Resort Change by Disney

We have reservations for Pop with the free dining offer for Aug 9-15 since we had to reschedule from April. I have received no email yet. Has anyone who has August reservations received an email about changing resorts yet? I'm concerned since I don't want to miss the June 12 deadline, but not sure if it pertains only to June and July reservations and not August reservations.

TIA
Take this with a complete grain of salt, but two people in a Pop Facebook group who called were told that Pop won’t open with the others, and one was told October. As we all know, phone CMs are not a good source for information. But as someone with Aug 12-21 at Pop, I’d love an upgrade!!

There is a post on TP chat that reads,
‘From 2 Sisters Travel Company, "We have been waiting to hear from Disney and just got update all Disney hotels except villas will be CLOSED THRU END OF YEAR.”’

I saw that, but then they took down that post, later someone posted that the agency said they had been told that by their Disney Rep.

There is a post on TP chat that reads,
‘From 2 Sisters Travel Company, "We have been waiting to hear from Disney and just got update all Disney hotels except villas will be CLOSED THRU END OF YEAR.”’
I think I hear the sound of my mid-July vacation going down the drain.

Do they really have such few reservations on the books July-December that they can only keep DVC open?

Dang,. May need to leave the forums for happiness sake. I got Pop in end if August,. and not knowing is a pain. Hopefully these are wrong. Values not available till 2021, just seems odd. If this was true why even offer the recovery package to me. Lol,. Its a mad mad world. Need a vacation from vacation planning and Massachusetts lockdown.

I think I hear the sound of my mid-July vacation going down the drain.

Do they really have such few reservations on the books July-December that they can only keep DVC open?
And my October stay. Actually I have just booked 2 weeks at UOR as a back up. They seem to have a decent spread of APH rates available. U.K. WDW Travel Co is also not taking any reservations until 1 Jan 2021, so maybe there is some truth in it. 🤔

I think they might have misheard what the rep said. My guess is the Disney rep told the the only resorts that will open are those connected to DVC Villas.
That would make a lot of sense. Maybe the travel agents misunderstood based on Disney only allowing DVC as the option for rebooking to a future date those initially booked June 22-July 5.

I think we’re going to learn a lot once the next wave of post July 4th check-ins come through, and we see what options there are for confirming or modifying. If the deluxes attached to DVC reopen in July (even if not all), we’re good. If not, well, you want to get crazy, we’ll get crazy!

I think they might have misheard what the rep said. My guess is the Disney rep told them the only resorts that will open are those connected to DVC Villas.
I thought TA were only allowed a certain number of rooms in each resort, just like they only allow “x” number of rooms for special offers. Maybe the DVC Villas is all they are offering travel agencies to book at this time. I could be way, way, wrong, just a thought.

I am losing hope for our August booking. I just don't understand why they would take the time to modify both of my packages and give the 35% off if they were not going to open any regular resorts at all. I really wanted to give my sweet boy his graduation vacation. He told me two years ago that he didn't want a party for graduation, but he would love it it we could save for a Disney trip.

I am losing hope for our August booking. I just don't understand why they would take the time to modify both of my packages and give the 35% off if they were not going to open any regular resorts at all. I really wanted to give my sweet boy his graduation vacation. He told me two years ago that he didn't want a party for graduation, but he would love it it we could save for a Disney trip.
I’m sure that Disney is planning to move people at no cost if you don’t modify your dates and accept whatever resort they offer you. That’s already occurring for people with regular booking. I consider this a possible good news for my August trip if it’s true (which we don’t know), I’m booked at Pop and would get to experience Deluxe which I would never otherwise shell out for.

We had July 1st to 8th at POR. We wanted to change the dates to July 22 to 29 when the parks are open.
We would have to PAY THE DIFFERENCE FOR A CABIN OR A DELUXE! We have to pay almost double! Cannot do. Sadly, we will be forced to cancel.
There is neither rhyme nor reason to any of this! Sighing in frustration for everybody impacted. 😔

Thanks for caring, figmentfinesse and Welsh Dragon!

This trip meant a LOT to my daughter and me. We can only go in the summer because my daughter is a teacher. This trip this year was supposed to be my reward for never complaining about radiation In March and April.

I think Walt would never have allowed this to happen!

I agree.
My only area of concern, and I'll deal with it if it happens, is that if my hotel isn't open when my trip comes along, the resort they move us to might be problematic for our son. He uses a pediatric wheelchair, but it's small enough that we don't need a HA room, so we don't book it to save it for others that need it. But some resorts are more HA than others - OKW is notoriously not, with only 2 buildings that have elevators. SSR is very spread out, as is OKW. One of the things we take into consideration when we book is distance to main building, pools, and covered or indoor walkways.
Since I don't have a HA booking, I'm not exactly in a place where I know it's going to be handled.
I just wish they'd be more open about the process. I swear I think it's designed to get people to cancel so they don't have to do it.
I hope if need be that you get moved to a resort with great accessibility. We like Bay Lake, Contemporary and Poly when we have strollers, wheelchairs and ECV’s in our group and MK is our plan. Boardwalk is great too for Epcot plus they have multiple pool options with accessibility chairs.

Wow... all hotels except DVC closed through the end of the year is quite a wild rumor... but personally, if that’s truly the case and we are upgraded for free from ASMo in October, that will work for me!

We rented DVC points at AKL Jambo and BWV for our November trip... as long as I don’t lose my shirt on that trip, I’m good. I don’t care if they have to move us from Jambo to Kidani if Jambo DVC ends up being closed.

Honestly, this whole thing fascinates me just from a pure logistics planning perspective... it’s such a huge operation with incredibly high customer expectations... no matter what they do, many people will be dissatisfied. Their brand will be damaged, but I don’t think it will be enough to hurt them permanently. I feel for the people who were planning their first trips and have all of this turmoil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter