Resort Change by Disney

I called as soon as I left work at 7pm central, was on hold for 49 minutes before I got a cast member. Of course, no more guest services tonight. I work 7am-7pm so I don't know when I can logistically make it work to call them. My husband has no clue about any of this, but I guess I can make him call tomorrow. I'm going to give it a go once more tomorrow at 6am.

I called at 8:15 after an hour she could not (and said other cm’s) get through to the system. Finally told me to call tomorrow.

I got through 3 times today and no one could give me a room for my dates 7/16-19.

So frustrated but have to say they all were very friendly and sympathetic.
I'm sorry. It is frustrating. I was surprised by the lack of availability on day 1. When I spoke to the first CM (before he transferred me to GS), he said there was plenty of availability at BWV, Poly Villa, Jambo and CR but after 5.5 more hours on hold, I guess not.

Based solely on what I've read on this thread and others, you'll (likely) be offered POP at no additional cost. This is purely speculative. I'm holding now (4.5hrs and counting for GS) for my September reservation with the same discount at POR. I'm guessing (again, based on this and other posts) that I'll be offered CBR or a WL lodge cabin. I don't have any interest in CBR and while the WL cabin looks nice, I live in the woods in MN so it's basically like leaving home to stay at home. I'm not going to argue and just hope for the best so we can still enjoy the vacation.
Perhaps you'll be offered Pop Century, if there are available rooms.

However, Disney's announced plans do not include opening any of the All Stars prior to October 14. That's more than 5,000 rooms. Even if reservations had plummeted to record-lows, it's doubtful that all of these All Star Guests will fit in Pop Century (opening July 10) and Art of Animation (August 12).

It's a business decision. With limited theme park capacity, Disney has to maximize margin. This means keeping the All Stars closed and encouraging Guests to book more expensive hotels. Do you want to visit Walt Disney World and experience low crowds? If so, then get a reservation at one of Disney's more expensive hotels.

It appears Disney is trying to be reasonably fair about this. They are opening two Value Resorts. But since daily theme park attendance will be capped, Disney needs to take steps to maximize margins.

I suspect there will be those with All Star reservations who are going to be disappointed.

I'm going to make one more run at it tomorrow after a day lost and nothing resolved. My 7/17reservation is held by UT. At this point, I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to put a square peg into a round hole. If I can't get my POFQ reservation moved and my 9 day park hopper tickets adjusted, I'm out. I'm so sad. I have been a life long Disney cheerleader, but like previous posters, I'm so frustrated. I am also concerned with where the virus may be heading, so maybe it is time for me get off the coronacoaster.

After a 6 hour hold on the GS segment of the call alone they just answered and said that unfortunately the system was broken and I would have to call again tomorrow. They expect the ticket issue with a single day of park pass only to be fixed tonight or by morning.

I give up. 14 hours of trying to find out what they'll do with my resort stay in 26 days, and I still don't have an answer. I want to cry. Longest hold was over 7 hours, Guest Services finally answered only to disconnect me soon after. This is ridiculous
I feel your pain and frustration. I'm supposed to arrive in 18 days and I'm still on hold. I'm exhausted, and all I've done is wait on hold all day, but the uncertainty is tiring. I'm so frustrated that there wasn't any sort of way to give priority access to those who have arrivals within the next 30 days.

My TA still hasn't gotten through, and I'm pretty sure my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

6.5 hours later and I finally got through...only to find out the system is down and they can't make any changes. HA!

Well, I guess it's time to break into the wine!

(note they took my number and said they will be calling back when it comes back online...we'll see!)

I’ve tapped out for the day. I hope everyone that can’t get through tonight has better luck tomorrow!

I feel your pain and frustration. I'm supposed to arrive in 18 days and I'm still on hold. I'm exhausted, and all I've done is wait on hold all day, but the uncertainty is tiring. I'm so frustrated that there wasn't any sort of way to give priority access to those who have arrivals within the next 30 days.
I agree. They could have handled July and August today and September and October tomorrow. Then open it up to all the world. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter