"Resort for a Day" - Hilton Rose Hall, Jamaica

Husker Mike

DIS Veteran
In planning activities for our 7 nigh western Caribbean cruise next summer, I came across a day pass for the Hilton Rose Hall "Resort for a Day" as an option. Disney offers a day pass to the Royalton (seems to be a lesser resort at a much higher cost) and Discovery Bay (unclear what's included besides beach, pool and lunch). Have plenty of good experiences with Hilton properties, so the question is depending on "Resort for a Day" to package it all together without issues.

Anybody have any experience with Resort for a Day? Are there other excursion companies or transportation vendors to consider? A beach day seems to be what we're looking for at our Falmouth stop at this point.

We did a Resort Pass at San Juan at then end of our cruise. It worked out great. It was expensive as we got a day room which was good since the weather was not great. The hotel knew what was included in the Resort Pass package and all went well. I'd use them again. They also have other options for just the pool, pool with cabana, etc.

I've also used one that caters to cruise ship port of calls - Resort for the Day. We used it on Antigua. Resort for the Day was OK but for the money and the travel costs, it would have been better to stay on the ship and use the uncrowded pools. We got a massage with the package but we didn't know about it until we got there. It was difficult to schedule it. The included food was just OK. Locals coming to the beach trying to sell you stuff ruined the relaxing atmosphere.

Last edited:
In planning activities for our 7 nigh western Caribbean cruise next summer, I came across a day pass for the Hilton Rose Hall "Resort for a Day" as an option. Disney offers a day pass to the Royalton (seems to be a lesser resort at a much higher cost) and Discovery Bay (unclear what's included besides beach, pool and lunch). Have plenty of good experiences with Hilton properties, so the question is depending on "Resort for a Day" to package it all together without issues.

Anybody have any experience with Resort for a Day? Are there other excursion companies or transportation vendors to consider? A beach day seems to be what we're looking for at our Falmouth stop at this point.
We did the Hilton Rose Hall, but quite a few years ago. Maybe 2019-ish? But that could be wrong. But anyway, it was right when they opened/re-opened so they were going above and beyond to get their name out there with a great reputation, and we had the best time!! We still remember this Resort for a Day and consider it one of our favorite memories! (We like to do Day Passes so I think we have enough experience to say that confidently.) That said, it was a while ago and I cannot speak to how it is currently, but when we did it it was phenomenal. We had a cabana with dedicated staff, they took us out for snorkeling for free - really went above and beyond, but I looked at it recently just to see how it was going and if it was still open and I’m not sure they are going quite as above and beyond now that they are established, but that’s only my assumption from the website so YMMV.

As far as Resort for a Day goes, the biggest thing for us was that we wanted to make sure (especially for the Falmouth port because safety concerns) was that they came inside the gated off area to pick us up and drop us off and that they had a guarantee to get us back on time - which they did. They had a dedicated van for us.

And before anyone wants to rip me a new one because you have nothing better to do, yes I realize this could vary and blah blah blah. I’m just saying this was our experience.

Hope this helps and that you find something that works best for you! Happy cruising!

I had considered the Hilton Rose Hall ten years ago for a Jamaica vacation, so I know it's been around a few years. And yes, the transportation aspect of this is key for me. I checked resortpass.com and while they have some resorts further away from Falmouth in Montego Bay, they don't provide transportation, and that opens up a whole other set up things to worry about.

And it's good to know that you had a good experience with Resort for a Day...it's an older experience, but it's at least one positive reference.

Please let us know if you decided to do the day pass for the Hilton as I am traveling in 9 months and would like to do the same.

Discovery Bay DCL Excursion (FA75)

“Swim, lay in the sun, relax by the pool and delight in the fun amenities available at Discovery Bay.

On this adventure you will…

• Board your air-conditioned transportation and travel 30 minutes along the scenic coastline to Discovery Bay, where you'll find a crystal clear beach.
  • Get the lay of the land and receive a brief orientation of the amenities available.
  • Enjoy a relaxing day at this beautiful beach paradise. Take in the panoramic ocean views and warm breezes of the Caribbean Sea. Lounge on the beach or by the pool—the day is yours to do as you please.
  • Fuel up with a delicious, included Caribbean lunch.
  • Conclude your day at the beach and travel back to the pier.
  • Guests visiting the inflatable water park need to be at least 5 years of age and be able to swim comfortably in open water. Sections of the inflatable water park may not be available for continuous maintenance.
  • Alcoholic beverages are only sold to Guests ages 21 and older.
  • Beach chairs are included at no additional cost.”
Looks like transportation, beach, pool, and lunch.

This video from Spring Break 2023 of Excursion FA75 shows “Puerto Seco Beach” on the loungers.

Look for Puerto Seco Beach Park on Google Maps to see the beach and pool in the video.
IMG_7377.jpeg

I’ve seen Resort for a Day on the internet for years. Just now, I went to Cruise Critic to see any comments/ reviews. All but one person had positive reviews of the company. Several specifically mentioned Jamaica.

The Rose Hall Hilton package would make me reconsider my opinion of Jamaica. I have been there once and did not venture past the port gates.

Having swimming pools, a lazy river and a beach with non-motorized water sports included sounds appealing.

And transportation included is the clincher.

• Round trip transfers from the cruise port of Falmouth or Montego Bay
  • Full access to the Hilton's magnificent private beach & pools
  • Water Park with tube slide and lazy river
  • Unlimited lunch, snacks and unlimited beverages
  • Beach & pool lounge chairs and towels
  • Poolside concierge service
  • Non-motorized water sports: windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, volleyball, aerobics, and tennis
  • Daily activity program
  • A limited number of COMPLIMENTARY lockers are available to Resort For a Day guests!

Please let us know if you decided to do the day pass for the Hilton as I am traveling in 9 months and would like to do the same.
Our cruise is still a couple of months months away, and while we haven't booked this yet, I think we're about 99% sure we're going to. I contacted Resort for a Day and they confirmed they pick up inside the secured port area, so we don't have to worry about getting hassled out on the street. That was really our only concern at this point. It's much cheaper than the comparable Disney excursion (which doesn't have as many options), as Resort for a Day charges my teens as children whereas DCL charges a much higher adult price for everyone. (I think it's about half the cost.) The Hilton is about a 20 minute bus ride away, and we're supposed to return two hours before departure, so even that seem fairly safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter