Resort Change by Disney

5 hours 2 min. Hope someone will take my number. Not sure but if another group gets access to park reservations tomorrow it will likely be bad then too

So if I am reading this right. I cannot call if I am booked with a TA? Or can I and see if they will change anything? Seems weird if I wanted to take the time to call for my own reservation that they couldn’t do anything. This is one of the few scenarios I would feel better with control talking to the person on the other line rather then having someone else call for me.

Do you guys know what happens to park reservations if you end up cancelling your resort reservation? I’m booked at CBR right now, but with all of the craziness with people being on hold for 5+ hours, I’m thinking of booking at the Waldorf Astoria (which happens to be cheaper for my dates). But I don’t want to lose my park reservations. Would waiting to cancel until they open for ticket holders be the better choice?

I just got off the phone after a 6 hour and 20 minute wait. He took my number and said he would start looking for me as soon as the system came back up and call me back tomorrow. I have a 14 night CBR stay the 13-27 of July and he asked me if I preferred the cabins or contemporary and I said contemporary for sure. So we will see what happens when he calls back tomorrow!

Anyone had any luck in the past hour at all??? I'm 5 hours on hold for GS. Not holding a lot hope for the next few minutes.

After 6 hours and 15 minutes I finally talked to someone. They took my name and number and said they would call be back tomorrow afternoon when the system is working again. I plan on trying to call in the morning since I work tomorrow and will probably miss the call if they call in the afternoon.

Eight minutes to the first rep, then six hours, 15 minutes to the second. The music cut off and there was silence for a good 45 seconds before the person began speaking, so I can see how some people might think they've been cut off. Like others have reported, the woman was very friendly, but there was nothing she could do. She was uncertain that things would be straightened out by tomorrow so suggested calling back either tomorrow or the next day. Despite this, I think I'll try my luck in the morning.

So those w/ 35% are your new packages did you actually get it?
Since it's a package they said they couldn't separate the prices from me. They said I was getting the 35% off. We had to move our dates b/c all of the parks would not be open w/ our original reservation. I don't have anyway to figure out the ticket prices of the new dates. I can figure out the room rate and what it should be w/ the 35% off. So I did that for the 3 resorts we had gotten quotes for b/c 2 seemed high. I did realize that maybe the park tickets were more than what I thought. So I figured out the cost of the resort based on rack rate, 35% off and add the tax in and multiplied by the number of nights. I took that and subtracted it from the total we were given. I should have gotten the same ticket price for all 3 quotes. 2 are close enough that I figured I could have been a dollar or so off on the rate and not including the change and the difference for the weekends. But one was much lower. So, am I getting 35% off one resort and not the other 2? OR Am I getting 35% off 2 and more off the other? We already made our choice b/c we had to right then. Ticket price for 6 day hoppers (said removing the hoppers was causing problems so they said they had to stop doing it and that would be done later.) arriving on a Tuesday (even though we aren't going to the parks until Wednesday) 4 Disney adults: $2326, $2314 and $2077.
Any ideas?

Eight minutes to the first rep, then six hours, 15 minutes to the second. The music cut off and there was silence for a good 45 seconds before the person began speaking, so I can see how some people might think they've been cut off. Like others have reported, the woman was very friendly, but there was nothing she could do. She was uncertain that things would be straightened out by tomorrow so suggested calling back either tomorrow or the next day. Despite this, I think I'll try my luck in the morning.
So she didn't take your number? Seems like some GS reps are taking numbers to call you back tomorrow. Still on hold here and gonna wait to see what they tell me. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust for everyone!!!

6 hours, 33 minute hold for GS. Very helpful CM: removed park hopper and refunded the difference, combined a split stay and moved us from BWI Garden View ( July 30-Aug 10) to Kidani Village, 1 bedroom villa. Had the 35 percent recovery.. no additional cost.

I'm so sorry for those of you who have upcoming stays and were on hold for so long today without resolutions :(. I just dealt with the park reservation fiasco this morning for 2.5 hours so I can't imagine being on hold for hotels...the best of luck to all of you in the coming days!

I do have a question for your opinions- I have a package booked for 11/27-12/9 at POFQ. Obviously nothing was mentioned about when/if it'll open. The resort opening calendar only goes through 10/14...so if you were in my shoes would you wait it out 'til the stay got closer or would you inquire about changing the resort now? I'm a bit hesitant to call now since it's still so far out, but if I called, I'd likely want to do it before new reservations could be booked "later this summer". Also worried about paying any upgrades should Pop or AoA or CS gets booked. Any opinions are appreciated :).

How long does it take MDE to show resort change? It’s not showing online or in App
Mine showed almost instantly. I had one change around 10 am and another around 3pm. They did tell me sometimes it updated quickly and sometimes it took 24 hours. So try not to worry.

6 hours 1 min and told to call back tomorrow She refused to take my name and number

agent told me flat out they were not prepared today in any area and more agents were called in for tomorrow, all day, so shouldn’t have to wait 6 hours to be told system went down 2 hours earlier

I just got off the phone after a 5 hour, 40 minute wait to be told he can't do anything because the systems are down. When I told him if he could at least tell me what my options might be instead of POR in September, he said CBR or Coronado; obviously, that isn't correct since Coronado isn't even opening until late October. He didn't offer to take my number or anything, so I'll try again tomorrow. Good luck everybody!

Mine showed almost instantly. I had one change around 10 am and another around 3pm. They did tell me sometimes it updated quickly and sometimes it took 24 hours. So try not to worry.
Ok thanks. I’m praying it shows up by tomorrow morning. Just has me a little worried after 9+ hours on the phone. Change was made 3 hours ago and still did not see it on any device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter