Resort Change by Disney

I think we'll still see people moved in September. September is traditionally the slowest month (especially early September), so I don't see a big uptick in bookings to fill the resorts, even if Florida relaxes social distancing requirements by then. Plus, the NBA presence is going to cause a lot of people to get bumped, probably through October. Sounds like CSR is going to be the NBA resort of choice, which shouldn't affect those at AoA, but will still result in movement for a lot of others.
Yes, as I said, I don't think they'll need to move as many and when they do move them, they'll have other resorts to choose from besides DVC and the FW cabins. I look for the sweet upgrades those going before park opening are getting to end and perhaps a more sideways move- value to value, moderate to moderate etc.

We are in the same situation - two value rooms - so I've been trying to pay attention to anyone getting moved who has multiple rooms. At this point, I can only think of one. Poster had two rooms at CBR and both rooms were moved to Riviera studios.
Thank you! That was one of my main worries would be moving to the same resort. My other main curiosity would be if they could consolidate two linked value rooms like you or I have into a single suite or cabin, so long as the occupancy limits were still met. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Yeah, this is my biggest concern. We are in theme park view rooms at the Contemporary and the Poly. I hope and pray that those resorts are open. If they aren't I imagine every other option will be a downgrade. BUT I think the deluxes will open by the times the parks opens so hopefully that doesn't apply to us.
If they moved you to the DVC side of Poly or BLT, I wouldn't think that would be a downgrade. I think they are mostly trying to move to the DVC side of Deluxe resorts that share a property. Even if you didn't have a theme park view when moved, there aren't any fireworks, so little advantage to having that view I suppose.

If they moved you to the DVC side of Poly or BLT, I wouldn't think that would be a downgrade. I think they are mostly trying to move to the DVC side of Deluxe resorts that share a property. Even if you didn't have a theme park view when moved, there aren't any fireworks, so little advantage to having that view I suppose.

For me personally the Contemporary tower holds a special place in my heart, not BLT. Also, seeing as the DVC rooms have a pull out couch and a small murphy bed that would be a huge downgrade for my family. We are 2 adults, a 15 year old, 2 huge 12 year olds and a 2 year old. The pull out couches are uncomfortable for 1 person let alone 2 teenagers. And the fold down couch is larger than the murphy bed for one of the 12 year olds.

Fireworks or not, I am looking forward to seeing Cinderella's castle from my room.

This is likely our 1 and only time for us to stay deluxe, much less a theme park view room.

For me personally the Contemporary tower holds a special place in my heart, not BLT. Also, seeing as the DVC rooms have a pull out couch and a small murphy bed that would be a huge downgrade for my family. We are 2 adults, a 15 year old, 2 huge 12 year olds and a 2 year old. The pull out couches are uncomfortable for 1 person let alone 2 teenagers. And the fold down couch is larger than the murphy bed for one of the 12 year olds.

Fireworks or not, I am looking forward to seeing Cinderella's castle from my room.

This is likely our 1 and only time for us to stay deluxe, much less a theme park view room.

Just be aware that the BLT does not have the Murphy bed. The studios only sleep 4 with the pull out,

The 1 bedrooms have the pull out and a sleeper chair, along with 2 bathrooms.

Poly and VGF studios have the pull out and the Murphy bed.

Makes sense. We only have 2 small kids, so I always forget about types of beds making a difference for people. Hopefully, it will open up or get you into something good.

My wife and I will be there the same week with a 5 day park ticket. We are anxious to see what comes of park admission. We booked a backup trip at Cabana Bay at Universal just in case Disney falls through.
I have not tried pricing the Cabana Bay. I did price the hotels that give you front of the line access and it was a little out of our price range but I think I will check that out because from what I have read at least right now attendance is low enough that the front of the line access may not be that important.

I have not tried pricing the Cabana Bay. I did price the hotels that give you front of the line access and it was a little out of our price range but I think I will check that out because from what I have read at least right now attendance is low enough that the front of the line access may not be that important.
Cabana is very affordable. Just had to put down the first night and its refundable

If you go with low crowds, you don't need Express Pass. We did UO last September with a stay at Cabana Bay. Everything was little to no wait with the exception of Hagrid's, but that doesn't take Express Pass anyway.

I have a suspicion that they are not as booked as we might think... hence letting people modify to a date after 7/11. I think if Disney was already overbooked for the opening, they would only let guests modify to a later date... I’m just holding on to hope that those of us with mid-July dates will be able to go and get into parks at least 75% of the days we have tickets for...

almost everyone that I’ve seen on Facebook has cancelled. On a recent “are you going in September” post, 193 commenters said they have cancelled their reservations due to masks, fireworks, characters, etc. I’m thinking way more people cancelled than we know of.

also wondering... Disney is much larger than universal. Disney should have a LOT more room and as we’ve seen, universal is very slow right now. Thoughts?
I agree with you. If they were already overbooked, they wouldn’t offer it to June people.
Also, I think something else to think about is, how many people have resort reservations but no tickets to go with it. I have seen a lot of people mention they never bought tickets. More people may cancel if Disney doesn’t begin selling tickets again.

Am I the only one dreaming of being upgraded to a Poly Bungalow? They are available for my dates. I know it's a FAR stretch, but a girl can dream... :cloud9:
You are not the only one😁. That would be my dream come true.❤️. I know it probably won’t happen unless I get some super sized pixie dust. Especially since we are booked at CBR😂. I’m still dreaming!

You are not the only one😁. That would be my dream come true.❤. I know it probably won’t happen unless I get some super sized pixie dust. Especially since we are booked at CBR😂. I’m still dreaming!

yes! I really want to just cancel and do Universal instead (it's been 2.5 yrs since we've been there and our past 2 trips have been Disney) BUT I cannot bring myself to cancel just in case we get some amazing upgrade. we always stay moderate so there's a few different deluxes that I would be excited about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter