>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Will shipt/target leave at bell services? We are happy to pay the fee to have it brought to our room.

thanks!!

Yes, during our trip December 2020 our order was left with bell service. The other times we used Shipt/Target we were present at delivery.

Yes, during our trip December 2020 our order was left with bell service. The other times we used Shipt/Target we were present at delivery.
Did you have to be there for shipt/target? Or had you not been present could they have left it?

Did you have to be there for shipt/target? Or had you not been present could they have left it?
I was not present for the December 2020 trip, shopper was familiar with procedure at Disney and left the order with bell services. We just happen to be at the resort for the other times.
Shipt/Target will leave order with bell services, request shopper to write your last name and date of arrival on bags. If something requires refrigeration, Bell services can take care of it until you arrive

We arrive late into MCO - like an 11:45pm landing. It's nice to know that Disney will store perishables - but will they store overnight? I'm looking at doing Amazon Fresh/Prime Now with no liquor. Would it be better to have delivery be their last possible time or first in the morning the next day (even though I know we will have an early start)? If we do the same as our arrival day, is bell services open 24/7?

Just got back and used both Walmart and Amazon Fresh (with a 2 hour delivery window, they delivered at 11pm, I had ordered at 8:30pm).

First off, bell services took in both orders no questions asked. The Walmart order had 3 large packs of waters for us, those were the only items not in a tied shut bag. The Amazon Fresh order was all in paper bags with a fold and taped shut.

I had intended to meet the driver for Walmart figuring bell services would not take it (Jambo), and I was at the door early, but only saw people coming and going. The valet asked who I was waiting for and when I said "Walmart delivery" he pointed to a woman rushing back to the parking lot with a collapsible red wagon. (She snuck by me! LOL)

✅ I liked Walmart for having the bulk of the items we usually eat at home, plus I was able to add in some utensils from the housewares department (the studios only come with plastic) and a new skillet for $18 to make pancakes on.

✅Between the two I preferred Amazon fresh, the delivery fee isn't there if you're prime, only the tip, and you meet the minimum and there's nothing better than being able to order 2 hours before getting it.

I'll be using both services again, in the same order as above. Walmart for stocking the kitchen, then Amazon Fresh for the little forgotten items and things I didn't order enough of several days later. (Note our trips tend to be about 10+ days, so it makes sense)

Last edited:
I attempted to use Amazon Fresh for our trip this past week. Our order was cancelled with the ‘no one to accept the order’ as a reason code. However, when we tracked the driver while waiting for him, we could see he was on the road outside of SSR. When we tried to use the ‘contact driver’ option, it went straight to voicemail. After getting in touch with customer service, they were unable to help us because the driver spoke Spanish and they didn’t have any agents to communicate with him.
Oh yeah, this was after we waited for our 8pm-10pm delivery window - while watching that window creep into the 10:25 delivery time window, By the time it became apparent that there would be no groceries, it was approximately 11:30pm and our family was set to be up for a 7:30 get started time the next day. 😢

Weighing our options for groceries, we decided to modify our order, omit the beer so we didn’t need to be there, and we gave Amazon Fresh a second chance. Off to the Magic Kingdom we went after breakfast at the hotel.

And guess what? SAME THING HAPPENED! 😡😳. This time I escalated my complaint to where I at least have an ‘investigation ticket’.

Basically in the course of two days, over $300 worth of groceries went unaccounted for.

My son and daughter-in-law ended up Uber-ing to Publix for our groceries. Overall, I highly recommend against Amazon Fresh. I am so angry with myself for not sticking with Garden Grocer.

Ok, so I put in an order for our upcoming trip, arriving 11/6. The instacart for Publix would only let me order out to October 30. I don’t remember that from before. Hmmm….🤔. I will try it again next week.

Ok, so I put in an order for our upcoming trip, arriving 11/6. The instacart for Publix would only let me order out to October 30. I don’t remember that from before. Hmmm….🤔. I will try it again next week.
I ordered through Instacart from Publix twice during my trip. I just did it when I got to my resorts (I did a split stay). Each time, I had my order delivered within two hours.

Amazon fresh to the grand floridian with an 8pm to 10pm delivery window, they delivered exactly at 8pm. Grand floridian charged a $25 parking fee to my account for the driver to park and deliver...I got it reversed but I'm sure many have not. Take this into consideration when ordering, they might not reverse it for others, I don't know.

Amazon fresh to the grand floridian with an 8pm to 10pm delivery window, they delivered exactly at 8pm. Grand floridian charged a $25 parking fee to my account for the driver to park and deliver...I got it reversed but I'm sure many have not. Take this into consideration when ordering, they might not reverse it for others, I don't know.
Wow! Did he deliver to your room? LOL I'd assume this is just drop off at Bell Services...
That's crazy though - that's like charging Uber to drop you off at your resort and unloading your luggage...

That's ridiculous Disney.

How did they know what account to charge to? If the driver offered up the reservation information or room number they may have logged it as a car you were keeping overnight. $25 falls in line with that charge. (I still don't agree with those parking fees.)

He should have been able to say "Dropping off for ..." and been allowed in.

That's ridiculous Disney.

How did they know what account to charge to? If the driver offered up the reservation information or room number they may have logged it as a car you were keeping overnight. $25 falls in line with that charge. (I still don't agree with those parking fees.)

He should have been able to say "Dropping off for ..." and been allowed in.
When I called to ask about the charge they asked me if I took an Uber, I said no I took the magical express. So they charge for Uber to drop you off?what the? He must have given my name cause that's all they had really.

When I called to ask about the charge they asked me if I took an Uber, I said no I took the magical express. So they charge for Uber to drop you off?what the? He must have given my name cause that's all they had really.
Nope, they don't charge Ubers, Lyfts, taxies or limos either. I took a few on my last trip. My room bill was scrutinized and everything on there was legit.

It might have had nothing to do with the food delivery at all and just been one of those "oopsies" that the hotels pull on hotel guests every so often. I had to have the parking charge removed from my hotel room back in 2019 and I took Magical Express, no deliveries, no other transport.

Coming in from MCO to HS mid-afternoon. I do not want to waste one minute shopping or waiting for my grocery delivery at my resort (Swan). What would be a good grocery store that I could online order with and just do curbside pickup on my way to HS?

Sharing my experiences since I used GG, Instacart and Amazon. Total maybe six deliveries. So I fly my own wine in my check in suitcase. I am picky about my wine and it’s just really easy for me to seal the bottle in wine skin (4 bucks each on Amazon). GG is always reliable, although pricy, I like it that I can order way in advance and just forget about groceries when I am traveling. Instacart is cheap but they came in in plastic bags which I didn’t like. Amazon stuff is good but our perishable bag was not stored in the fridge. We arrived four hours later and they were just sitting out there.Overall, I will keep going back to GG while flying my own drinks.

Sharing my experiences since I used GG, Instacart and Amazon. Total maybe six deliveries. So I fly my own wine in my check in suitcase. I am picky about my wine and it’s just really easy for me to seal the bottle in wine skin (4 bucks each on Amazon). GG is always reliable, although pricy, I like it that I can order way in advance and just forget about groceries when I am traveling. Instacart is cheap but they came in in plastic bags which I didn’t like. Amazon stuff is good but our perishable bag was not stored in the fridge. We arrived four hours later and they were just sitting out there.Overall, I will keep going back to GG while flying my own drinks.
Did you notify Amazon of the issue? They should have offered up replacements or refunds and notified their driver that they messed up.

Publix is great.
I second this. When I have the ability to get to a store on my own it will always be Publix as my first choice. Incredible bakery & deli departments and while the prices are on the high side, what real grocery store isn't... we just look for the sales.

Just want to confirm that instacart will leave groceries with bell services. (No alcohol). Would like to have them waiting for us when we arrive.
When we stayed at Universal we had to meet them in the lobby.
don’t want to hang around the hotel waiting for groceries this short trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter