• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort hopping

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Hi we're going for 2 weeks in the fall. Hoping to visit some other Resorts than the ones we are staying at. I know pool hopping is not allowed and I'm assuming splash pads are for guests only as well. But if my kid happens to start playing on one of the playground is that an issue? Thanks!

That is generally not an issue. They won't really know who are guests and who are not on the playgrounds. Plus, you could be going to a resort for dinner and walking the grounds etc. So playing in a playground has never been an issue that we have encountered. My daughter loved playing in the Fort Wilderness playground near Hoop Dee Doo before and after the show when we visited there for dinner.

Edit re pools: It's a different story for pools and splash pads, which is generally not allowed.

Technically, yes, it's not allowed. The splash pads I'm thinking of at Disney are located within the fenced pool areas, so you'd have to enter the pool to get to them. If you do resort hop, keep in mind you should probably take Disney transportation to get there, as most resorts will not allow parking without a room or dining reservation.

Is there a list anywhere of the resorts that don't allow parking? For example, if I'm staying at AK lodge would I be able to drive to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area and park there for dinner?

Is there a list anywhere of the resorts that don't allow parking? For example, if I'm staying at AK lodge would I be able to drive to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area and park there for dinner?
The resorts closest to parks are the most likely to deny access to parking without an ADR. So the MK area resorts (CR/BLT, Poly, GF) and the Epcot resorts (BC, YC, BW). POP and AoA as well due to the Skyliner access.

If you have an ADR you should be allowed to park for the duration of the meal. If you planned to go to a theme park before/after the meal, you should park at the theme park.

The dry playgrounds should be fine. They aren't gated like the splash pads/water playgrounds. We played on the Ft. Wilderness one before a carriage ride and we met a family on the CBR playground who had Skylinered over from AoA. We've done the opposite, Skylinering to AoA for their playground and to see the sights. The Cars section is fun to look around if you have little ones who like the Cars characters. If you are staying onsite, you can park at Hollywood Studios and catch Skyliner from there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter