Resort Change by Disney

Originally booked AKL Oct 29-Nov 3. Called Monday after securing park reservations, and CM was helpful but coy about AKL being closed.

me: I’m calling because my resort is closed for my stay.
him: it’s not closed, the opening date just hasn’t been announced.
me: that sounds closed to me.

That is obviously a paraphrase of the conversation. He basically offered to let me wait it out and see if it opened, or he could check on modifying our reservation. To his credit, we were booked with the military discount, and he was able to book that discount at BC for the same dates. That caused about a $300 increase for our stay, and he offered to transfer me to GS to discuss, but I had already been on hold and had to leave for work. So, I called back today to the 7866 number I had seen in this thread. CM seemed a little put out that I had called that number instead of the regular number, but I politely explained I had already tried that route and since I had been told I had to talk to GS it seemed reasonable to call directly. After looking everything over he said he would adjust back to our original price.

I just called Guest Services and someone picked up right away. I got someone who obviously did not want to help me as I told her my resort was closed for my dates and she told me to call the regular reservation number because as of today they were able to make these changes. I don't believe her and obviously cannot get through to regular reservations. So disappointing.
There were multiple reports yesterday that GS was miffed about people calling that line since it wasn’t to be for public use. Maybe with the forms that were to be filled out by the first cast member and then being sent over people calling was making things a mess on their end so they were told today to stop accepting direct calls. Just a thought 🤷‍♀️

Got through after being on hold for 50 minutes only to be told to call back because circuits were busy:mad:.
I called back, finally got someone to talk to me, but they claimed they couldn't help me move my bounce back offer because there was no availability anywhere. I will be calling back.

I did, but that was yesterday before they implemented the matrix. It might take up a lot of your time, but otherwise it wouldn't hurt to call if there's a valid reason you're not happy with the resort/room-type they put you in.
I was moved from CBR to FW Cabins. I’m alright with the change, but we’re only visiting Epcot and DHS on this trip, so I really wanted a Skyliner resort. FW is really out of the way. I also live in Florida, so I kinda want a resort that doesn’t feel like the state parks we’ve camped in, lol. I’m fine with the cabin itself—it’s bigger than our CBR room. I’m sure part of the reason I’m a little disappointed is because I’ve seen people being moved from POFQ to Contemporary and the like, but I wish I was more insistent on the phone yesterday.

I called back, finally got someone to talk to me, but they claimed they couldn't help me move my bounce back offer because there was no availability anywhere. I will be calling back.
Yeah, they definitely only have a certain amount of rooms allotted for resort changes. The rest they hope to get paying guests to book up. Was this a CM or GS?

I can’t get into queue either. Just a busy signal.
You can try the 800-848-6413. Option 3 is for IT helpdesk and Option 4 is for all other inquiries. It usually always goes through. You may be in queue for 2 hours but it has worked for me the last 2 days. The message even states they are focused on modifications for guests arriving in 2020.

Yeah, they definitely only have a certain amount of rooms allotted for resort changes. The rest they hope to get paying guests to book up. Was this a CM or GS?
This was CM, I should have pressed GS harder. I was told last night I need to speak to GS, but this CM just wouldn't transfer me.

There were multiple reports yesterday that GS was miffed about people calling that line since it wasn’t to be for public use. Maybe with the forms that were to be filled out by the first cast member and then being sent over people calling was making things a mess on their end so they were told today to stop accepting direct calls. Just a thought 🤷‍♀️
Yup that was initially my experience. I got through pretty quick (like less than 1 min) on the "secret" number and the woman I talked to seemed surprised. At first she sounded a tad miffed and was saying "I don't know how people are getting this number all of a sudden!" and even said they might have to "change the number again" so sounds like this has happened before haha. But I cracked a few jokes and put on a sympathetic tone and she eased up real quick, was super nice and very helpful and got me all taken care of. She was saying how bombarded they have been and it was exhausting! I feel for them. Sort of like going to the DMV. They are prepared for conflict so they can be a bit put off at first, but if you show you're a nice, reasonable, understanding person they will get you taken care of.

I was moved from CBR to FW Cabins. I’m alright with the change, but we’re only visiting Epcot and DHS on this trip, so I really wanted a Skyliner resort. FW is really out of the way. I also live in Florida, so I kinda want a resort that doesn’t feel like the state parks we’ve camped in, lol. I’m fine with the cabin itself—it’s bigger than our CBR room. I’m sure part of the reason I’m a little disappointed is because I’ve seen people being moved from POFQ to Contemporary and the like, but I wish I was more insistent on the phone yesterday.
I totally know what you mean. That's how I felt moving from AKL king bed, savannah view to AKL deluxe studio, standard view. I know it's "similar" but to me, seeing a lot of people get bumped from moderate to deluxe just made me think I was taking a downgrade (and it was $300 cheaper). So I called back, explained my situation, that we wanted a view and felt that the studio was a downgrade and not at all equal, and then I got moved to the Poly with a lagoon view.

What are your dates? I'm surprised they didn't offer to put you at POP since both are on the Skyliner, even though it's value and yours is moderate. You never know! They are even offering up Riviera as a bump up option for some people on the Skyliner route. They offered that to me but claimed to only have the shoebox tower studio available. Honestly, I'd call back and insist you need a Skyliner resort and that's why you wanted CBR. I felt that way on Monday when I didn't insist on what I wanted, so I called back yesterday. You just need a lotttt of patience. I was put on hold maybe 5 times as they looked into my situation.

Originally booked AKL Oct 29-Nov 3. Called Monday after securing park reservations, and CM was helpful but coy about AKL being closed.

me: I’m calling because my resort is closed for my stay.
him: it’s not closed, the opening date just hasn’t been announced.
me: that sounds closed to me.

That is obviously a paraphrase of the conversation. He basically offered to let me wait it out and see if it opened, or he could check on modifying our reservation. To his credit, we were booked with the military discount, and he was able to book that discount at BC for the same dates. That caused about a $300 increase for our stay, and he offered to transfer me to GS to discuss, but I had already been on hold and had to leave for work. So, I called back today to the 7866 number I had seen in this thread. CM seemed a little put out that I had called that number instead of the regular number, but I politely explained I had already tried that route and since I had been told I had to talk to GS it seemed reasonable to call directly. After looking everything over he said he would adjust back to our original price.
This is the third time I've heard about Disney being very coy about AKL specifically. No other resort guests staying elsewhere have really been told things like this. I wonder if they know something we don't. There was one person on a Facebook group that said the same thing, and I was initially told this by Wholesale when I was trying to get my UT room moved. Hmm.

Yup that was initially my experience. I got through pretty quick (like less than 1 min) on the "secret" number and the woman I talked to seemed surprised. At first she sounded a tad miffed and was saying "I don't know how people are getting this number all of a sudden!" and even said they might have to "change the number again" so sounds like this has happened before haha. But I cracked a few jokes and put on a sympathetic tone and she eased up real quick, was super nice and very helpful and got me all taken care of. She was saying how bombarded they have been and it was exhausting! I feel for them. Sort of like going to the DMV. They are prepared for conflict so they can be a bit put off at first, but if you show you're a nice, reasonable, understanding person they will get you taken care of.
My CM yesterday was so sweet we were laughing and she apologized for the wait(I took the long route) and I told her I was just happy she chose not to take me off hold when I was slamming the last of my Girl Scout cookies 😆

I totally know what you mean. That's how I felt moving from AKL king bed, savannah view to AKL deluxe studio, standard view. I know it's "similar" but to me, seeing a lot of people get bumped from moderate to deluxe just made me think I was taking a downgrade (and it was $300 cheaper). So I called back, explained my situation, that we wanted a view and felt that the studio was a downgrade and not at all equal, and then I got moved to the Poly with a lagoon view.

What are your dates? I'm surprised they didn't offer to put you at POP since both are on the Skyliner, even though it's value and yours is moderate. You never know! They are even offering up Riviera as a bump up option for some people on the Skyliner route. They offered that to me but claimed to only have the shoebox tower studio available. Honestly, I'd call back and insist you need a Skyliner resort and that's why you wanted CBR. I felt that way on Monday when I didn't insist on what I wanted, so I called back yesterday. You just need a lotttt of patience. I was put on hold maybe 5 times as they looked into my situation.
We are a family of 5 so that’s why I’m thinking they didn’t put us in Pop. I would love Riviera, I might call and say I want somewhere on the skyliner or somewhere with better transportation. But I’m on a little trip right now and I want to call but I don’t want to spend hours on the phone...

After redialing 50 times, got through right away to a CM. She said the hold for GS was 15 minutes. I waited about 50 minutes. The total call was 58 minutes. Not too bad compared to last night. I was on hold for guest services for 4 hours and CM came back on and said it would be another 2.5 hours, so I gave up.

We are a family of 5 so that’s why I’m thinking they didn’t put us in Pop. I would love Riviera, I might call and say I want somewhere on the skyliner or somewhere with better transportation. But I’m on a little trip right now and I want to call but I don’t want to spend hours on the phone...
Ohh gotcha. Pop does have adjoining rooms but I'm not sure if that'd be an option for your family and I know it's not always guaranteed, but usually is. If you're not in a rush, I'd give it a couple of days before calling to have the phone lines go down but I know room availability is tight for resort changes. I'm sure if you explain, they can work with you.

My husband finally got through after many holds and a call dropped from the GS “escalation” line. This CM said she couldn’t offer a no charge change, but could fill out a rate protection form, the cost difference was relatively minor, but hopefully she was correct.

Dates: July 14-18
Original Resort: Beach Club
New Resort: Contemporary Garden Wing

The CM from the GS escalation line was very nice and asked our resort preference so I will always wonder “what if”, but we are excited!

I don't feel bad for Disney having to upgrade people, it is their fault for not opening up all of the resorts. Especially since they are giving the Disney Springs resorts the same priority to the parks as those actually staying on property. Disney should be upgrading people who choose to stay with them instead of an off site hotel. just my opinion

I was wandering if anyone else saw this on their reservation. We originally had POFQ from Sept. 22-29 with DDP. When DDP was cancelled it was removed and credited back to us. Last night I spoke with GS about getting a resort change and they moved us to a Caribbean Beach Preferred room and now on MDE it says we have the Deluxe Dining Plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter