• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservation Times

We try to be there 10-15 minutes early. Sometimes places told us to come back and check in closer to our time and others checked us in and took us to a table right away or we had a few minute wait. Sorry I can’t answer your other question.

It depends on the restaurant. We try and show up at least minutes before our time. How late can you show up? I think that really depends how busy the restaurant is and how accommodating they want to be.

Showing up early may, or may not get you seated early. It depends on the restaurant and how busy it is.

Just hoping we can show up 15-20 mins early :)
We usually show up about 10 to 15 minutes before the ADR. Sometime we have gotten seated right away at others it was around the time of our ADR or 10 minutes or so later. What restaurants you are thinking about ( including the time of your ADR) ? We never got seated early at 50s ( even with a 12:00 ish ADR) but have had decent results with the same time at Mama Melrose. We also had a dinner ADR at MM were we waited 20 minutes after our time.

Just hoping we can show up 15-20 mins early :)
Which restaurants?

Fifteen minutes before your reservation time is about the earliest Disney recommends. Depending on the restaurant and how busy they are at the time you arrive will determine whether you'll be seated early, still have to wait until your reservation time, running behind and have to wait past the res time, or are asked to come back closer to the res time. There's no hard and fast answer.

As far as how late you can be, it will depend on the restaurant. Disney does not have an official grace period policy so while most restaurants will give you about 15 minutes that is not guaranteed so as much as possible plan to arrive on time. We were waiting at a restaurant running behind schedule that didn't have a grace period one evening and turned away anyone who arrived after their reservation time.

We've arrived up to 30 minutes early, sometimes it works and we sit earlier and sometimes we don't (usually early for an illuminations table). But my dad has a fairly large wheelchair so he likes the host to know to ensure we have a decent table space (and that there's a clear path to the table haha). Typically though I hear 10-15 minutes, and as far as lateness, if it's busy I've seen them go past groups after 5-10 minutes late

We usually show up about 10 to 15 minutes before the ADR. Sometime we have gotten seated right away at others it was around the time of our ADR or 10 minutes or so later. What restaurants you are thinking about ( including the time of your ADR) ? We never got seated early at 50s ( even with a 12:00 ish ADR) but have had decent results with the same time at Mama Melrose. We also had a dinner ADR at MM were we waited 20 minutes after our time.

Which restaurants?

Fifteen minutes before your reservation time is about the earliest Disney recommends. Depending on the restaurant and how busy they are at the time you arrive will determine whether you'll be seated early, still have to wait until your reservation time, running behind and have to wait past the res time, or are asked to come back closer to the res time. There's no hard and fast answer.

As far as how late you can be, it will depend on the restaurant. Disney does not have an official grace period policy so while most restaurants will give you about 15 minutes that is not guaranteed so as much as possible plan to arrive on time. We were waiting at a restaurant running behind schedule that didn't have a grace period one evening and turned away anyone who arrived after their reservation time.

It's for homecomin, reservation is at 1:55 hoping to arrive around 1:35

Yeah, i agree with most PPs, it depends on the location. I think BOG, you can show up early as much as you want, but chances are you will not be seated ahead of time. However, Hollywood and Vine at 2pm? They will probably easily be able to accommodate you early. It depends on how full and tightly packed their ADRs are planned for.

Give it a try. Lunch at DS is usually not as crowded as it is at dinner or lunch in at a park restaurant.

I always check in 15-20 minutes before but a few times I have checked in (bus issues) after my reservation time (15 min) and they still got us in, within a reasonable time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter