Reservations A Year In Advance?

Mom2R&D

Mouseketeer
First of all, forgive me if I sound dense...

We are planning a trip back to Disney in June 2002 (a year from now). My question is if I make my reservations now can I cancel them when (and if) I find a lower rate? I understand DC discounts will come out soon for 2002 (I need to renew my card this month) but I really want to go ahead and make my ressies.

I know I will still have to pay a deposit. Will CRO just adjust my rate and total when I call back with a discount? Will I be penalized for changing?

I know, it sounds like I need someone to draw me a picture so I can understand. But I want to get the resort we want at a good price.

Help, please!

Book your room now thru CRO. Make sure you can pay the deposit, one room nite + tax in ten days and the balance on arrival. Watch this board and mousesavers for the discount. Planning is half the fun getting discounts is thrilling!!!!

The change over from your desposited room to a discount is just call back CRO and change the ressie to the discounted price.

No penalty for changing a ressie.

CRO 1/800-828-0228

Mary Waring discount codes and ways to save money
http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html

:o :D :bounce: :bounce: :p :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :cool:

That's how *I* do it, dear!

If you budget an amount little by little during the year, you hardly miss it! It is nice to get to the parks having only the daily expenses to deal with. I love to have my trip paid of by the time I leave my house.

Wanda

Me too! We are booked for and paying on our trip for 2003. I will be looking for discounts until then. When I find one (hopefully), any extra money will just stay in my account for any of the extras at Disney like a refrigerator, phone bills, refillable mugs etc.

Have fun planning!

Wait a minute! You mean I can book my stay now, pay the deposit, then pay little by little on the account til I leave? Also when a discount comes along that I like I can then call CRO and change to get the discount? AND I can book as far ahead as 2003? This sounds almost too good to be true. That would be like having a private vacation club! Is this how you disney vets get such a spectacular vacation at DW and don't seem to sweat the expense? Let me know if I have it right.

It is true, just get your ressie and start paying like a lay-away Plan!

Go for it, I planned 2001 in aug 2000, changed each ressie as soon as a discount got posted...... and will plan 2002 Real Soon!

;) :bounce: :p :bounce: :bounce: :D :cool:

Made my reservations yesterday and will be paying little by little, all the while looking for those discounts!

Thanks for helping me out y'all!

Offsite 1991
ASSp 1997
AsMo 2000
AsMo 2002!

jaletu2000 - yes you can book for 2003 now, in fact, we booked our 2003 vacation in Sept 2000! You will be quoted this years rate but they will adjust the rate as your vacation dates get closer.

The important thing to do is make sure you have a room at the hotel you want. It is very easy to cancel a reservation if you change your mind but it is not always easy to book a room. Sometimes the rooms sell out.

We started to go now every Sept. The day after we return, I call and book for the next year. Its a great way to keep the disney magic going all year round. I have my countdown timer on my computer reset then, so i can keep track of how long i have. Then I just send them say 50 one week, or more or less as needed so i can pay it off. When i buy my airfare, i then change the dates on the resort if it doesnt match up with no problem..........92 days to go and counting!!

Well I'm excited by all your replies! Now I just have to work hard to get that first deposit together then I'm calling! This is such a great idea. I can even overpay and have money for food waiting at the hotel. I love the idea of being able to charge a restaurant meal to your room. This way the money will be there!

I'm planning to work during school hours this coming year and most of it will go to our "vacation fund" now that I know I can do this. Thanks.

We booked our July 2001 trip in Feb 2000, we paid a one night deposit with tax, when the 2001 rates came out CRO sent us a letter letting us know the adjusted rate, as our trip got closer we started shopping rates and adjusted our reservation as needed. We are going to do the same thing for our next trip we just need to decide when we want to go again...that should be easy....:D

One more consumer-minded reminder note: The reservations do not need a part of an expensive package!

You can just select the date, check out the discounts available and call Disney travel directly to book your room. You still put down a deposit and the payment is due in full several days before you arrive.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter