Resort Change by Disney

For those of you with trips planned later in 2020, how are you choosing your park reservations since there are no park hours available yet for stays in say Dec??

For those of you with trips planned later in 2020, how are you choosing your park reservations since there are no park hours available yet for stays in say Dec??

I just booked assuming the current park hours would be in place in December, knowing we could modify our reservations should we need to!

I just booked assuming the current park hours would be in place in December, knowing we could modify our reservations should we need to!
Great. So we can modify our park reservations later (assuming they are not full already) when hours are announced? Or that's what you're assuming for now at least? :)

Great. So we can modify our park reservations later (assuming they are not full already) when hours are announced? Or that's what you're assuming for now at least? :)

You can! You have to cancel your already booked day to book a new day (for example: if you have AK on a Tuesday booked but want to do EPCOT that day instead, you have to first cancel the AK reservation before you can book the EPCOT reservation)

Ability to book the new park does depend on availability of the new park at the time you're trying to book it.

I was told that the park hopper for my July reservation could not be removed if I wanted to receive the 35% off for free dining (booked in January). Was anyone else told this?

I was told that the park hopper for my July reservation could not be removed if I wanted to receive the 35% off for free dining (booked in January). Was anyone else told this?
I didn't have park hoppers associated with the reservation because the recovery free dining deal only required two-day base tickets, but I was told I could not get rid of the tickets or I would lose the 35 percent off.

You can modify reservations by canceling one and rebooking the day, assuming there is an available park to switch to. (You can see that in advance; easy if you have multiple browser tabs open for it.) I did it for our July dates which are looking like we may need to cancel due to Disney only offering FW Cabins as a move from POFQ.

Update: called again the GS directly and got through. This CM said it's based on availability and put me on hold.... so we'll see what happens!

CM said only this available for my dates was cabins... which seems like a lie tbh! Someone I talked to previously said I could switch for CR for 700 more.... said no to that one. I think this is my final attempt- I'm pretty okay with CB as long as skyliner is open

I was able to remove the ParkHopper, but am having difficulty getting rebooked from Port Orleans; only being offered FW Cabins which are not acceptable to me. It's not my fault they closed my resort. They should at least offer a more traditional resort option, which FWC definitely are not.

CM said only this available for my dates was cabins... which seems like a lie tbh! Someone I talked to previously said I could switch for CR for 700 more.... said no to that one. I think this is my final attempt- I'm pretty okay with CB as long as skyliner is open
I read on the rumors board that the skyliner is supposed to be open.

So we check in next Friday for 4th of July weekend...we are all set on hotel, but for the life of me I cannot get online check-in to work....goofy keeps telling me oops, something went wrong...lol ugh!! Also all the lines are busy to reserve hotel restaurants...so this should be interesting. We are traveling with a little one, so we always like to make dining reservations ahead of time.

Yay!!! I called the IT number (800.848.6413) and after just a half hour wait, the CM was able to add my husband to our resort reservation. She even added him to my park days! Whew! Now just waiting for a new resort location.

just tried that number....and whoa...it rang!! Thanks for the heads up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter