• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

FINALLY!!!! Short version: 4 hours yesterday to get park reservations, 6 hours on hold last night to be told the system is down at 11:30 pm, 3 hours of redial this morning, 4 hours on hold (5277 line), decided to use my 82 year old mom's dinosaur IPHONE 5 to simultaneously try the "Magic Line" and after about 200 redials finally got through. The magic line was answered 3 minutes in by annoyed employee BUT she did move my reservation, so I forgive her. (Hung up original 5277 call after this)
July23-26 POR to Wilderness Cabins
Good Luck to all of you. I feel your PAIN. KEEP TRYING THE MAGIC NUMBER.

They initially offered me the downgrade to Pop. I just told them we wanted something at least equal to POR as we booked this for an anniversary trip. She then told me no other mod's were open at that time. I politely asked if it was possible to be moved to one of the deluxe resorts or villas under price protection. I had to push a little, but she did it. As long as you give a little push back, you'll be able to get at least an equal resort, not a downgrade.
Thanks for the info. We were at AS movies in May, but with covid we moved our trip to October then we found out my husband is being deployed in October so I had to move it again. We normally stay in value, but I opted for an upgrade to a CBR Pirate room so it would be a special pre deployment trip for our boys with their dad. Hopefully they consider that and also with everything being such a stripped down experience already. I've been on hold for an hour now so perhaps I'll have sometime to report back some time soon.

6h 36m yesterday GS picked up and to;d me systems are down you will have to call back tomorrow. So today so far 4h 53m and and still waiting for GS........

But I’m in the guest services line...shouldn’t the people calling GS be in the GS line?
Yes but you're routed into a queued system... The people dialing in direct are skipping that line. Kind of like a zipper merge. All the CM lines are pouring into a single GS line, those calling the direct line are ahead of the zipper merge.

How?! I’ve been on hold since 8 AM and have been waiting for GS since noon! I have no idea how these systems are working

I just got lucky! But this is not a back line to anything -- it's published on Disney's Help Center page:
Disney Resort Hotel Reservations
(407) 939-1936

Took most of this morning (total time, including redial attempts and hold time, about 4 hours) but have successfully moved my August 13-16 YC GV to a BWV std 1 bdrm. Same dates, price protection (had the Sun & Fun discount) so relatively happy with the outcome. Initial offer was a BCV studio, but since SAB is closed and studios only have a queen bed I politely hinted I’d be willing to go somewhere else. Did express the desire for walkability to some parks, so think that’s why they were sticking with BCV and BWV as starting points.
Interesting...I was at YC GV 8/14-8/16. Yesterday guest services told me he looked in the same resort area (Epcot resorts) and there was nothing available....I was moved to CR.

In total it took 4 hours but was just moved from Coronado Grand Destino Tower Standard view to Rivera deluxe studio for August at no additional charge. At first they wanted to move me to Caribbean beach and i said it was not an acceptable change being that I was booked at the tower which is more of a deluxe feel. Then they came back and said Riviera Tower Studio and i said Riviera sounds great but a tiny room and pull down bed once again felt like a downgrade. Finally she said Riveria Deluxe studio and i accepted. Was worth the 4 hour wait i guess but i still feel like disney could be handling this better.

Totally see you on CBR. Regarding the Riviera, to be fair to the CM, the Tower Studio is approximately $200 more per night at rack rate than GDT, even though your point about the room size is totally valid and I can't see anyone actually booking that room unless they are using points. I just think there are probably limits on how much leeway CMs have to make changes and it's probably tied to rack rate differences. Based on reports from here, it appears that front-line CMs are only authorized to do so much and it's only a smaller group of people at the GS level that have the flexibility that a lot of people expect.

Interesting...I was at YC GV 8/14-8/16. Yesterday guest services told me he looked in the same resort area (Epcot resorts) and there was nothing available....I was moved to CR.
Someone might have given something up and made it available. For a little while anyway the “change” ability worked on MDE for certain resort stays. We modified a Poly stay online for Dec which would have freed it up for someone else.

POFQ originally. Only being offered re-booking for cabins Fort Wilderness or preferred rooms at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. Looking for something quieter and with good dining options. Any recommendations?? Ugh help...this is all so difficult!

I'm sure availability is fluid since they are also receiving cancellations. You may could keep trying since you have 7 weeks or so still.

DONE!!! Over 2 hours on hold, the rep picks up and can't hear me-I am so done with this! Sorry for the rant, but come on Disney, give us a break!! She say's I can't hear you please call back, ok what's another 3 hours on hold! So fed up right now-

I still haven't gotten a callback from last night. I know he said 5 at the latest but now I'm getting so nervous seeing all of the inventory disappearing. I'm going to call in an hour if I don't hear to make sure I'm in the Queue before 5pm if I don't hear back. Has anyone else that was told they'd receive a call back gotten one?!

I don't want to have to do this again, but I'm losing hope that my call will be answered before I have to go to my appointment. 5:45 on silent hold. No human contact. Is this normal? Am I just going crazy? Maybe a little.

So has it been determined they are not charging people to move still if they keep the same dates? I have WL booked on 7/27 and my TA has been trying for two days to get through to get us moved to an open resort. I just am trying to figure out what to have her ask for...

Not sure. Maybe they were only looking at the hotels and not at DVC? I would have been fine with a move to CR or Poly, but they didn’t offer that. Guess it depends on which CM you get, what they start out looking for.

Guys, I think my phone is playing tricks on me. Been calling non-stop for hours, and just now instead of going straight to busy it was silence for about 30 seconds, just enough time to get my hopes up that someone was picking up.....

Until it went right back to that BEEP BEEP BEEP! 🤦‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter