Resort Change by Disney

We were booked for a deluxe club room at BWI the week after Thanksgiving. We’ve been switched to a 2 bedroom villa at BC. It’s price protected.
We aren’t sure if we are going but with the low airfares it going be be a hard choice.
I called the reservations # and only had a 7 minute hold.

Has anyone had any luck changing their dates and keeping the price protection for a closed resort?
Last month I was able to keep my 35% off for taking away free dining and kept price protected moved from ASSp to CSR changing my July dates to Nov.

Originally we were at AKL, got moved to Poly. All they offered us at price protection was Riviera bc they said poly & gf villas were sold out for our dates, didn’t feel like Riviera is worth the price we are paying for Poly. Ended up renting dvc points from a friend to get us back to Jambo house and will be cancelling the cash reservation.

We were scheduled to stay standard view at Poly for Labor Day weekend and we have been changed to lake view main tower CR. We booked with a TA.

We were supposed to be at the Poly then too. The CM tried hard to get us to take Bay Lake Tower multiple times, but I wouldn't budge. We stayed at BLT years ago and we just weren't a fan. Finally she got a GS person and they gave me CR tower probably to get me off the phone. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought it was a good move monetarily. Our price protected Poly room was $324 a night, so we'll be getting 50% off our CR room, which is basically unheard of for CR, but neither of us are terribly thrilled. I'm going to check multiple times a day to see if a Poly studio villa pops up.

Originally booked for BC, was moved to Poly, and they just switched us to CR tower yesterday. No price changes. We were really looking forward to Poly, but have never stayed at CR, so it's a nice consolation prize.
Same for us. It will be great to walk to MK, but I really know nothing about CR. Never had any desire to stay there just because we like the Epcot resorts. I was hoping they’d switch us to Riviera.

Travel agent called on my behalf yesterday, as I'm scheduled for BC in November. First call she made, the CM said their only ability now was to switch me to YC. But she couldn't guarantee Stormalong would be open by then even.

So, she called back later and got a different CM who told her I should just wait to switch- I could let it ride perhaps until a month before actually going to have to decide.

Same for us. It will be great to walk to MK, but I really know nothing about CR. Never had any desire to stay there just because we like the Epcot resorts. I was hoping they’d switch us to Riviera.

CR is the first resort that we ever stayed at when we first started going 25 years ago. We stayed there for our first few trips and I really like it. The rooms are a good size, they have plenty of dining options, the gift shops are nice, and you can't beat walking to MK. The only reason we stopped staying there is because of the cost.

Just curious...the day before was it guest services you spoke to? If so, was it a lady? I had no luck with a decent option on Monday on the guest services line with a woman... not sure how many GS ppl. work the phones on a given day, but maybe I'll try again tomorrow hoping to get a different GS agent.
Yes. I called the modification line and because we had been switched out before that line had to transfer us to GS. Yes again GS was a lady who was quite gruff and liked to cut in while I was talking. My gut told me to just walk away and try again but I had been on the phone for 3 hours at that point so I didn’t. Yes trying GS the next day yielded a CM who really cared about getting us the right fit and finding options for us.
Did you try calling GS again?

Yes. I called the modification line and because we had been switched out before that line had to transfer us to GS. Yes again GS was a lady who was quite gruff and liked to cut in while I was talking. My gut told me to just walk away and try again but I had been on the phone for 3 hours at that point so I didn’t. Yes trying GS the next day yielded a CM who really cared about getting us the right fit and finding options for us.
Wow, I had a real stinker of a call experience last night too--CM was just super rude and grouchy the whole time even though I was very cheerful and upbeat and wasn't even talking about the latest changes (I just needed to provide my flight info for Magical Express), never experienced anything like it. I think they are just being pushed wayy behind their patience limits with Disney dropping all these major booking changes and seemingly not giving much if any advance notices to the CMs and they are just getting exhausted and crabby.

CM was just super rude and grouchy the whole time even though I was very cheerful and upbeat and wasn't even talking about the latest changes (I just needed to provide my flight info for Magical Express),....
Sorry that you had a bad experience with the CM. You can call DME directly at (866) 599-0951 or you can use the link below to enter or update your Flight details for US based guests.

https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform
Dave

I called the regular line today and was offered 2 rooms at pop... but she also ssid she thought it was odd because her system would let her book AoA for me (that I'm already booked at and is supposed to be closed.) I passed on the 2 rooms at Pop and decided just to wait a bit and try again in a few weeks. We could def. do 2 rooms at Pop, but we've been there before and we don't love it, plus I've been reading lots of long lines there for food and skyliner so I guess we're just going to hold out for now. I find I really have to talk myself into making that phone call as I know it'll be a pretty long one and it's just luck of the draw as to what kind of cm you're going to get lol.

I have 8 nights booked at AoA in a Cars Suite for October, and called last night to switch. It's me and 3 teenage boys so I explained I needed at least the 3 beds and 2 baths. Was first told the only possibility for that configuration was a 2 BR villa but she couldn't upgrade me to that. I asked about the possibility of 2 regular rooms and was told no because I don't have 2 adults on the res. So I was polite but blunt and said if you want my $6,000, you are going to need to find me a 2 bathroom solution or else I have no choice but to go off site. She put me on hold and came back and said she could do 2 rooms after all because she can make the 17 year old an "adult" and book the second room that way.

But, when she tried that at CBR, they had no availability for 2 rooms during our dates, or anywhere else except CR Garden Wing or Pop. I didn't want either of those (even she admitted Pop is a downgrade and I didn't like the Garden Wing when we stayed there). So then she said she could offer me a 2BR villa, but the only availability they had was SSR. I declined that as well and asked what my options were. She said I can keep the AoA for now and check back because they get lots of cancellations. So now I'm holding out hope for a switch to 2 rooms at CBR since it has the skyliner.

Has anyone had any luck changing their dates and keeping the price protection for a closed resort?

I'm going to find out tomorrow - For our stay begging on 8/22 we've been bounced around from our original Destino Tower Club to Copper Creek to Poly. Would love to keep Poly for a future stay but I doubt it. Will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Originally booked for BC, was moved to Poly, and they just switched us to CR tower yesterday. No price changes. We were really looking forward to Poly, but have never stayed at CR, so it's a nice consolation prize.
Through a TA? I know one of the agencies had BC booked & everyone got moved to Poly but now Poly will be closed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter