• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservation in November-ticket question

Thank you for this tip. I was able to purchase our tickets through Undercover Tourist which is reputable and has good reviews. My biggest fear was having the resort reservation but not being able to get into the parks.
Did you purchase tickets today? Literally in the same position as you with rented points. Honestly if I could I would just cancel right now, but since I’ve sunk so much money into the hotel I’d at least like the option to go to the parks when the time comes. Strangely I got an email about my “upcoming trip” implying that I had tickets when I don’t so that was strange. How is UT selling tickets if Disney isn’t?

We tried buying some tickets from Undercover Tourist to link to our reservation today. We are the leaders of a large group reservation, so we decided to try it out with one ticket first. That one ticket went through just fine and we were able to link it to the My Disney Experience App just fine. Next I decided to do one family. I went through the process on UT to buy the 7 tickets needed for that one family ($2500 in tickets) and 4 hours later, it still says "processing." I haven't gotten the ticket numbers or been able to link them. Because we are a completely different kind of reservation- technically a small conference- we were told to wait until everyone registers and then buy all the tickets together at the group rate through Disney. Now, we have all these people expecting to be able to come to our event AND the parks... who we can't even guarantee will have a park ticket let alone a reservation to get it. Now, if you want to hear the suck of it, the rest of you are able to cancel or reschedule. They aren't allowing either of those things on our end. No cancelation. No reschedule. Must pay the entire balance in full, but they won't even guarantee anything on their end... especially with access to parks or tickets. And our resort might not even be open.

In November, 5 months away, I would think people with resort reservations would be able to buy tickets. I'm being hopeful.

What was your original date in March? If it ran past March 16th, I think your tickets should have an automatic extension to 9/26/2021 now. First they were extended to 12/15/2020 but further extended yesterday. Some are still waiting for that to show in MDE.

If your tickets were prior to the March 16th closure, you can still use them to upgrade to new dates.

I purchased them before the price increase. New dates are at a higher rate so I need to pay the difference on the tickets which I was aware of. Now I'm concerned that when the new reservation system is in place that they will see that we have tickets for our stay since I haven't changed the use date yet. I figure its all so new and subject to change that there are really no answers yet but figured wouldn't hurt to see if anyone else has some insight.

We hold AP Gold passes. EXP May 27, 2020.
WDW will not let us renew them. We have NOV 2020 Reservations - and we are canceling them.
Now considering cancellation of APR 2021 Reservations.

When there are parks? We will go. Let us know when there are parks.

Hey-just in case anyone needs help-I was able to successfully purchase etickets through undercover tourist and link them to by reservation, we are good to go for now. Thanks for the help!

Following for updates. We rented through David's for Christmas and don't have tickets yet. I'm torn between taking a wait and see approach, and trying UC tickets. Can anyone think/ experienced of any cons with going with the UC ticket route?
EDIT: just went to UC and they aren't selling tickets right now, which makes sense. A wait and see approach it is! At least I'm not alone ;)

Another option I just discovered is that WDW is still selling APs. I would wait to see what the rules are for APs with hotel stays reserving park reservations. If they are just treated like regular hotel guests with tickets as far as how many days can be reserved, then it might be a good option. I am considering this. We have 2 trips, July & November. I have an AP voucher. DH and DS have tickets for July but not November. I was going to upgrade them to APs once we got to WDW. Waiting to see how stuff pans out now though.

Following for updates. We rented through David's for Christmas and don't have tickets yet. I'm torn between taking a wait and see approach, and trying UC tickets. Can anyone think/ experienced of any cons with going with the UC ticket route?
EDIT: just went to UC and they aren't selling tickets right now, which makes sense. A wait and see approach it is! At least I'm not alone ;)

Once they start selling again, the e-ticket is a great option. The minute you get the email, you can link it in MDE and use them. It's great for last minute ticket purchases. I have never had issues with them before. The only thing that I don't know about is if you need to change your dates with non-flex date tickets and what happens with park hoppers. DH and DS have park hoppers from UT for July 12. Since they weren't purchased through Disney and park hopping will most likely not be happening, I don't know if we will get refunded for that. It's not a huge deal for me. Also, if park hopping is not allowed, I don't think UT will be selling those tickets once they open sales up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter