Resort Change by Disney

I had a reservation for Yacht Club for 4th of July which I called and they moved over to Beach Club Villas for me... now trying to decide whether we keep it because it's quite pricey for a trip with no Stormalong Bay or fireworks.

ETA: Villas as it was causing confusion
was this a pro-active move on your part or did they tell you YC would not be open yet? Was there a price difference?

we are booked mid August, but if SAB is closed still, will need to change resorts or cancel completely.

The Sage Continues: (You can read yesterday's update for the first part)

So I gave them about 28 hours for the supervisor to call me as they said would happen before reached out to them. The email said this had to be done before June 12 so I am only waiting for them to call me so long my timeline apparently does not match theirs. I got right through to the resort line like all ways went through the normal questions and told them my story. The CM said she would have to transfer me to the special guest services group. I said do you know how long the wait is because I just got done waiting 2 hours yesterday alone. She said she would check and get back to me, so after about 2 minutes she came back and said I have CM on the line who can help. I am getting all excited thinking this may finally happen. I tell him my situation again that I was told I had to talk to a supervisor because the Saratoga Springs Deluxe studio I was going to be given was no longer available and that my occupancy levels were to big for it anyways. So he mentions he can probably get me into a 2BR Villa at Saratoga Springs. I then open my mouth thinking I could help my situation and say "It does not have to be Saratoga Springs, I was just referring to Saratoga Springs because that is what I was told I was going to be put in." He says, "ok let me look around and see what I can do for you." I am smiling widely now thinking I may get a dream spot. He comes back and says I can move you to Fort Wildnerness Cabins, my smile fades immediately. I start to back peddle and think on the spot, "With the ages of my kids and the vastness of the layout I don't think that will work for my family because we can not walk around it." He says, "we are also placing people at Old Key West". I cut him off and say "that 2BR villa would very kind and that would be great." He says, "Well as I am looking your occupancy would fit perfect into a 1 bed room villa at Old Key West that sleeps 5." He continues to tell me about the room and the sleeping arrangements. My mind is firing on all cylinders trying to figure out how to win this mental battle. "But with the infant and needing a pack and play it would just be tighter than you think", while internally thinking I was originally putting 2 adults 3 kids and 1 infant in a 5th Bed CBR room and hoping he doesn't make that connection. "That 2 BR Villa would be great any chance at that since you mentioned it before," I say. He replies, "well we normally do not upgrade people that significantly so I will have to ask someone else if it is ok." I am thinking according to the internet and the upgrade my DisBoard pals have gotten that definitely not true but did not say it to him. He puts me on hold for about 5 minutes and I am totally cursing myself and freaking out at this point. He come back and says, "I am unable to get a hold of someone who can do this". My heart starts to drop, "but the system appears to let me do it on my own so since it is just one night I am going to put it through." I tell him that is very kind and thank him for his time. He is sending me a confirmation with the price set for what I was paying for at CBR. I am so happy! My story worked out with a happy ending and it is finally over. OR IS IT?!?!

I go into my email about 3:50p and notice I have two confirmations emails from Disney and I am just dumbstruck at this time knowing this can not be good. I open the one sent at 3:12p and it is exactly what we talked about for the price I was expecting. I am not confident the second email sent at 3:42p will be happy and I was right! I opened it up and it now has me quoted at $772.04. I immediately call Disney back and wonder how long this may take me while I am having a panic attack wondering what will happen. After about 10 minutes I was able to talk to a CM. The new CM had no idea why the rate changed and fixed it.

A HAPPY ENDING, and my kids think all things Disney is cancelled so this will be a nice surprise to them and get them a brief Disney experience.

Originally:
June 23-24
Caribbean Beach Resort
5th Sleeper Waterview Room

Now:
June 23-24
Saratoga Springs
2 Bedroom Villa

was this a pro-active move on your part or did they tell you YC would not be open yet? Was there a price difference?

we are booked mid August, but if SAB is closed still, will need to change resorts or cancel completely.

This was a proactive move on my part since we're less than a month out and there was no information about non DVC resorts opening before the parks. No price difference but with SAB closed doesn't seem worth it.

So I gave them about 28 hours for the supervisor to call me as they said would happen before reached out to them. The email said this had to be done before June 12 so I am only waiting for them to call me so long my timeline apparently does not match theirs. I got right through to the resort line like all ways went through the normal questions and told them my story. The CM said she would have to transfer me to the special guest services group. I said do you know how long the wait is because I just got done waiting 2 hours yesterday alone. She said she would check and get back to me, so after about 2 minutes she came back and said I have CM on the line who can help. I am getting all excited thinking this may finally happen. I tell him my situation again that I was told I had to talk to a supervisor because the Saratoga Springs Deluxe studio I was going to be given was no longer available and that my occupancy levels were to big for it anyways. So he mentions he can probably get me into a 2BR Villa at Saratoga Springs. I then open my mouth thinking I could help my situation and say "It does not have to be Saratoga Springs, I was just referring to Saratoga Springs because that is what I was told I was going to be put in." He says, "ok let me look around and see what I can do for you." I am smiling widely now thinking I may get a dream spot. He comes back and says I can move you to Fort Wildnerness Cabins, my smile fades immediately. I start to back peddle and think on the spot, "With the ages of my kids and the vastness of the layout I don't think that will work for my family because we can not walk around it." He says, "we are also placing people at Old Key West". I cut him off and say "that 2BR villa would very kind and that would be great." He says, "Well as I am looking your occupancy would fit perfect into a 1 bed room villa at Old Key West that sleeps 5." He continues to tell me about the room and the sleeping arrangements. My mind is firing on all cylinders trying to figure out how to win this mental battle. "But with the infant and needing a pack and play it would just be tighter than you think", while internally thinking I was originally putting 2 adults 3 kids and 1 infant in a 5th Bed CBR room and hoping he doesn't make that connection. "That 2 BR Villa would be great any chance at that since you mentioned it before," I say. He replies, "well we normally do not upgrade people that significantly so I will have to ask someone else if it is ok." I am thinking according to the internet and the upgrade my DisBoard pals have gotten that definitely not true but did not say it to him. He puts me on hold for about 5 minutes and I am totally cursing myself and freaking out at this point. He come back and says, "I am unable to get a hold of someone who can do this". My heart starts to drop, "but the system appears to let me do it on my own so since it is just one night I am going to put it through." I tell him that is very kind and thank him for his time. He is sending me a confirmation with the price set for what I was paying for at CBR. I am so happy! My story worked out with a happy ending and it is finally over. OR IS IT?!?!

I go into my email about 3:50p and notice I have two confirmations emails from Disney and I am just dumbstruck at this time knowing this can not be good. I open the one sent at 3:12p and it is exactly what we talked about for the price I was expecting. I am not confident the second email sent at 3:42p will be happy and I was right! I opened it up and it now has me quoted at $772.04. I immediately call Disney back and wonder how long this may take me while I am having a panic attack wondering what will happen. After about 10 minutes I was able to talk to a CM. The new CM had no idea why the rate changed and fixed it.

A HAPPY ENDING, and my kids think all things Disney is cancelled so this will be a nice surprise to them and get them a brief Disney experience.

Originally:
June 23-24
Caribbean Beach Resort

Now:
June 23-24
Saratoga Springs
2 Bedroom Villa
Awe nice job on getting those CM,s to do what you want 😁

Thank you! That was one of my main worries would be moving to the same resort. My other main curiosity would be if they could consolidate two linked value rooms like you or I have into a single suite or cabin, so long as the occupancy limits were still met. I guess we will have to wait and see!

We are 6 so the FW cabins would technically fit us but currently, our two dinky value rooms have two bathrooms and 4 queen beds so the FW cabins are a downgrade and one I won’t accept. I’m not sure if they will combine into a villa or not. We’d need at least a 2br.

and please no one take offense cause I called ASMo ‘dinky’. It’s said in affection. We love that resort!!!

We are 6 so the FW cabins would technically fit us but currently, our two dinky value rooms have two bathrooms and 4 queen beds so the FW cabins are a downgrade and one I won’t accept. I’m not sure if they will combine into a villa or not. We’d need at least a 2br.

and please no one take offense cause I called ASMo ‘dinky’. It’s said in affection. We love that resort!!!

Have you stayed in the BLT studio? That term fits those too! Lol

And the refurbed Value Rooms are DEFINITELY several STEPS UP from the originals!

To me it is hard to still call a Hotel room with a 55 INCH TV a "Value room"!lol :)
It's been several years since I stayed in the ASMo so I havent seen the refurb but they are tiny, especially with 4 of us.

We are 5 but feel exactly the same way about the beds and 2 bathrooms. And totally agree about loving the resort!

anyone with Polynesian resort sees what they are getting DVC side? still waiting for a follow up from my TA.

It's been several years since I stayed in the ASMo so I havent seen the refurb but they are tiny, especially with 4 of us.
The refurb is very nice! They are done the same as Pop's refurb (if you've seen that). Obviously, the room size is no larger but we only end up with 3 per room so it's perfect.

Originally:
June 23-24
Caribbean Beach Resort

Now:
June 23-24
Saratoga Springs
2 Bedroom Villa
I was having heart palpitations and getting sweaty reading your story. You got an awesome upgrade, but man you had to work for it! 😅

We have reservations for Pop with the free dining offer for Aug 9-15 since we had to reschedule from April. I have received no email yet. Has anyone who has August reservations received an email about changing resorts yet? I'm concerned since I don't want to miss the June 12 deadline, but not sure if it pertains only to June and July reservations and not August reservations.

TIA

We have reservations for Pop with the free dining offer for Aug 9-15 since we had to reschedule from April. I have received no email yet. Has anyone who has August reservations received an email about changing resorts yet? I'm concerned since I don't want to miss the June 12 deadline, but not sure if it pertains only to June and July reservations and not August reservations.

TIA
Right now they are only working reservations June 22 to July 4. Hopefully we hear something soon about later July and August dates.

TIA
I believe the June 12th deadline is for the people who booked reservations before July 4th. My trip is July 7th and I called and they can’t do anything to my reservation yet.

That makes sense. I'll wait until I hear from Disney.

Thanks!

Just an FYI as part of my call today, I asked also about my July 4-July 5 Yacht Club reservation and the CM said I was right at the edge of what they were dealing with and to kindly wait so they can take care of more immediate reservations first. I am curious how this one will go. I have not received an email about this one like I did regarding my CBR reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter