Reserving a table for two at Homecomin'

warrenz1963

Mouseketeer
In a few days my window opens to make restaurant reservations. I'll be hoping to reserve a table for two.

I've been doing some test runs and I can easily find times for tables of four, but have not been able to find any tables for two. So I'm inclined to reserve a table for four, and adjust the reservation when we show up at the restaurant. Is this allowed? Will they refuse to honor the reservation if I try to do this?

Ideas? Thoughts?

In a few days my window opens to make restaurant reservations. I'll be hoping to reserve a table for two.

I've been doing some test runs and I can easily find times for tables of four, but have not been able to find any tables for two. So I'm inclined to reserve a table for four, and adjust the reservation when we show up at the restaurant. Is this allowed? Will they refuse to honor the reservation if I try to do this?

Ideas? Thoughts?
I made brunch reservations at Homecomin' this past February for our family of 5. I had to get a reservation for 4, up it to 6 later, and then downgrade it to 5. It's fine. :)

Book the table for 4. Then go back and modify it to 2.

I often travel solo so I’ve been doing it for years and years. I book for however many the reservation system offers, then modify to 1. Disney tech has no issue with this. Go figure!

So I'm inclined to reserve a table for four, and adjust the reservation when we show up at the restaurant. Is this allowed? Will they refuse to honor the reservation if I try to do this?
You can do that, no problem. We often have an odd number of people in our party, so bumping up to an even number will work just fine.

I'm inclined to reserve a table for four, and adjust the reservation when we show up at the restaurant. Is this allowed? Will they refuse to honor the reservation if I try to do this?

Ideas? Thoughts?
If I book for 4, I immediately modify to 1.

By doing this, I free up a 4 top table for other guests to book… feels like the right thing to do where everyone may struggle at one point or another for reservations.

Also, I’m guessing it’s easier for the restaurant to plan seating. If you book 4 and show up with 2, there will be no penalty. But it may mean extra time shuffling table assignments.

Homecomin' also holds back tables for walk-ups. You might have to wait a bit, but you most likely won't be turned away. You can wander around DS until they text you. They also offer bar seating which can be easier to get with just one or two people.

All that being said, we are a family of three. If I can't find a reservation for three, I book it for four. It's never been a problem.

Thanks for the heads up on booking Homecomin' for 4 and modifying to 2! I have been trying for a reservation for 2 since our booking window opened on July 7!! I was able to book Homecomin' using this 'trick', and Steakhouse 71 now shows up when booking for 4 as well.

I did end up booking Biergarten the night we originally wanted Steakhouse 71, because S71 wasn't showing up for a table for 2. Now I'm torn on what to do. We've been to S71 and liked it, but haven't tried Biergarten - any advice/opinions would be appreciated!

I did end up booking Biergarten the night we originally wanted Steakhouse 71, because S71 wasn't showing up for a table for 2. Now I'm torn on what to do. We've been to S71 and liked it, but haven't tried Biergarten - any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
We faced the same issue. Homecomin’ was initially unavailable, so I booked Rose & Crown. I switched over to Homecomin’ because a few folks in our family haven’t been there and we’re all familiar with Rose & Crown (and enjoy it a lot!). We enjoy trying new spots, but try to incorporate old favorites as well. Its’s tough to please everyone because there are so many choices now! Maybe go by a vote or (my personal favorite - follow your heart). Really - both are fine choices.

My experience as a solo diner has been if you modify down to a party of 1 the restaurant by default will place you at the bar to eat and not keep a 2 top table for you. If you modify to a party of 2, then you have the table as default and will then be asked on arrival if you want to eat at the bar and give up the table. Nothing wrong with eating at the bar. But you may want a table and if so, modify down to a party of 2 not 1. The only exception with this has been Beaches and Cream where a party of 1 eats at the counter regardless whether you booked as 2 guests. No table option for 1 guest there. Just my experience at that restaurant after 4x reservations. YMMV.

My experience as a solo diner has been if you modify down to a party of 1 the restaurant by default will place you at the bar to eat and not keep a 2 top table for you. If you modify to a party of 2, then you have the table as default and will then be asked on arrival if you want to eat at the bar and give up the table. Nothing wrong with eating at the bar. But you may want a table and if so, modify down to a party of 2 not 1. The only exception with this has been Beaches and Cream where a party of 1 eats at the counter regardless whether you booked as 2 guests. No table option for 1 guest there. Just my experience at that restaurant after 4x reservations. YMMV.
In all the many years I have done this… and I’m old… it has only happened once… at Space 220 Lounge shortly after the restaurant opened. I simply said, I prefer to sit at a table and was immediately accommodated. I’ve gone there frequently since and never had this happen again since they now use stand by to fill the bar.

Haven’t eaten at Beaches in many years but I do recall sitting at the counter when solo… which I actually preferred… loved watching them put together the kitchen sink! Lol

I’m short and have have bilateral knee replacements so I’m not sitting at a bar in any event. If I have a ressie and were presented with that as an option I would simply say that I would wait for a table. Hasn’t been an issue.

As you say, YMMV, but you can request a table.

We faced the same issue. Homecomin’ was initially unavailable, so I booked Rose & Crown. I switched over to Homecomin’ because a few folks in our family haven’t been there and we’re all familiar with Rose & Crown (and enjoy it a lot!). We enjoy trying new spots, but try to incorporate old favorites as well. Its’s tough to please everyone because there are so many choices now! Maybe go by a vote or (my personal favorite - follow your heart). Really - both are fine choices.

It's just DH and I, like you, we enjoy trying new spots as well, so we've decided to keep the Biergarten reservation.

We're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, so the plan is early dinner (4:40pm) at Biergarten, take the monorail to the TTC, then either the monorail or boat to MK for the night, and take advantage of the extended evening hours.

When our 60+4 window opened, a 2 top at 4:30pm on pour Day 1 (a Sunday) was my first ADR get. About a week later I shuffled it to a 6pm. I cannot stress how great, and affordable, the $12 children's fried chicken sandwich with two sides (I chose green beans and sweet potato casserole) is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter