Reservation for 5 people but now 3

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
Due to a family illness I had to modify vacation plans for DM and DH.

I was able to change most of my dining ressies from 5 people to 3 but was not able to get another Ohana reservation for 3 people. If I keep the Ohana reservation for 5 people but only 3 show up will they still seat me or do I have to make reservations elsewhere for 3.

Thanks

We had my MIL & SIL not show for several ADR's on our trip in December and we never had a problem being seated with 2 less people than our ADR was for. It's a lot easier for the restaurants to accomodate fewer people than if you tried to add people to a reservation. Just tell them that 2 members of your party won't be coming that evening and they will seat you at a smaller table (more than likely). You may have a slight wait, but I don't believe we ever did.

It was great that you had the ADR availability to adjust some of your ressies. Most people don't seem to be that lucky, although I think getting ressies 180 days out makes it a little bit easier than we had it last year trying to make ressies 90 days out with a free dining offer going on. I don't think a lot of people plan their trips out 180 days ahead of time. I'm an "ubber planner" so I would, but that's me.

Have a great trip! Enjoy Ohana. We tried it for the first time in December and enjoyed it.

I would definitely keep it and tell them once you arrive that you are down to 3 for whatever reason. I know it can be hard to get a reservation there so i would leave it be for now.
We had ressies there twice last year, the second time my husband couldnt come with us so we were minus 1. I just told them upon checking in and it was no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter