Resort Change by Disney

OMG! I called in right at 7 AM and was placed into the queue and heard the Disney music. At about 9:45 AM the music stopped, and there is no busy signal, ring tone, anything, just dead air...Have I been disconnected or do I still hold? Thanks!

OMG! I called in right at 7 AM and was placed into the queue and heard the Disney music. At about 9:45 AM the music stopped, and there is no busy signal, ring tone, anything, just dead air...Have I been disconnected or do I still hold? Thanks!
I have seen people saying that they were still connected after the hold music ran out, so it may be worth hanging on!

When I called in on Monday, I spent over 2 hours with no music and still got put through. It seems to be a glitch when the call volumes are high.

That said, I called just now on the 407-939-7866 number and got through in 5 minutes. So if you have another phone you can call from while still keeping on the line on your original call, try that!

Can confirm! It was silent for me for over an hour on Monday, but someone eventually did pick up (and it quite frankly startled me after such a long silence 😄!)

I have a reservation for 7/8-7/12 at All Star Sports. Received an email that I would be contacted with our Resort Modification but have not heard anything. Already got park passes. I’ve been attempting to get through for days now. Anyone else experience something similar?

We have standard all star music accessible room booked (5 nights)
Standard all star sports booked (9 nights)

I really don’t know if I could stand being on hold again for hours to see what Disney offers or wait and see 🙃

I originally posted on resort/rearranged dates thread & realised it ought to be on here 🙃

What do you guys recommend?
Sit tight or call to see what’s happening?
(I imagine we are off to pop).

It's my understanding that WDW will auto-cancel if you don't reach out. I wouldn't rely on them contacting me. If your trip is next month, I'd be proactive about it now. But if your trip is a few months away, you could probably wait a week or so for the chaos to subside, recognizing that waiting may also reduce your options at the time you do call.

My stay is not till October so i sent them an email, probably will take weeks but I figured July is first my trip is 3.5 months away.
After stitting on hold with my bank for an hour I dont think I can take anymore.

We have standard all star music accessible room booked (5 nights)
Standard all star sports booked (9 nights)

I really don’t know if I could stand being on hold again for hours to see what Disney offers or wait and see 🙃

I originally posted on resort/rearranged dates thread & realised it ought to be on here 🙃

What do you guys recommend?
Sit tight or call to see what’s happening?
(I imagine we are off to pop).
What are your dates? I was given incorrect info by a CM about our early October stay (they said my only option to change would be to pay to upgrade to deluxe). I would be fine with Pop, but I would really rather stay in a Ft. Wilderness RV site now that there's no MNSSHP or Eat to the Beat concerts, and I know those sites are hard to get. That's the only reason I am still trying to call. If your reservation is still a few weeks away and you are ok with Pop, I would just hold tight until call volume dies down and only try to call if you are arriving within 2 weeks.

It's my understanding that WDW will auto-cancel if you don't reach out. I wouldn't rely on them contacting me. If your trip is next month, I'd be proactive about it now. But if your trip is a few months away, you could probably wait a week or so for the chaos to subside, recognizing that waiting may also reduce your options at the time you do call.

Thankyou-sorry I wasn’t clear.
Our bookings are in October.

I have spoken previously to confirm we wished to confirm our bookings.

Then, came along the info all stars is not actually going to be open!

Last edited:
What are your dates? I was given incorrect info by a CM about our early October stay (they said my only option to change would be to pay to upgrade to deluxe). I would be fine with Pop, but I would really rather stay in a Ft. Wilderness RV site now that there's no MNSSHP or Eat to the Beat concerts, and I know those sites are hard to get. That's the only reason I am still trying to call. If your reservation is still a few weeks away and you are ok with Pop, I would just hold tight until call volume dies down and only try to call if you are arriving within 2 weeks.

Sorry; I missed my dates off 😳
We are not due to arrive until late October through mid November.

That’s awful you were misinformed.

We definitely need 2 bathrooms!!🤭

Anybody here have a Travelocity reservation get moved? Or actually spoke with wholesale reservations department at Disney? I'm getting kind of antsy about our AKL CL room not being moved yet and already talked to GS and Travelocity pointing fingers at each other as to who's going to move it. 21 days to check in and no real answer when people 5+ months away are already relocated makes for a frustrating situation.

Anybody here have a Travelocity reservation get moved? Or actually spoke with wholesale reservations department at Disney? I'm getting kind of antsy about our AKL CL room not being moved yet and already talked to GS and Travelocity pointing fingers at each other as to who's going to move it. 21 days to check in and no real answer when people 5+ months away are already relocated makes for a frustrating situation.
I've spoken to Wholesale twice. Wholesale told me that they would be moving guests, but it could happen anytime up to the day of arrival. Crazily enough, the "must confirm within 7 days off arrival" still applies. I booked through UT. I discovered that if I used the reservation number UT showed in my account when I called Disney (which is different than the MDE one - MDE one is alphanumeric, UT one is just numbers) I got sent right to Wholesale. You might try that. At least to confirm you still want to come, so you don't get cancelled.

I've spoken to Wholesale twice. Wholesale told me that they would be moving guests, but it could happen anytime up to the day of arrival. Crazily enough, the "must confirm within 7 days off arrival" still applies. I booked through UT. I discovered that if I used the reservation number UT showed in my account when I called Disney (which is different than the MDE one - MDE one is alphanumeric, UT one is just numbers) I got sent right to Wholesale. You might try that. At least to confirm you still want to come, so you don't get cancelled.
Same experience here.

We received the email ("Action Required Before Returning...") last night for a September stay at CBR and we have to respond by August 8th. Right now we have a converted 35% off from free dining (bounceback) package booked last year. Has anyone been successful in rescheduling to a 2021 package and keeping the 35% off? We would like to change to January 2021.

Which disney phone number did you use? The one listed on the reservation in MDE or another one? I'm up to about 8 different Disney numbers in my list here so I've lost track.

We received the email ("Action Required Before Returning...") last night for a September stay at CBR and we have to respond by August 8th. Right now we have a converted 35% off from free dining (bounceback) package booked last year. Has anyone been successful in rescheduling to a 2021 package and keeping the 35% off? We would like to change to January 2021.

I asked this same question when I got someone on the phone this morning and was told no, the 35% cannot be moved to next year. I cancelled our 2020 trip. Really hoping that option was NOT truly available, lol.

@BrianR
The first time I called (when I got connected right to Wholesale) I used the number listed in MDE. The second time, I called the "magic number" to get directly to guest services, who got in a 3 way call with me and Wholesale. The magic number is : 407-939-7866

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter