back to my first attempt and there was magically availability.

When I run into this I just book the other reservation under my husband. Is there somebody else in your party who would share their login so you can do that? It’s totally annoying to do and then keep track of but it was effective for me. Or like a previous poster mentioned, if you call up the person you speak with will be able to book two for you.

I noticed today while doing a test for our trip that the site was giving bad data (Group of 2) . When I first searched for Dinner at Magic Kingdom (For a date in Sept) it showed zero availability. I then put in 6PM and got a few times. I thought that was odd, so I tried Dinner again, and this time I got 5 restaurants. I searched maybe 6 times more, getting seemingly random results from none, to 2 restaurants with a bunch of slots, to 5 restaurants...

Very strange.

Going to make booking my actual reservations interesting...

I discovered that as well. Random results on the website. Spend 3 hours on hold and never got anyone. So frustrated

Jaleo is on Open Table and seems to have more availability there than MDE.

EDIT: Also be sure that you are really logged in, if using the website.. Go to the MyDisneyExperience link on the top right of the webpage to force it to ask for your login.

I might be in the minority here, but I always call and have my pc open looking as well. I was a phone operator so it is part of the reason I actually like talking to a real live human, but I have found that actually talking with someone is the best way to go. Don't give up!

The only problem with that is that the phone lines open an hour after online. Plus, phone line waits have been in the hours.

Another tip is to try searching for specific times (9am, 1pm) vs. the generic meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner). You'd think the latter would yield the most results but it's Disney IT and nothing makes sense.

Our 60 day window opened this week and we’ve been having a weird glitch where sometimes our checkout day is included and sometimes not. That’s new; never happened for other trips.

We have 7 in our party and I logged in to get Reservations at the second they opened. 7 is tough for most places and only got a few. I did find that putting in a specific time vs the "Dinner" " Lunch" buttons worked better. I went through and booked all I wanted for 5 or 6 to get the time and called the restaurant. Every one was able to add on the 1 or 2 to our party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter