Resort Chick-in

CosmicHank

Earning My Ears
We arrived for our stay at the Riviera before noon and then travel to EPCOT for lunch and refreshments. We walked around waiting for our room to be ready until 3:30 and then returned to the Riviera. Still no room. A very nice young lady at the front desk explained that if you’re in a park, you don’t need a room and put low on the room assessment list. IS THIS TRUE

Not sure if it's true or not, but it sort of reminds me of my mechanic. If I take a loaner car, my car is lower on the priority list, because I have a car with me. If I don't take a loaner or I'm waiting in the shop, I'm higher on the list because I don't have a car.

We arrived for our stay at the Riviera before noon and then travel to EPCOT for lunch and refreshments. We walked around waiting for our room to be ready until 3:30 and then returned to the Riviera. Still no room. A very nice young lady at the front desk explained that if you’re in a park, you don’t need a room and put low on the room assessment list. IS THIS TRUE
I don’t think so. We’ve waited in the BWV lobby for hours and still no room!

Did you do online checkin ahead of arrival and put in your estimated arrival time? Or just wait until you got there and checked in at the front desk? We’ve had good results lately, getting our room-ready text right around or even before the time I entered as estimated arrival when doing online checkin.

How do they know that you're in the park unless you tell them? Or is this really a case of "Disney knows all now that we have Magic Bands"? I thought that was a joke, that Disney couldn't really track our every move, as some people say. Now I'm wondering-can they?

I find it almost impossible to believe that they know you're in the park and put a lower priority on your room. That makes no sense. Seems like housekeeping puts together a priority on the rooms they need to prepare for new guests, and cleans them in order as quickly as they can. Can't see them looking at a list and saying 'oh, look, these people are at EPCOT right now, so we'll skip over their room until later.....' I expect the OPs room just wasn't ever going to be ready until later in the day, which is always a possibility.

Come on its Disney IT, no chance the park system and resort reservation is connected in a way they know that your in the park or where you are on property

I don’t believe this because last trip we were at Hollywood studios and they called us to say we could get into a room now (about 1 pm) if we didn’t want to wait for our request, which was a higher floor. They specifically said they saw our arrival time that we listed on the reservation and knew we had arrived on property in the morning.

It's true to some degree, like the system can assign you a room when you get "on campus." That has happened to me in all of my recent trips from MCO in the afternoon/evening, even pretty late when it could have been assigned much earlier. To me, that suggests there were a bunch of VGF deluxe studios and they just put me in one when I showed up near Disney. (I rarely put in room requests.) Thanks MDE!

Disney definitely knows when you get to Disney property, heck MDE sends you those push messages, and they assign based on that. But it's not like the computer is going to do the reverse and allocate housekeeping because you're in the AKL pool and not AK, or make a 2BR ready when there isn't one. Let's not get crazy here. The computer doesn't care about you. And DVC doesn't care, plenty of rooms ready a whole lot later than 3:30.

Last edited:
I don’t think this is true but when we arrive at any resort, we go to the front desk, tell them we are there and ask If anything is ready and if not, to please note we would like one as soon as possible,

I just don’t trust getting the text without talking to someone first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter