Resort Change During Trip In September

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are a couple of weeks from closing on our DVC contract and then we will proceed to plan our first trip for September. Our home resort is Poly, so we will want to stay there for five or six nights. We then want to move to Animal Kingdom and stay in a two-bedroom savanna view for a couple of nights. Are we likely to find a two-bedroom savanna view available at the seven month mark? I'm just trying to have a strategy ready for when we can book our vacation.

Last edited:
Since you know you want to split stay, book it that way to start.

Book the nights you actually want to stay at Poly as one reservation and then book the nights you want to change to AKV in its own.

This way, at 7 months, you can modify it online.

I think the 2 bedroom should be doable as September isn’t that busy until you get to the end but usually AKV is one of the easier ones.

Thank you! That helps and makes me feel better. Since this will be our first DVC reservation, I plan to call them to help me book everything. We can’t wait!

Thank you! That helps and makes me feel better. Since this will be our first DVC reservation, I plan to call them to help me book everything. We can’t wait!
Honestly, I'd recommend doing it yourself. Booking the split so you can modify later is not a trick the current crop of MS always knows, and they're as likely to do it wrong as correctly.

You'll especially want to do the 7 month booking on your own. Calling MS puts you an hour behind online booking and makes it harder to get the unit you want.

Honestly, I'd recommend doing it yourself. Booking the split so you can modify later is not a trick the current crop of MS always knows, and they're as likely to do it wrong as correctly.

You'll especially want to do the 7 month booking on your own. Calling MS puts you an hour behind online booking and makes it harder to get the unit you want.
Thank you for that advice! Should I book my home resort for the entire stay and then modify the last couple of days to Animal Kingdom, or do I only book the six nights at Poly and then wait until the seven month mark to book Animal Kingdom for the two nights? I’m not sure how it works and I know we want to do an eight night stay in total.

Thank you for that advice! Should I book my home resort for the entire stay and then modify the last couple of days to Animal Kingdom, or do I only book the six nights at Poly and then wait until the seven month mark to book Animal Kingdom for the two nights? I’m not sure how it works and I know we want to do an eight night stay in total.
Never mind this question. Just saw Sandisw already answered this. Thanks Sandisw!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter