Resort Change by Disney

They aren’t taking rooms reserved for other guests and those people modifying are only getting to move to DVC or FW. But there’s no question that they are reducing future availability when modifying reservations. That said, I don’t imagine they’re overrun with people willing to pay rack rate for a DVC property.
But they are...we are at Pop starting 7/26 and if Pop isn’t open yet and we can’t be moved bc there isn’t space in another property as a result of letting people who booked during our stay from when the parks were closed. We have tickets with those dates and a room reserved. Seems like we should have first take on those available rooms.

But they are...we are at Pop starting 7/26 and if Pop isn’t open yet and we can’t be moved bc there isn’t space in another property as a result of letting people who booked during our stay from when the parks were closed. We have tickets with those dates and a room reserved. Seems like we should have first take on those available rooms.

What you just described isn’t what I said. I said they aren’t taking rooms reserved for other guests, and they aren’t.

If Pop isn’t open, they’ll move you somewhere else. The number of people modifying their dates and paying rack rate for DVC properties is probably incredibly low.

Most likely they’ll open more resorts by then anyway. Upgrades might not be the deal then, but you’ll still get a room somewhere.

Last edited:
I agree with her as well. And you are making sense. None of us want to get bumped but the June guests certainly deserve to rebook when parks are open.
If they continue down that road when does it ever catch up? Creating a bigger problem- June has to rebook in July, July has to rebook later, those later people end up rebooking .....

If they continue down that road when does it ever catch up? Creating a bigger problem- June has to rebook in July, July has to rebook later, those later people end up rebooking .....
That is why I think Disney has to be looking at their current bookings and know what they can use from the available inventory. Someone posted a couple days ago that they were not able to move their June booking to late July because everything was booked. Then someone else later posted they were able to move to late July. I'm sure as people have begun to digest the news and evaluate the situation, cancellations are coming in faster than people wanting to rebook (esp at rack rates). So, I'm optimistic that if my resort is closed at the end of July, Disney will have a place to put me...However, if I am charged rack rate for dvc, chances are good we will cancel that part of the stay.

I had a reservation for 10 days in July which I canceled last week. The strange thing that happened was that an entry was made to my Google calendar striking out the “Stay as Disney's Contemporary Resort" and a new entry showing “Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort”. Keep in mind that this happened after I had canceled and received the refund. So it appears that they may change where you stay.

Hello All,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have read roughly 30 of the 54 pages and was curious, I have seen people at ASMo moved to FW Cabins and Pop moved to various DVC. My question, for those who had multiple rooms (two studios) at a value but were moved, were you given two rooms or a larger single room that accommodated the full party?

Hello All,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have read roughly 30 of the 54 pages and was curious, I have seen people at ASMo moved to FW Cabins and Pop moved to various DVC. My question, for those who had multiple rooms (two studios) at a value but were moved, were you given two rooms or a larger single room that accommodated the full party?
We are in the same situation - two value rooms - so I've been trying to pay attention to anyone getting moved who has multiple rooms. At this point, I can only think of one. Poster had two rooms at CBR and both rooms were moved to Riviera studios.

So everyone that is getting bumped to another resort, do they have to pay the difference in price between the value/mod resort they booked, and the deluxe they're getting bumped to?

Did you call Disney or did they call you? I confirmed our June 24-July 1 CBR stay via the email they sent out on Saturday. The confirmation screen said Disney would contact me shortly and I haven’t heard anything yet.
I had actually clicked I was going to modify my reservation as we were at a closed resort. I may have read the email incorrectly, but I figured I had to change where we were staying. When I clicked that, it prompted me to call Disney. It did not indicate they would be calling me.
The first CM asked if I wanted to change dates, when I said no she transferred me immediately to the team that would help me move resorts.

You certainly don’t have to agree with the way Disney has chosen to prioritize people getting to modify trips, but as I said, closed is closed.

June people are canceled out, July people are not so it makes sense they’d deal with those people first.

Last edited:
I had actually clicked I was going to modify my reservation as we were at a closed resort. I may have read the email incorrectly, but I figured I had to change where we were staying. When I clicked that, it prompted me to call Disney. It did not indicate they would be calling me.
The first CM asked if I wanted to change dates, when I said no she transferred me immediately to the team that would help me move resorts.
Where did you move from and where did you move to as far as resorts may I ask?

Not all of the June guests are choosing July..from reports, many haven’t been successful. The people actually having success are the ones who did not change dates...traveling before July 4th.

Should we start a new thread specifically for comped relocations? Maybe with these questions, but feel free to add more ideas:
1. When are your dates?
2. Original hotel?
3. Where were you moved & what room type were you given?
4. How did you originally book your room?
I think that's a good idea as it gets hard to follow with all the other discussion happening at the same time.

Should we start a new thread specifically for comped relocations? Maybe with these questions, but feel free to add more ideas:
1. When are your dates?
2. Original hotel?
3. Where were you moved & what room type were you given?
4. How did you originally book your room?
I think that's a good idea as it gets hard to follow with all the other discussion happening at the same time.
Posted a new thread here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/post-your-rescheduled-relocated-resort-date-here.3804041/

So I’m a concerned about Disney’s communication with there phone CM’a I asked about my not real July 1st reservation and after calling 4 times 2 times they told me I had to pay to be moved 1 time they put in motion the transfer and the last time they said they could take care of it there. Not saying anything shady but kinda Strange they all wouldn’t know and when I questioned the one she was for sure about the fee

Unfortunately CM information is usually all over the place but in this case it seems to be really bad. You have some CMs saying you must modify your dates or cancel, others saying you have to pay to move resorts, and others saying they can't help you because you aren't in their zone.

If you get any of those responses just keep calling back. At this point I wouldn't trust Disney to eventually call me and update me.

Thank you so much!!! Can we add two more questions:
-How did you originally book your room? (Directly through Disney, TA, travel website)? [Those of us who used travel websites are especially curious about how this has worked out for others, since we don't have an actual TA and are at the mercy of the travel website's customer service dept.]
-How were you contacted about your resort's closure? [Some are getting an email, for some it's been via their TA. We're just curious about these trends, too.]

Worry about what you can control. Stop worrying about what you can’t. You can book a refundable offsite hotel. You can’t stop Disney from selling a backup room you might or might not have had access to and walking you. Be upset about how unfair it might be to you in a couple months if that’s your cup of tea but l’d really consider shelving that since you literally can do nothing about it.

Logically outside of us complete and total Disney nerds here- who the hell is paying rack rate for the DVC rooms or cabins in the FL wilderness to accompany a half a Disney park experience on your full price park tickets? Not many.

I understand what you are saying! I had a 7/2-7/7 BC hotel reservation that I was able to modify to 7/19-7/28 and move to an open resort. When I made this change I did think about this after. Someone who currently has a 7/19-7/28 reservation at a closed resort now has one less option to be moved because I took one of the rooms. I can totally understand this concern.

I also have 7/10-7/19 reservations at two moderates that I am concerned about that could just be cancelled on me because there may not be available rooms. I don’t know what will happen, but I completely see your point!

Best wishes that you get moved and your vacation works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter