Resort Guests and Parking at the Parks

KLondon

Mouseketeer
We haven't been to WDW in a few years and I'm wondering how free parking at the Parks works for Resort Guests these days. Back in the day, you could check-in and get your white piece of paper to show when parking at the Parks. I assume with Direct-to-Room checkin that has all changed. From searching around, here's what I think, but I'm looking for confirmation:

- I can checkin ahead of time via the Direct-to-Room service

- When using parking at the Parks, when I get the parking attendant I just need to scan my Magicband *or* show my reservation on MDE

- Free parking starts at Park opening on checkin day and ends at Park closing on checkout day

Do I have all this right?

For context, we're checking in to ASM on Jan 29, but plan to go directly to EPCOT that morning (before our room is actually ready).

Many thanks!

- When using parking at the Parks, when I get the parking attendant I just need to scan my Magicband *or* show my reservation on MDE
Yes this works fine.

We often hit the parks before going to our room on the first day, or after checking out on the last day, and we’ve never had an issue.

They don’t give out the white papers anymore to put in your window.

We don’t use MBs so we just hand the parking attendant our room key/park ticket, they scan it, and we’re all set.

They don’t give out the white papers anymore to put in your window.

We don’t use MBs so we just hand the parking attendant our room key/park ticket, they scan it, and we’re all set.
Thank you! I kind of miss the ‘white paper’ since the attendants would just wave you through. Progress, I guess. 😀

To confirm, you don't have to check in to your disney resort first?

And as someone who has had 50% success getting my magicband to work at the resorts, most noteably to get through the security gates at the resort, merely showing the parking attendant at the theme park my reservation in the MDE app works to get free parking?

To confirm, you don't have to check in to your disney resort first?

And as someone who has had 50% success getting my magicband to work at the resorts, most noteably to get through the security gates at the resort, merely showing the parking attendant at the theme park my reservation in the MDE app works to get free parking?
Yes and yes.

I’d be prepared to show photo ID, but that’s just me. You may or may not need to when arriving at the park parking lot - I’m not sure. When first arriving at the resort to check in, you usually do need to show photo ID to the parking guard.

Piggybacking...what time do the parking lots open? We plan to drive from our resort (POR) to Epcot & HS and get there for early entry so arriving at least an hour prior to early entry. Years ago when we did this no attendants were at the gates so we just drove in and parked. Is it the same now?

Piggybacking...what time do the parking lots open? We plan to drive from our resort (POR) to Epcot & HS and get there for early entry so arriving at least an hour prior to early entry. Years ago when we did this no attendants were at the gates so we just drove in and parked. Is it the same now?
Usually an hour prior, but it depends on the park. You'll probably want to ask this in the Early Entry thread over on TPAS to get info on current procedures. https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter