Resort cancellation policy question…

Shamrock88

Earning My Ears
I have made many resort reservations at Disney, however I have never made a resort cancellation. I found a deal that I could not pass up at one of the Hotel Plaza Boulevard resorts. Consequently I canceled a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside, more than two weeks before the check-in date. I was somewhat surprised I never received a confirmation cancellation, because when making reservations, I always receive a confirmation e-mail immediately. Since I made the cancellation on the computer, after three days I called to make sure the cancellation had indeed gone through, which it had. I then found out it takes two billing cycles to get the deposit credited back to your credit card. Is this the normal policy? If it is that is not acceptable.

I have found that Disney normally gives the credit within 2 business days. It all depends on how quickly your bank/cc company credits your account.

That sounds like it would likely be the case. I just made the cancellation Friday, so I guess I'll find out the next couple days. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated

They say 2 billing cycles because they can't predict your card turn around time.

It shouldn't take more than 10 business days tops in most cases, and they don't send cancellation emails for reservations.

I then found out it takes two billing cycles to get the deposit credited back to your credit card. Is this the normal policy? If it is that is not acceptable.

Just like with any company that gives refunds, the refund doesn't happen on the customer's end immediately. Some credit card companies and/or banks take ages, and the refunding company can't control that. So companies tell you that it will take a few billing cycles, which it can take, but that's not because of the refunding company.

I can empathize with your situation. I also had to cancel a Disney reservation plus another trip. I cancelled on Friday also. I know this doesn't help, but, I have always found that it is much faster for a business to take your money then to refund it.

Just as an FYI to anyone interested - I also cancelled on Friday (4/3/15) and there is a credit on my today (4/9/15) for my deposit. It was a room only reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter