Resort Character Meals?

Dulcee

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide on a resort character breakfast for our nonpark day. Would love Topolino's but I've already accepted that is unlikely with a group of 10 and being off property. Trattoria al Forno would have been my first choice but I'm not holding my breath on them bringing characters back there anytime soon.

Any recent thoughts on Chef Mickeys vs Cape May Cafe vs Ohana? We've been going for years but haven't done breakfast at any of these.

Do you have a character preference? Ohana you are only getting Lilo and Stitch. Chef Mickey you get Mickey with rest of fab five. Cape May is Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy I believe.

We do 'Ohana breakfast every trip.

It's deelish, we think, and especially good at accommodating DH's pepper allergy and my need for gluten-free/dairy-free.

Was a bummer in '21 with no characters, which usually involved a Stitch meet outside the restaurant with Lilo, Pluto and Mickey coming to tables. Always great fun.

POG juice RULZ!

My family and I did Cape May Cafe breakfast on New Year's day and it was the worst meal of our entire trip. We know not to expect fantastic food at character dining buffets but even for buffet standards it wasn't that great. The eggs were SUPER watery. The Salted Caramel "Beach Bun" bread was really gross. We overheard the table next to us say that it was disgusting too so it wasn't just us.

The characters are Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie. We saw Donald and Daisy twice, Minnie once and Goofy completely skipped our table. We are all adults who didn't mind but for families with little kids it would be really frustrating to see Goofy skip over your table. We didn't make a big deal out of it and just shrugged it off.

My family and I did Cape May Cafe breakfast on New Year's day and it was the worst meal of our entire trip. We know not to expect fantastic food at character dining buffets but even for buffet standards it wasn't that great. The eggs were SUPER watery. The Salted Caramel "Beach Bun" bread was really gross. We overheard the table next to us say that it was disgusting too so it wasn't just us.

The characters are Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie. We saw Donald and Daisy twice, Minnie once and Goofy completely skipped our table. We are all adults who didn't mind but for families with little kids it would be really frustrating to see Goofy skip over your table. We didn't make a big deal out of it and just shrugged it off.

O no.... we are excited to try Cape May Breakfast. Seen a few videos and it seemed good. Hopefully just a bad experience day

The characters are Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie. We saw Donald and Daisy twice, Minnie once and Goofy completely skipped our table. We are all adults who didn't mind but for families with little kids it would be really frustrating to see Goofy skip over your table. We didn't make a big deal out of it and just shrugged it

Trying to decide on a resort character breakfast for our nonpark day. Would love Topolino's but I've already accepted that is unlikely with a group of 10 and being off property. Trattoria al Forno would have been my first choice but I'm not holding my breath on them bringing characters back there anytime soon.

Any recent thoughts on Chef Mickeys vs Cape May Cafe vs Ohana? We've been going for years but haven't done breakfast at any of these.
I'd skip the characters and just do Trattoria al Forno for the food.... which is terrific.

Chef Mickey's... has Mickey, so that would be my choice.

I'd skip the characters and just do Trattoria al Forno for the food.... which is terrific.

Chef Mickey's... has Mickey, so that would be my choice.
My husband is pulling hard for Trattoria al Forno. Attempting to bribe the kids by promising Skyliner rides on our off day instead of characters lol

That's a shame! I've done Cape May several times and always loved it. The only time the characters didn't come to my table was when I was solo, and didn't want them, so I looked down when they came by. After the first time by, I got a little braver, so they'd give a little wave or blow me a kiss. On my next solo visit, I was lots braver, so they came to my table. Goofy was MIA that day, Stitch was there, so I teased him about making Goofy ill so that Stitch could visit Cape May. And I thought the food was great! Maybe it's gone way downhill.

That's a shame! I've done Cape May several times and always loved it. The only time the characters didn't come to my table was when I was solo, and didn't want them, so I looked down when they came by. After the first time by, I got a little braver, so they'd give a little wave or blow me a kiss. On my next solo visit, I was lots braver, so they came to my table. Goofy was MIA that day, Stitch was there, so I teased him about making Goofy ill so that Stitch could visit Cape May. And I thought the food was great! Maybe it's gone way downhill.
It was so weird too because Goofy went to every table....except ours. There were other groups without kids so it wasn't because we were all adults. It was a little annoying but the restaurant was so busy that we didn't want to make a fuss with the waiters. In May my sister, friend and I did Boma breakfast and the food there was better than Cape May. Even the "standard" breakfast items like eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. were better at Boma. We only went to Cape May since it was right at our resort but going forward we won't go back. Wasn't really worth the cost.

Ravello at the 4 Seasons could be an option. I've never been, but just throwing that out there as a possibility. Might be less hassle to get a res, and better food. Getting there would be a mild inconvenience, probably nothing Uber couldn't help with. I think their Character Breakfast is only certain days of the week, so that would have to match up, too.

O no.... we are excited to try Cape May Breakfast. Seen a few videos and it seemed good. Hopefully just a bad experience day
We were there on Christmas Eve. It was by far the worst meal of the trip. We used to love the food here but not this time. My freshly prepared omelette was delicious but mostly everything else was thumbs down. The characters were amazing! I was telling our server that Goofy played tic tac toe with my son in 2010. Well, when Goofy came to our table.... he had a piece of paper and played tic tac toe with my now 20 yr old! It was such a magical moment!

I personally do not care for Cape May.

Oh wow. Interested to hear about cape may. I was considering it for our July trip, but may just try for Topolino’s again instead

We've never been tempted to book Cape May because every time we've gone past it headed elsewhere it's smelled of old oil and fish.

Not an enticing aroma.

I had a tracker for Topolino breakfast for 2 for multiple dates in June, and nothing ever popped up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter