Resort drop off question

monica9

DIS Veteran
Will an Uber be able to drop us off at beach club if we aren’t staying there nor have a restaurant reservation?
Will they get through the front gate?

We want to rope drop ratatouille and find this is our only hope because our little one can’t run through the park and we just can’t see spending another $100 to get on rides with genie plus. I’m just so annoyed with the way Disney vacations are these days.

I’d recommend drop off at Swan/Dolphin or at DHS. If the walk is too far (it is for us, especially from DHS), take the Friendship Boat from either one or the Skyliner from DHS.

Keep in mind that the Skyliner requires you transfer to the Epcot line at CBR, and if you’re trying to get there for rope drop you’ll be in a long but continuously moving line with guests from CBR, Pop and AoA trying to get to rope drop just like you are. At other times of day, that’s not an issue, and we’d probably take the Skyliner for fun.

From DHS, the boat stops at Swan/Dolphin, Yacht & Beach, and Boardwalk before it gets to Epcot.

I do not recommend drop off at the gas station across from Boardwalk, especially with a child. You have to cross Epcot Resorts Blvd., and there’s no sidewalk and no crosswalk. Then you need to walk past the convention center to get to the stairway down to the Boardwalk itself. Swan/Dolphin is safer, not to mention probably a shorter walk.

Will an Uber be able to drop us off at beach club if we aren’t staying there nor have a restaurant reservation?
Will they get through the front gate?

We want to rope drop ratatouille and find this is our only hope because our little one can’t run through the park and we just can’t see spending another $100 to get on rides with genie plus. I’m just so annoyed with the way Disney vacations are these days.
I would say no, because there is no way to know ahead of time whether this would be permitted.

I would say no, because there is no way to know ahead of time whether this would be permitted.
THIS ^

And if you try and they say no (which they should) you have wasted time.

OP figure out another drop point with a way to get there you are comfortable with. Then gauge the time you will need.

I think this is at least the 3rd time this week this questions has been asked. Kind of points out exactly why the resorts have cracked down on this, there’d be a steady stream of ride shares going thru the BC entrance if they didn’t. I can imagine the traffic! Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth all the trouble. We were at YC a few weeks ago. When we were heading in for rope drop one morning, the crowd from the front entrance was actually right there, merging with the IG crowd. Plus, the IG was renovated to accommodate the people entering from the Epcot resorts & resorts serviced by the Skyliner. Not everyone who wants to start their day at Remy.

I think this is at least the 3rd time this week this questions has been asked. Kind of points out exactly why the resorts have cracked down on this, there’d be a steady stream of ride shares going thru the BC entrance if they didn’t. I can imagine the traffic! Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth all the trouble.
I think the smart play if entering the from the front of the park is to rope drop Frozen instead of trying to find some way into IG for Remy. Keep the morning simple and both rides have long lines later so it’s not like you save time doing Remy first 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter