• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Got through to a CM. Was told they had just received an email with a matrix of where to move people. We are booked at POR in Sep. Was told she can only move us to CBR with price protection. Not big fans of CBR so after Trying to push it with no success, asked to Be transferred to GS. will update again later.

I called GS twice today trying to switch from CBR after being moved there from POR on a call yesterday- both GS people today told me they could not move me to a deluxe resort. Let us know what happens!!!!! I really think it depends on who you get so if they move you to a deluxe, I'll definitely be on the phone later tonight LOL

I called the 7277 number and on the 6th redial I got in. After a 2 hour hold a CM came on and checked to see if she could move us, but said there were no available options and I would have to hold for GS. She assured me that she would be holding with me and would periodically check in to make sure the call didn’t drop, but the hold time would be 2.5+ hours. After 50 minutes she came back and told me she had an idea and would try to place us somewhere. Her idea must have worked because she was abled to get us in and confirmed for the Contemporary. I’m pretty pumped because I’ve never stayed there. Fingers crossed for everyone and I hope you all get the same CM as I did. She was amazing and very pleasant.

I called the 7277 number and on the 6th redial I got in. After a 2 hour hold a CM came on and checked to see if she could move us, but said there were no available options and I would have to hold for GS. She assured me that she would be holding with me and would periodically check in to make sure the call didn’t drop, but the hold time would be 2.5+ hours. After 50 minutes she came back and told me she had an idea and would try to place us somewhere. Her idea must have worked because she was abled to get us in and confirmed for the Contemporary. I’m pretty pumped because I’ve never stayed there. Fingers crossed for everyone and I hope you all get the same CM as I did. She was amazing and very pleasant.

We really like the Contemporary. It is the first resort that my hubby and I stayed at. It might not be as "themed", but the rooms are a good size and you can't beat being able to walk to MK.

Why the heck do they have all of these "guest service" reps answering the phone when they can't actually help anyone? Does this seem a bit nuts to anyone?
They’re first line of defense in case people are calling to make changes that aren’t available yet, have generic question, just want to vent/moan. Guest services then helps those who are eligible for modifications now.

Hello thank you for posting the " magic number" earlier...I redialed 488 times but once it went through the call was answered immediately! I was moved from all star sports to art of animation price protected ( August 30th - September 5th)
Are you in the little mermaid rooms or a family suite? Just curious. Thanks!

I just received a call from Disney. I hadn’t been successful in getting through to them. My dates are 7/6-7/15 WL. Was offered Copper Creek 1 Bdr villa. I had FD from my original reservation. I asked about booking for next year and applying the 35%. She said that she didn’t think the discount could be applied to next year but things are always changing. Leaning toward canceling and hoping to book for next summer, if they will apply the 35%. . Fingers crossed!

I just received a call from Disney. I hadn’t been successful in getting through to them. My dates are 7/6-7/15 WL. Was offered Copper Creek 1 Bdr villa. I had FD from my original reservation. I asked about booking for next year and applying the 35%. She said that she didn’t think the discount could be applied to next year but things are always changing. Leaning toward canceling and hoping to book for next summer, if they will apply the 35%. . Fingers crossed!
We pressed pretty hard about the 35% discount and were told the same thing. Disappointing.

Anyone had any luck with getting a move and calling back for another option?
I took the option of moving from CBR to a Cabin at FTW this morning but I'm just not loving the option. I know I should be thankful that I got something for no extra charge but I'm just not loving the resort (we've stayed there before).

I had about 1.5 hour wait. Spoke with GS and our Sept. 22-29 French Quarter was moved to Caribbean Beach Preferred room. Not too bad, we are happy with it but I would have loved the deluxe bump some people have gotten.

I called GS twice today trying to switch from CBR after being moved there from POR on a call yesterday- both GS people today told me they could not move me to a deluxe resort. Let us know what happens!!!!! I really think it depends on who you get so if they move you to a deluxe, I'll definitely be on the phone later tonight LOL
Will do! Still on hold. CM came back on and said we are just over half way there, which means another hour or so. I don't have a good feeling. Feel like the bumps to a deluxe occurred earlier, and now they seem to have a matrix out, and won't be as generous.

We shall see. I will report back.

Well it took 6 hrs... but we are finally moved July 26 - August 4 from ASMo to Ft Wilderness Cabins, no extra charge. We are very happy with this because we are a family of 5 (1 under 3) and just did ASMo for Toy Story Theme. We also only have 2 park days bc of free dining recovery and we just booked bare minimum to start with (are now stuck with that). We just need to get out of the house so will be happy with pools, waterslide, splash pad for baby and small kitchen. Thanks so much for the support and reports. It helped me hang on through the 10th rotation of music.

Called magic number 115 or so times, got thru and waited like 10 minutes. Just wanted to see what they'd do for me. 7/1-7/14 Offered FW Cabins. I asked a few times if there was anything different, but no. I then asked if I could shrink it inside the window would that change their minds. The only other thing she offered was Pop 7/10-7/14. I kept my original dates, took the Cabins and will call again tomorrow and ask someone else.

The Magic Number, 407-939-7866 that someone mentioned earlier is magic. Got through on the 7th try, on hold for maybe 5 minutes & was speaking with a cast member. Originally at CBR & offered a cabin as the only moderate available but wanted to be more centrally located & fingers crossed that the Sky Liner is open so moved to POP preferred. Did get a refund on the price difference & am just happy to have a room. Going 7/15-20. Good luck everyone!

Keep us updated. I also have a room reservation through UT. There is only a cancel button on my MDE, no option to change. I'm not going until November, so I'm not panicking yet, and ASMo could, theoretically, be open by then. While I worry Pop will be overbooked if they're trying to shoehorn all the AS reservations there, I'm not going to devote hours to a phone wait only to be told they can't do anything.

Someone reported yesterday that UT is waiting to be told by Disney what to do. I know UT does not have "blocks" of rooms the way some exclusive TAs do, but they do (or did) have access to wholesale inventory, which seems to be separate from direct bookings (which I think is why you can sometimes find an available resort/category on a 3rd party site, but not directly through Disney and vice versa). So, is Disney planning to utilize the wholesale inventory to move wholesale bookings, or is everything being thrown back into the same pot? And if Disney is moving us automatically in stages, I wonder if Disney is initiating it or if UT has to be involved in some way.
I have spoken with the wholesale department 3 times, with 2 different answers
1. My ASMU reservation will be canceled
2.hotels.com will need to call to modify .
Today I escalated it and was told that third party reservation are being taken care soon. I will be placed in the same category if possible. I will not be canceled and will likely see the change on ny MDE before hotels.com notifies me .

I just wanted to update.

Nearly 12 hours on hold combined between me and my husband today. I was on hold for 3 hours 35 minutes for guest services when I texted my husband to give the "Magic" number a try. Guest Services finally picked up for me, and said we can't do anything about your reservation as someone is already in it. My husband got Guest Services on the phone in 13 minutes!!! I swear I was emotionally and mentally exhausted. I may have sounded a little hysterical with my Guest Services person because I wanted to be 10000% sure my husband was on with an actual Guest Services member! Hanging up with her practically gave me chest pain. I immediately texted him to call me on another line so I could listen. His GS person was trying to tell him he could either put us in a cabin, or we should wait a week because they were going to start manually changing reservations. I told my husband nooooo, he can fix it now!! :rotfl:I'm so thankful for the guidance of this thread! GS finally put him on hold one last time, came back and said we have Contemporary Garden Wing available.

POR July 14- July 25 to Contemporary. It's been the most miserable two days, thankfully worked out.

Has anyone been given a timeframe for when they will see their price decrease? Ours is reflecting the significantly higher amount. I’m sure it will all work out but I’m an anxious person. I can’t remember how long they said it would take to reflect our previous price before the swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter