Reservation question

flowergirl45

Mouseketeer
I would like to book a room only reservation at the Contemporary. I’m not sure if we will arrive on Saturday or Sunday. If I start my booking on Saturday, and then eventually need to drop that night off the reservation, will there be a financial penalty for reducing our stay by one night? Thank you!

I think would need to rebook the whole reservation, and make a new one for one night - if available. When making the new reservation for one night and the rate could be significantly higher.

(The rate wouldn't be higher for a particular night if you are staying 1 night instead of 2.)
They don't let you just drop a day or days at the beginning or end of a reservation any longer (changed years ago). You have to be able to rebook, basically. Or convince a manager on the phone to grant some pixie dust. I.e., some resorts will show no available rooms for 1 night ressie, but will show rooms available for several nights (covering the 1 night that showed as not available). Hope that makes sense.
Basically you might get lucky and can make that change online, if not call and request a manager to help you out. Or book two reservations and cancel one once you know what you need (I don't like that practice but understand it).

Concur with @Amanda999 The computer says you need to be able to book it as a new reservation to drop a day but you might be able to get a manager to drop a day. Unfortunately it will be at their discretion/we don’t really know how it’s decided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter