Resort Change by Disney

Yes, I get it. You can also chat with a CM on the reservation website. I've asked a couple of times there if my dates are being modified yet. That keeps me off of the phone waiting for the answer. I'm hoping the next phase of modifications happens this week. I'm going a little crazy here. :P

I tried the online chat when I tried to call (this was 6/6) to see if there was a way to cancel online. There wasn’t, but they offered to put my name in a queue to get a call back. Then they checked again and said they could only do that for reservations through 7/4, and that I should try again this week now that we’re officially a month from the trip.

I’ve been working, so I haven’t had a chance to try again, but I guess I’ll give it another shot.

Are the 2 Bedroom villas at Saratoga Springs sprinkled throughout the property or in their own section?

Does anyone know how many are true 2 Bedroom Villas as opposed to the studio/1 Bedroom combos?

Are the 2 Bedroom villas at Saratoga Springs sprinkled throughout the property or in their own section?

Does anyone know how many are true 2 Bedroom Villas as opposed to the studio/1 Bedroom combos?
I would like to know also where different room types are. Some DVC resorts have maps of the room locations. Maybe I will search for one.

If anyone has had experience with Disney initiating a resort change, I would appreciate your thoughts. Yesterday it was mentioned that some of the resorts would not open. If my resort was not going to open, is it possible that Disney would just move me to another resort of their choosing, or do you think I would have some kind of choice?
Welcome to Saratoga Springs-the Happiest-Crappiest place on property outside of Hollywood and Vine.

There are 220 dedicated 2BR villas in standard locations at SSR and another 140 dedicated 2BR villas in preferred locations.

Thanks! I did check on the site, and there’s no option to cancel, just a phone number to call. There’s also an update that our Magic Band Order is being fulfilled, so not looking forward to those showing up for a trip we can’t take and hiding them from my nephews, who are disappointed enough.

I guess I’ll give it another try on the phone. I just figured we’d hear something once the opening dates were announced, and they haven’t even gotten to us yet. Definitely frustrating.
Sorry, the website did not work for you, but sending best wishes to you and your family the best in the upcoming months and good luck getting a CM on the phone that can help process your cancelation. It is so sad to have to cancel a Disney trip -- I missed a special trip in May. It was a difficult week knowing that my mom and I were supposed to be having fun at the most magical place on Earth.

Our trip isn't until late August, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had an accessible room booked and has been moved to another resort?
We are booked at All Star and have an accessible room. I have read through most of this thread and I'm worried that we could be one that gets cancelled since we don't have a regular room booked.
The accessible rooms are hard enough to book when things are "normal" so I can only imagine the limited rooms that will be available if all the resorts aren't open.
I know I have time and they aren't even to August yet, but I'm just wondering what the experience for others has been. TIA

Has anyone who has booked their original reservation through a travel website (Orbitz, Hotwire, AAA) had any luck modifying their reservation? If so, please share your experience! Thanks!!

I have been trying all week to make things work. Our dates were July 1st to 8th at POR. We were interested in switching the dates to July 22nd to 29th so that we could be there when the parks are open.

POR would have cost $1,900 less than the cabin they offered us. We cannot do the cash increase.

Others have been upgraded, but no one will help us. We are Passholders (from PA) who assumed Disney really cared about people.
Sadly, there is no Magic at Disney for us.

I have been trying all week to make things work. Our dates were July 1st to 8th at POR. We were interested in switching the dates to July 22nd to 29th so that we could be there when the parks are open.

POR would have cost $1,900 less than the cabin they offered us. We cannot do the cash increase.

Others have been upgraded, but no one will help us. We are Passholders (from PA) who assumed Disney really cared about people.

I have a very similar situation but I haven't heard of anyone being moved from non-park-open-dates to park-open-dates without having to pay the hefty room increase $. Mine went up almost $900 for a four night stay. I'm with you... I can't do the cash increase.

It's because you are changing your dates. If you switch dates, you are forced to pay the change in resort cost. In many cases, that means going from having booked on some kind of discount at maybe a value or mod to rack rate at a dvc or FW cabins. If you keep your dates, Disney will move you to an open resort at no change in cost (the upgrade others are getting).

I have a very similar situation but I haven't heard of anyone being moved from non-park-open-dates to park-open-dates without having to pay the hefty room increase $. Mine went up almost $900 for a four night stay. I'm with you... I can't do the cash increase.
This is correct. All who are receiving free upgrades are going when the parks are not open (June 22-July 4). We have no idea how Disney plans to handle anything after July 4th but currently, anyone switching their resort dates to when the parks are open, are having to pay the change in resort costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter