Reservations for 11 how-to

amytaylor2

Mouseketeer
I've got a while yet until it's my window to book dining reservations. I'm just trying to get a game plan in mind. I am going Oct. 16-23 with 11 family members, possibly 12. They've basically put me in charge of planning everything. My question is, would I have better luck trying to log into 2 accounts and try to get the reservations I need or call and hope they aren't gone by the time someone answers? I

I've got a while yet until it's my window to book dining reservations. I'm just trying to get a game plan in mind. I am going Oct. 16-23 with 11 family members, possibly 12. They've basically put me in charge of planning everything. My question is, would I have better luck trying to log into 2 accounts and try to get the reservations I need or call and hope they aren't gone by the time someone answers? I
I would just break them up and make them on 2 (or 3) different accounts. You can also call, but I always prefer to just do it myself as opposed to trying to rely on the phones and possibly getting a CM who doesn't know how to do what I'm needing.

Easiest way to make 2 reservations is to make the first one using someone other than yourself (the MDX account holder) the lead guest on the first reservation. Once you get the first one confirmed then make the second one for the rest of the party with yourself as the lead guest.

Easiest way to make 2 reservations is to make the first one using someone other than yourself (the MDX account holder) the lead guest on the first reservation. Once you get the first one confirmed then make the second one for the rest of the party with yourself as the lead guest.
Would I need to log into their account and mine?

Can you explain why this process works better? I'll have a party of 9 in March, two households plus a mother-in-law, so we break up into two groups easily but would love to eat together.

I had few issues getting ADRs for a party of 11, pre-covid. The only one we wanted but couldn't get was CRT.

I got CRT for a party of 11 back in 2016. My advice is be online when the window opens and be flexible on what time you get, we had a 4pm dinner.

Now you have to call. Before covid I could reserve online
You have to call for big parties? What time does that happen compared on getting ADRs online? If it's later, wouldn't you be completely out of luck, or do they hold some reservations back for phone only?

Can you explain why this process works better? I'll have a party of 9 in March, two households plus a mother-in-law, so we break up into two groups easily but would love to eat together.

It is usually best to get two ADRs (4+5) at the same time and then tell the host that you want to wait and be seated at the same or adjoining tables.

An ADR doesn't actually reserve you a specific table, it is sort of adding your name to the list at a Bennigans or The Golden Trough, just months in advance,... it's just a head count against capacity and you get the next available table when you could to the top of the list. But MDE availability does try and match tom the number of two-tops, four-tops and larger tables they have, so the system will only accept a handful of larger parties (it is cold and unyielding and doesn't care if you love your children...or not). If you have enough ADRs for everyone, the host can adapt a lot more, and hold a tables to fit, but do expect a longer wait to be able to sit together (just like you would anywhere else)

The process of making the first ADR under a different guest’s name then the second under your name works because the system won’t let you make both overlapping reservations under your name - it won’t even let you search for the second ADR and then put it under someone else’s name. If you put your spouse (for example) as managing the first ADR, the system will be happy to let you make a second ADR for (roughly) the same time at the same restaurant.

Thank you! Early December sounds nice. Christmas decorations and no crowds! I was there in early Dec back in 2003 - it was really chilly but still not as cold as home!
You have to call for big parties? What time does that happen compared on getting ADRs online? If it's later, wouldn't you be completely out of luck, or do they hold some reservations back for phone only?
Since covid, yes. I got a message telling me to call for parties larger than eight. It’s an hour later to call but we wanted to all sit together instead of booking two tables

The process of making the first ADR under a different guest’s name then the second under your name works because the system won’t let you make both overlapping reservations under your name - it won’t even let you search for the second ADR and then put it under someone else’s name. If you put your spouse (for example) as managing the first ADR, the system will be happy to let you make a second ADR for (roughly) the same time at the same restaurant.
Got it! Thanks for the explanation!

Since covid, yes. I got a message telling me to call for parties larger than eight. It’s an hour later to call but we wanted to all sit together instead of booking two tables
I also got a message asking me to call when I tried to make a reservation for nine at Mama Melrose for December. The message gave me a special number that is different from the 407-WDW-DINE number. I ended up calling that number after having no success making split reservations on my own, and the cast member was very helpful and got everything booked for us. Yes, that number opens at 7 AM Eastern, but again I found it very helpful to just call rather than continue trying to book online.

If you break your party into 2 groups, are you prepared to not sit together? Not sure how you can guarantee being near each other. I have made reservations for a large group and did so by calling the restaurant directly. It worked out just fine and we were all seated together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter