• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Seeing a lot of people move from Port Orleans to deluxe resorts at times when Caribbean beach is going to be open.... almost makes me want to call back to get my CB room upgraded 🤔

I told them specifically that I do not want to stay at CBR. I do not find it to be and "equal" resort. They charge more for POFQ, the size of CBR is just too big, and for me, I do not want to have the potential of using the skyliner. If you are not happy, call back.

So I have to call and be moved? I have CBR starting on 7/26. I already have tickets and got park reservations yesterday. Some of the blogs I follow say just sit on it and Disney will move you with no additional charge. Some of the blogs say if you don’t move they will cancel you 7 days before your trip. Are you all being moved with no additional charge? Sorry I only went so far back in the comments, but that is what I gather.
Yes, you have to call. Here is the information straight from Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Honestly, direct bookings aren't being treated very well right now. It's just not a good situation and very un-Disney like behavior all around.
None of us are being treated fairly, but some are being treated less fairly than others. At least direct bookings can be moved right now if they get through. I'm expected to sit around until they feel like getting to me - by which time there may not be a lot of inventory left.

So I have to call and be moved? I have CBR starting on 7/26. I already have tickets and got park reservations yesterday. Some of the blogs I follow say just sit on it and Disney will move you with no additional charge. Some of the blogs say if you don’t move they will cancel you 7 days before your trip. Are you all being moved with no additional charge? Sorry I only went so far back in the comments, but that is what I gather.
I've heard conflicting things about what will happen if you do nothing. My res is for Aug. 4 and I had yet to receive any email notification or anything from Disney saying I had to take any action right now (I know it says that on the site but you'd think they send an email), but I went ahead and gave it a shot (used the "secret number" and got through in all of 2 mins so it was a breeze for me). I was told on the phone that if you are keeping your same date, you get "price protection" so you don't have to pay more, but you also don't have a lot of options as to where you get moved. Sort of a crap shoot.

Here's my experience, in case it might help someone else: My reservation was from July 5-16 at CBR, with a former free dining offer booked back in January. After trying for weeks to modify it, and being told I couldn't at that time, I tried calling yesterday and today, getting only busy signals. Out of the blue, I got a call from Guest Services! They finally contacted me today, and I was able to move dates to November at CBR, with the 35% hotel discount since they removed the dining plan. Had I kept my original dates, they would have moved us to a Beach Club studio, but with no main pool open, and no parks for most of the trip, we decided to push it back.

At the cusp of hour 5(got first person waiting for GS for 2 hours), I’ve lost my soundtrack and am keeping my eye on that green you’re still connected on my phone like a hawk

Got bumped from GDT to CBR. Hard to not feel like it’s a downgrade. Oh well such is life. Someone get me excited about CBR!

I know, they started playing Soarin music and I got verklempt. I didn't realize how much I miss it and just love being there.
Spoke too soon. Lost hold music at the one hour mark. Oh well, at least I got Grim Grinning Ghosts in the rotation...

Here's my experience, in case it might help someone else: My reservation was from July 5-16 at CBR, with a former free dining offer booked back in January. After trying for weeks to modify it, and being told I couldn't at that time, I tried calling yesterday and today, getting only busy signals. Out of the blue, I got a call from Guest Services! They finally contacted me today, and I was able to move dates to November at CBR, with the 35% hotel discount since they removed the dining plan. Had I kept my original dates, they would have moved us to a Beach Club studio, but with no main pool open, and no parks for most of the trip, we decided to push it back.

On hold; have a CBR reservation for July 15-19 and it won't be open. Seeing where I get moved to as I'm sticking with my dates (and have park reservations).

I've heard conflicting things about what will happen if you do nothing. My res is for Aug. 4 and I had yet to receive any email notification or anything from Disney saying I had to take any action right now (I know it says that on the site but you'd think they send an email), but I went ahead and gave it a shot (used the "secret number" and got through in all of 2 mins so it was a breeze for me). I was told on the phone that if you are keeping your same date, you get "price protection" so you don't have to pay more, but you also don't have a lot of options as to where you get moved. Sort of a crap shoot.
I hate that so much. I definitely can't change my dates so hopefully I get the price protection. If they want to move me to the Contemporary I won't complain, but if they downgrade me to Pop I won't be happy.

On hold; have a CBR reservation for July 15-19 and it won't be open. Seeing where I get moved to as I'm sticking with my dates (and have park reservations).

My sister is there the same time period with a CBR reservation. She was moved to Fort Wilderness Cabins as it seems the Mod to Deluxe transfers to Contemporary are full. Just to give you some expectations.

This was almost my exact scenario yesterday. General reservations offered me Pop century with a partial refund for price difference. I asked to speak to guest services because i told them I did not want to go to pop and wanted to see what else options were.

Guest services moved me to Contemporary with no additional charge.

Disney should have opened a moderate resort the same time that the parks open...anyone between 7/12 and 7/29 with reservations have the right to ask to be bumped to a deluxe with no additional charge.

Good luck!!

So after thinking about it, I don’t think I am happy with two moves to CBR. Mostly bc it went from Coronado WATER bite to CBR standard view and POR WOODS view to a standard view, and I don’t think THAT is comparable. So I just be a glutton for punishment because I am trying to go through all the channels AGAIN for another wait....

I hate that so much. I definitely can't change my dates so hopefully I get the price protection. If they want to move me to the Contemporary I won't complain, but if they downgrade me to Pop I won't be happy.
What really irked me is the lack of communication from Disney. My sis is a TA so I knew about all of this already, but I have yet to receive any email or official direct notif from Disney that my reservation might be affected and what I should do. My guess is I would have gotten something eventually but also it seems like availability is getting slimmer by the minute, so by that point who knows what the options would have been.

I was moved from ASMo to Pop at no additional charge for Sept visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter