Reservation Number of Guests

ELT

Earning My Ears
I made reservations for 4 ( only option available) but now we are a party of two. When I try and update it says there are no reservations available for two at the same time? Can I keep the reservations I have or I will I be charged for the two people who do not show up?

Nah - you'll be fine just coming with 2. When you get the check-in notification, it has you enter exactly how many are present (and if they are adults or children) and that's it. They will seat you at the appropriate size table for the number you entered.

As long as 1 person shows up there is no problem with fewer guests. You can always try adjusting the number of people as the time gets closer.

I made reservations for 4 ( only option available) but now we are a party of two. When I try and update it says there are no reservations available for two at the same time? Can I keep the reservations I have or I will I be charged for the two people who do not show up?
at this time not sure there are any prepayed open but that would be the only time you would be charged for no shows if only some show up

at this time not sure there are any prepayed open but that would be the only time you would be charged for no shows if only some show up

That wasn’t true for us. We had a 6 person reservation for CRT in February and the guys bailed so there was just 3 of us and we weren’t charged. I also have TIW and they handled all that at the end of the meal.

That wasn’t true for us. We had a 6 person reservation for CRT in February and the guys bailed so there was just 3 of us and we weren’t charged. I also have TIW and they handled all that at the end of the meal.
have a friend who was charged at CRT but they do not have TIW.

What about the opposite issue? I thought we were only going to have 5 but another person is joining us for 3 days in the parks. This is 3 reservations. Since we were an odd number of 5 is 6 usually a problem?

What about the opposite issue? I thought we were only going to have 5 but another person is joining us for 3 days in the parks. This is 3 reservations. Since we were an odd number of 5 is 6 usually a problem?
yes, you never want to show up with MORE people than are on the reservation. You don't know the table layouts and how they have seating arranged, and if they hadn't planned on seating you at a 6- or more top that could really throw off the seating. Especially in this day and age with more spacing between tables. You should adjust your reservation for 6 people

On our mobile check-in's last week, we were ALWAYS given the option to add 1 more guest. The screen actually says "Your reservation is for X guests. You may add up to one additional guest." We had an odd number as well so obviously 1 other person could sit at our table with us. I saved the screenshot since it was new ;)

Going from 5 to 6 should not be a problem, assuming you are given the same message when you check-in. Unfortunately, they really don't want you approaching the host stand so you don't have the opportunity to ask as easily as pre-COVID unless they are willing to let you approach.

I would definitely continue to modify the reservation as that would be a guaranteed fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter