• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort availability overload!

Red Dog Run

Mouseketeer
I just became a DVC member. Bought direct pts yesterday and some good resales. My first experience with booking was shaky so I called member services. OMG! I was able to get all my choices of non-home resorts in March! Poly March 6-8, Rivera 9-10, and Bay Lake Tower 11-13! I never stayed deluxe before, so I wanted a test run. WOW. I asked if this is normal at 7 months and the Disney person said,....um... no mam. I saved my home resorts for later!

Definitely not normal. I am booked for 3/5-3/12 next year. At my 7 month mark, I had my choice of resorts (the normal ones - ssr, okw, and AKV, as well as harder ones like boardwalk, poly - both views, blt - both views, and something else I can’t remember now). And these were for studios. BCV was available for all except 1 day in the middle. I booked boardwalk and waitlisted whole week at bcv but I love bwv so I will be happy staying there if the waitlist doesn’t not come through. My friends booked a 1 bedroom for 3/8-3/12 And also had a lot of availability Choices. Normally, the options are a lot less.

Especially not true for studios at Beach Club and Boardwalk. I haven't checked in awhile, but studios at GF and BLT are also hard to come by for the most part (especially at 7 month)

I've gotten BCV for F&W, BWV standard only a few months out during this Covid crazy time. Never happened before. Once things get back to normal, you'll find out about booking your home resort at 11 months and then seeing what is still available at seven months out.

1 bedroom at BCV in October 2 months out...VGF studio SV in December 4 months out, RIV studio in February at 5 months out, VGF and RIV SV studios in March, just booked Sunday.

Oh forgot, I also got BLT and BWV 1 bedroom standards for mid January in August.

No stalking either which is what was so unusual for some of them!

Today I booked two nights in VGF in December, studio. I had had Poly, but once I learned about resort closure and monorail work, it became less attractive.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear the bookings from others during this wide-open time!
Before I moved my trip to April, I had gotten:

CCV and BLT (1br) in August (last month) with 2 months' notice and

in March:
BLT standard (studio and 1br)
CCV

There was a fair amount of movement in BLT because I kept changing my dates, moving things around, booking other resorts, and the BLT standard rooms in those dates kept coming up and disappearing and reappearing (not due to my moves). For a time AKV concierge and value were pretty open too.

Last week I was able to get a AK concierge studio for 2 nights for the first week of June. Hopefully concierge will be up and running by then. I have owned for years at AK and haven't ever been able to snag concierge even first thing at 11 months (I am too lazy to try walking). Fingers crossed I will actually get to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter