Resort Change by Disney

Well, she originally thought we’d get moved into a DVC Resort Monday, and was planning to call for us Monday to find out which one. Then the list came out Sunday, so she was going to call on Monday to see what our options were. Then Monday morning she said she wasn’t going to call about ours just yet since our trip isn’t until December and we’ve got time to see what happens, since anything could. :confused3 No one really knows what the “right” answer is right now, and I certainly don’t fault her logic on waiting.

We do want to stay at POFQ so I don’t necessarily mind waiting to see if it opens, but there are a couple of bucket list deluxe resorts we’d jump at the chance to move to if the rate doesn’t change.
There really isn't a 'right' answer. I agree. None of us know what the heck is going on. You do have time on your side. But if my client wants me to call, I call. I'm actually on hold right now lol!

And we were only offered other moderates and went with CBR-preferred. Our POFQ garden view room was at rack rate - no discounts, so it was close to a lateral move from a cost stand-point based upon what I saw on a reputable site.

We’re also booked in a garden view room with no discounts!

I think this is where having a really excellent TA comes in handy vs a less knowledgeable one. When it comes to those really long holds like we saw yesterday, I think a good TA who is on his or her game would be a sanity saver vs DIY.

The biggest problem is for those of us who booked through third party sites that aren’t really TAs. UT generally has better customer service than someplace like Expedia or Hotels.com, but none of them have the staff to dedicate to fixing this mess of epic proportions.
Exactly, using sites like UT, Expedia, Priceline, etc are considered 'wholesale' bookings vs. TA bookings - though in this instance, they are lumped in as TA bookings.

I've used those sites myself and they can be a real pain to deal with if you have any issues. However, the wholesale CM's are awesome. It doesn't sound like they are able to do much in this situation but in a normal time, they've helped me a ton.

OMG I just realized that 2021 pkgs go on sale tomorrow!!!
WHY are they doing this!!!!
they should be helping those with 2020 reservations for resorts that won’t be open before booking new reservations ...
you already get can’t through on the phone I can’t imagine how hard it will be again tomorrow.
seriously, 3 days on the phone!!!

OMG I just realized that 2021 pkgs go on sale tomorrow!!!
WHY are they doing this!!!!
they should be helping those with 2020 reservations for resorts that won’t be open before booking new reservations ...
you already get can’t through on the phone I can’t imagine how hard it will be again tomorrow.
seriously, 3 days on the phone!!!
Only thing I can think is they need money. I was on for 7 hours today and couldn't get the resolution I'd hoped for. Was on about 2 hours yesterday. There is no need to deal with 2021 reservations other than wanting money in Mickey's little pockets.

Only thing I can think is they need money. I was on for 7 hours today and couldn't get the resolution I'd hoped for. Was on about 2 hours yesterday. There is no need to deal with 2021 reservations other than wanting money in Mickey's little pockets.

I think youre right I just can’t see any other reason and they’ve already got my money ...I have always loved Disney and when they posted to please wait until they had modified their June-July reservations before calling for sept changes...I listened...And now I’ve spent literally 2 entire days on the phone and tomorrow looks the same...I have my finger pushing call button at exactly 7:00 am and get the darn automated questions and hours of holding...while so many others are getting through and getting their reservations changed!!! I just don’t understand how all these other people are getting thru.

Ugh! I called and got connected to fiat person rather quickly. We were holding for guest services, he told me it would be a 2 hour wait. He came back on after an hour just to check in with me. Just came back on after almost 4 hours and said it was going to be another 2.5 hours! I’m ready to fall asleep already so it looks like I’ll be calling back tomorrow. Maybe I’ll try the secret number that I didn’t know about before this call!

And why in the world are they opening 2021 reservations before dealing with all of 2020!?! It’s looking like another long hold day.

October here. Booked trough a TA. Supposed to be in POR. originally booked for last March, moved to May due to closing and got free dining, moved to October due to closing and lost free dining. POR now closed in October. Suspect we’ll be in a dumpster with a parking lot view. Hoping no upcharge.

Ugh! I called and got connected to fiat person rather quickly. We were holding for guest services, he told me it would be a 2 hour wait. He came back on after an hour just to check in with me. Just came back on after almost 4 hours and said it was going to be another 2.5 hours! I’m ready to fall asleep already so it looks like I’ll be calling back tomorrow. Maybe I’ll try the secret number that I didn’t know about before this call!

And why in the world are they opening 2021 reservations before dealing with all of 2020!?! It’s looking like another long hold day.

i tried the secret number...that’s not such a secret anymore...I didn’t get anywhere with that number either!

I was able to switch my CBR reservation to Fort Wilderness, but I was really hoping for something better. I wanted a more hotel feel. Do you think it’s worth calling back tomorrow and trying to see if I can switch? I saw some had success with second modifications above.

i tried the secret number...that’s not such a secret anymore...I didn’t get anywhere with that number either!
I wonder if they will figure out a way to shut the “secret” number down tomorrow. I’ve now seen that number posted on more than one site. So it’s definitely not a secret now.

I was able to switch my CBR reservation to Fort Wilderness, but I was really hoping for something better. I wanted a more hotel feel. Do you think it’s worth calling back tomorrow and trying to see if I can switch? I saw some had success with second modifications above.

Worth a shot if you have the time! I’m pretty sure I saw an All Star upgraded to a Contemporary theme park view so it seems anything is possible if you’re politely persistent 😂

Just got off the phone with GS. I called the number that someone said was their direct number. Took 6 tries to get through and put on hold. Then only waited about 25 minutes before someone came on the line. We had AKL standard room booked for Aug 8-14. The only option available was CR garden wing. She said all the villas were full. I didn't think to ask if this was only at AKL or other resorts as well. She said if I modified the dates, there could be more availability, but there would be a price difference, and probably at rack rate. So I went ahead and booked. I know most probably consider it an upgrade given it's location, but the theming never really appealed to us. She also said that payment was due at 30 days, but she could modify it so it was due at 7 days out instead which I asked her to do. So, tell me CR will be OK!! Although I'll really miss the animals at AKL!

OK I'd like a little advice...we have a party of 6 in a AoA family suite for 7/22 - 29. Already have our park reservations, also have a backup hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs. Would you call and try to get relocated or wait until they contact you? Any clue where we'd be moved considering there's a limited number of rooms that can do 6?

OK I'd like a little advice...we have a party of 6 in a AoA family suite for 7/22 - 29. Already have our park reservations, also have a backup hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs. Would you call and try to get relocated or wait until they contact you? Any clue where we'd be moved considering there's a limited number of rooms that can do 6?

I don’t remember when AoA is supposed to reopen, but with a trip next month, I’d call for sure. They had language on the site that indicated if they don’t hear from you, they’ll auto-cancel your trip 7 days out.

So frustrated I could scream. I'm supposed to be staying at POR 7/18-7/25. By the time I got through last night at 10:00, the CM told me I would need to speak to GS, which was already closed. Called again tonight after work (my cell is my work phone right now so I can't tie it up during the day. ) After finally getting through and then being on hold for 2.5 hours, a lovely CM did all that she could but she said that I would need to speak to Guest Services but that even she can't get through to them. Apparently they shut GS to additional calls around 9:00 EST because of the overflow.

The stumbling block seems to be that there is no where for me to stay on the 18th. She apologetically suggested I call tomorrow morning. Anyone want to take odds on my getting this taken care of before my 8:00 am conference call with my boss?

I even asked about canceling my resort reservation and staying off site, but then I lose my tickets because I bought them with a package. Grrr!

Monday called at opening to see about my mid-December All-Star Music suite reservation. 2hr 30 min wait on hold.
Was told Timothy at GS would call back.
At 11:30am called back to check. After 1hr 30 min wait I was told to wait for that call. :cool:
Timothy never called.
This morning 7 min after lines opened I called and had a 3hr 30 min wait before a very knowledgeable agent said, "Yup. Need to move you. Need to fill out a price protection form for GS. Hmmm, looks like an Art of Animation suite or a Ft Wilderness cabin."
I mentioned that the cabin only had one bathroom, and she said, "Art of Animation, it is. You're in a Lion King suite."

Change appeared in MDE almost immediately. Price did not change, even though the AoA suite was almost $600 more.
#hagunamatata

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter