• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Resort Dilemma

aurora19

<font color=FF66CC>The Tag Fairy apologizes sincer
This is for my second trip in 6 months - since the weather was so bad on our trip last December, we promised our boys that we would go back quicker than usual.

We will be stopping by the world for only 2 days before heading to my inlaws for Feb vacation (only 1 full day for the parks - the other day is a rest/travel day). We are planning to spend the day at MK and catch Epcot for the evening festivities. But which deluxe resort should we stay in? I want Poly (I've wanted to stay there since I was a kid), DH wants BC (for the pool and walking distance to Epcot), Boys want WL (mostly for the bunk beds ;) ) What should we do???

Thanks, Kim

The Polynesian would be the most convenient overall, since you could monorail to both MK & Epcot.

I agree with Brian.

Another advantage of the Poly for your boys would be that the daybed is large and comfortable. One could have that and the other a queen bed to himself.:p

I agree with both Brian and BCV!

All are wonderful alternatives, however, the Polynesian's location for a short trip with the ages of your children would be my choice.

BCV's point on the day bed is exactly what my DD's do!

Enjoy!:bounce:

I also would choose the Poly. It may be too cold to swim, and the WL is somewhat inconvenient, transportation-wise.

I agree with everyone else, I would stay at the Poly, since it is a short trip and you want to do the MK in the day and Epcot at night. Plus the pool may be to cool. Enjoy.:bounce:

Another vote for the Polynesian here, especially if you grew up wanting to stay there and have not yet had the chance.

Yippee!!!!

Thanks everyone - now I have the ammo to stay where I want to! (and great reasons why the Poly will work best for us)

Now...which longhouse?

If you choose lagoon view I would opt for Tahiti (or Hawaii if you go concierge). For garden view Tokelau is midway between GCH and TTC. We're usually in Rapa Nuie because it has accessible rooms and if you're on the north side it's wonderful.

It's hard to go wrong choosing a longhouse, and you may not get your request. But nevertheless I recommend you go to Tikiman's site (http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/) and spend several weeks agonizing over the minute details and nuances of the longhouses.

My personal favorite when not doing concierge is Niue: small, intimate, best location, and where DW and I stayed during our first WDW trip (it was called Bora-Bora then!). Note that Tahiti may be the concierge longhouse during your stay, depending on the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter