Reservations for 11...best way???

ajh88

DIS Veteran
I'm working on an end of May trip for a total of 11 people (well, really 10 because one will be a baby). The baby will be my DSis+BIL's and I would like to make reservations to accommodate our entire party but I realize there may be times when they may not make it (depending on how baby is doing) - plus they are people who run late for EVERYTHING and I don't necessarily want 8 people standing around waiting for the 2 of them to decide to show up.

I don't really know the best way to approach this - I've thought about making one reservation for 8 people and then a separate reservation for the 2 of them (with baby) at the same time. If we all showed up together, would it be possible or likely that we could sit near each other?

Or should I book each family unit separately (4, 5, 2) at the same time and do the strategy as above, then if any group doesn't show up, the others can still eat? I don't want to just show up and be like "surprise, there are really 11 of us" but I also don't want to make a bunch of reservations for 11 and then have only 8 people there...

Any advice or guidance? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

I would make them all for 11. Better to have a larger reservation than show up with more people. You may sit separately anyway.

I was wondering this too, we are going with another party (we are a party of 3, and they are of 5) and was wondering what should happen if they cant make the ADRs? Will they not sit us?

The 3 and 5 is a bit different. In that case I might make the ressie for 3 and 5 separately at the same time in the two different names so that you are not really wasting ADR space. Then, if they decide not to make it, you can cancel the 5 when needed instead of taking up a table for 8 with 3 people.

We went as a party of 11 in 09 (10 adults and a 4 year old). On our first day there, 3 of the 11 became very ill and missed several of the reservations. Another day, my middle son didn't feel like getting up for that character breakfast and he missed it. No matter how many we showed up with in our original party of 11, we were still seated without a problem.

We were all seated together at a large table except at Sci Fi, where we had 2cars side by side, and Coral Reef, where we were seated at a table for 6 across the aisle from a booth for 5.

The deal is that you all have be there together when you check in so if you have people who are late, they may not end up getting seated at all. I would think that would teach them to be on time after it happens to them once.

It is much easier to remove people than ADD people.

We have had to "wait for the rest of them" before they;d sit us, so be prepared. Or make reservations with your family, and then they do theres. Then all check in at same time and ask... AT LTT last year we had separate reservations, showed up and they put us all together..I have also made reservations for 8 with no issue.
have a great YUMMY time!

Thanks for the responses! As of now, I have booked 2 slots for each ADR - one for 8 and one for 3 - so at least we have our ADRs and I can worry about the exact headcount (I know it won't go UP!) closer to the time. I managed to get all of them either at the exact same time or within 10 minutes, so I think we'll be good.

Thanks again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter