Resort Lounge Reviews

meremac

DIS Veteran
I've been meaning to post this for awhile. DH and I went to WDW in January for a long weekend and we focused heavily on resort lounges instead of ADRs. Of course, our experiences could have been specific to the days we happened to be there and YMMV.

Ale & Compass Lounge (Yacht Club)
Ambiance was fine. I like the simple decor, but the lounge itself was pretty dirty and nobody seemed terribly interested in clearing tables. Drinks were good. I had the Purple Mariner which I thought was light and floral and refreshing. DH had the Maple Old-Fashioned which he thought was a bit sweet but still good. We ordered the Parker House Rolls and Spreads which were SO SO delicious. DD and I had them several years prior and they were just as yummy as I remembered.

Bellevue Lounge (Boardwalk Inn)
We just love this little place. It's so cozy with tons of charm, and the staff is always super friendly. DH ordered the Negroni which he said was very good. I made a huge mistake and ordered whatever specialty cocktail glow cube thing they were serving everywhere at the time (it had been a long travel day, it was late, and I tend to make poor food & beverage decisions under those circumstances). Still, we enjoyed sitting and listening to the old radio broadcasts that they always pipe in. Highly recommend stopping there.

Tambu Lounge (Poly)
This is always one of our favorites. The ambiance is great and the bartenders have consistently been top-notch. Pot stickers are also super good (only available after 4pm though). DH and I both got Mai Tais, played some cards, made a couple of new friends. It's a great alternative to Trader Sam's if you don't have the patience or commitment to get in.

Enchanted Rose (Grand Floridian)
This was our first time there and we were pleasantly surprised. It's just beautiful (although I am admittedly a HUGE BatB fan). We sat at the main bar which was super fun. I ordered the French 75 which was good but very sweet. DH got the Old Fashioned which he really liked. The Lavender Fog seemed to be a big hit with quite a few people sitting at the bar as well.

Steakhouse 71 Lounge (Contemporary)
This was the most disappointing lounge of all. The service was awful (our server even lied about what time the kitchen was closing to get us to order faster). We got the PB & J wings, the crab cakes, and the onion rings. We actually didn't mind the flavor combo of the wings, but they were terrible quality: dry and tough and nearly impossible to eat. The onion rings were basically a pile of mush. And the crab cakes, which I had LOVED at The Wave, were cold and gross. I can't even remember what drinks we ordered there, but they (clearly) weren't memorable. We had been contemplating just going to the Outer Rim instead, but we were hungry so we chose Steakhouse. We won't be going back.

We're going back next month for a longer visit. Our teenagers want to go off on their own one night, so we plan to hit Dahlia and Barcelona at CSR. Maybe Territory Lounge at WL before our dinner at Artist Point as well. I'll come back and add to the list then!

Last edited:
I struggle with the sweetness of old fashioneds at WDW. Why do they make them so sweet? Thank you for sharing your reviews. I am a great fan of lounges.

Honestly, I feel like most cocktails tend much sweeter than I prefer at WDW. We always joke that Disney's go-to mixers are cotton candy and Gatorade. That's another reason I like the resort lounges. If I'm not feeling like something super sweet from the menu, they can make pretty much anything else too.

DH and I do a lot of lounges too. Agree with your review of Steakhouse 71 lounge. Was same when it was The Wave.

If going to Coronado and trying Dahlia you may also want to try the Three Bridges out on the water there. They have a wonderful sangria flight and some yummy lounge food.

One thing that bugs us about the resort lounges is they don't open until 4pm (at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Grand Flo at least). We did an afternoon monorail crawl...or tried to. There was too long a wait at Trader Sam's (like 2 hours) and their outside patio was closed and want to say Tambu was super packed. We tried Grand Flo and that Enchanted whatever didn't open until 4pm and was told the pool bars were all that was open for drinks at Grand Flo. We had started with lunch at Steakhouse 71 and should have just stayed there, I suppose. We also had trouble trying to watch NFL play offs over at BW and BC area on same trip (this was also Jan like OP). Lounges weren't open and ESPN was shuttered. We even tried Swalphin and none of their lounges were open either. So we sat at BW Clown pool bar (and froze our butts off).

Last edited:

Thanks for this. We love trying out the different lounges on property and this is very helpful. I definitely recommend you try Territory Lounge on your next visit. The staff is great and we've enjoyed our drinks there. The chardonnay fondue is a must get for us every time. It's so good!

And yes, Disney needs to cut back on the sickly sweet drinks. I know a lot of people love them, but there are also a lot of people who do not. A little more balance would be appreciated. As much as we love Geyser Point for the food, we find ourselves getting drinks at Territory Lounge prior to having dinner at GP because most of their drinks are too sweet for us.

DH and I do a lot of lounges too. Agree with your review of Steakhouse 71 lounge. Was same when it was The Wave.

If going to Coronado and trying Dahlia you may also want to try the Three Bridges out on the water there. They have a wonderful sangria flight and some yummy lounge food.

One thing that bugs us about the resort lounges is they don't open until 4pm (at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Grand Flo at least). We did an afternoon monorail crawl...or tried to. There was too long a wait at Trader Sam's (like 2 hours) and their outside patio was closed and want to say Tambu was super packed. We tried Grand Flo and that Enchanted whatever didn't open until 4pm and was told the pool bars were all that was open for drinks at Grand Flo. We had started with lunch at Steakhouse 71 and should have just stayed there, I suppose. We also had trouble trying to watch NFL play offs over at BW and BC area on same trip (this was also Jan like OP). Lounges weren't open and ESPN was shuttered. We even tried Swalphin and none of their lounges were open either. So we sat at BW Clown pool bar (and froze our butts off).

Thanks! I've been to CSR for work before, so I've done Three Bridges too. Love it there! I agree that it would be nice if some lounges open a little earlier. Enchanted Rose did open at 3:30pm when we were there, but that's not much better than 4pm. Barcelona at CSR opens at 3pm. Tambu is open pretty much all day. Geyser Point at WL and Bar Riva at Riviera both open at 11am, and they do both have TVs that show sporting events...BUT they are both outdoors (covered but still outdoors). I do believe that Geyser Point has heaters though. It's one of our fav places to watch games. OOH..Rix Lounge at CSR is inside and opens at 11:00am/11:30am I think. And I know they show games there...not that this helps you any now lol.

I see many people complaining about overly sweet cocktails. Right there with you but I have found that if I tell the bartenders what I’m looking for, they always deliver. Totally agree that it would be great if more resort lounges opened before 4!

I see many people complaining about overly sweet cocktails. Right there with you but I have found that if I tell the bartenders what I’m looking for, they always deliver. Totally agree that it would be great if more resort lounges opened before 4!
This is what I do and in some restaurants/lounges, they have served the sugar syrup separately and I am always shocked by how much they add. The ones to absolutely avoid are the pre mixed ones.

Thanks! I've been to CSR for work before, so I've done Three Bridges too. Love it there! I agree that it would be nice if some lounges open a little earlier. Enchanted Rose did open at 3:30pm when we were there, but that's not much better than 4pm. Barcelona at CSR opens at 3pm. Tambu is open pretty much all day. Geyser Point at WL and Bar Riva at Riviera both open at 11am, and they do both have TVs that show sporting events...BUT they are both outdoors (covered but still outdoors). I do believe that Geyser Point has heaters though. It's one of our fav places to watch games. OOH..Rix Lounge at CSR is inside and opens at 11:00am/11:30am I think. And I know they show games there...not that this helps you any now lol.
Love Bar Riva. Even if chilly. Those heaters really work.

We have gone to Rix to watch games. Service there stinks though. And they refuse to change any of the TVs so you need to be able to get a seat by the TV showing your game. One time we went to watch Ohio State football game and the TVs it was on we could not sit near so we left.

I've been meaning to post this for awhile. DH and I went to WDW in January for a long weekend and we focused heavily on resort lounges instead of ADRs. Of course, our experiences could have been specific to the days we happened to be there and YMMV.

Ale & Compass Lounge (Yacht Club)
Ambiance was fine. I like the simple decor, but the lounge itself was pretty dirty and nobody seemed terribly interested in clearing tables. Drinks were good. I had the Purple Mariner which I thought was light and floral and refreshing. DH had the Maple Old-Fashioned which he thought was a bit sweet but still good. We ordered the Parker House Rolls and Spreads which were SO SO delicious. DD and I had them several years prior and they were just as yummy as I remembered.

Bellevue Lounge (Boardwalk Inn)
We just love this little place. It's so cozy with tons of charm, and the staff is always super friendly. DH ordered the Negroni which he said was very good. I made a huge mistake and ordered whatever specialty cocktail glow cube thing they were serving everywhere at the time (it had been a long travel day, it was late, and I tend to make poor food & beverage decisions under those circumstances). Still, we enjoyed sitting and listening to the old radio broadcasts that they always pipe in. Highly recommend stopping there.

Tambu Lounge (Poly)
This is always one of our favorites. The ambiance is great and the bartenders have consistently been top-notch. Pot stickers are also super good (only available after 4pm though). DH and I both got Mai Tais, played some cards, made a couple of new friends. It's a great alternative to Trader Sam's if you don't have the patience or commitment to get in.

Enchanted Rose (Grand Floridian)
This was our first time there and we were pleasantly surprised. It's just beautiful (although I am admittedly a HUGE BatB fan). We sat at the main bar which was super fun. I ordered the French 75 which was good but very sweet. DH got the Old Fashioned which he really liked. The Lavender Fog seemed to be a big hit with quite a few people sitting at the bar as well.

Steakhouse 71 Lounge (Contemporary)
This was the most disappointing lounge of all. The service was awful (our server even lied about what time the kitchen was closing to get us to order faster). We got the PB & J wings, the crab cakes, and the onion rings. We actually didn't mind the flavor combo of the wings, but they were terrible quality: dry and tough and nearly impossible to eat. The onion rings were basically a pile of mush. And the crab cakes, which I had LOVED at The Wave, were cold and gross. I can't even remember what drinks we ordered there, but they (clearly) weren't memorable. We had been contemplating just going to the Outer Rim instead, but we were hungry so we chose Steakhouse. We won't be going back.

We're going back next month for a longer visit. Our teenagers want to go off on their own one night, so we plan to hit Dahlia and Barcelona at CSR. Maybe Territory Lounge at WL before our dinner at Artist Point as well. I'll come back and add to the list then!
We miss the old Misners lounge but have to admit that Enchanted Rose was a nice time as we sat at the bar. I am very social so I love bars as it is so easy to strike up a conversation with the folks next to you. We had the Lavender Fog and loved it.

Dahlia at Coronado is great. I got a drink at the bar and sat outside at 8:58pm - unbeknownst to me just in time to watch fireworks!

Barcelona didn’t have a great atmosphere. It’s in the middle of the lobby, almost like a space filler. I definitely wouldn’t make a trip just to drink there.

Three Bridges was great and I’d definitely come back.

Dahlia at Coronado is great. I got a drink at the bar and sat outside at 8:58pm - unbeknownst to me just in time to watch fireworks!

Barcelona didn’t have a great atmosphere. It’s in the middle of the lobby, almost like a space filler. I definitely wouldn’t make a trip just to drink there.

Three Bridges was great and I’d definitely come back.

Aw I really liked Barcelona (I've been without DH several times for work, but this will be his first time at CSR since it was renovated). I liked the wide open feel of it and the extensive G & T menu, and the bartender was great. I agree that I probably wouldn't make a trip JUST for Barcelona, though.

I am excited to try Dahlia. I've tried twice, but it's been closed for a private event both times!

Aw I really liked Barcelona (I've been without DH several times for work, but this will be his first time at CSR since it was renovated). I liked the wide open feel of it and the extensive G & T menu, and the bartender was great. I agree that I probably wouldn't make a trip JUST for Barcelona, though.

I am excited to try Dahlia. I've tried twice, but it's been closed for a private event both times!

I'm glad you enjoy it! I guess I wasn't expecting it to be literally in the lobby. It's definitely quieter at night and the backsplash is gorgeous. Coronado has so may other options for a drink it just never struck me to go there.

My review of the lounges:
Bellevue - Love this when we stay at BWV. Small, cozy with charm.
Victoria Falls - So fun. Great wines and you can take the drinks out and sit to watch the savannah!
Trader Sams - Need I say more? A must do.
Geyser point - such great food, beer, drinks. It hits all the boxes.
Nomad - still one of our favorites. Great wines, mixed drinks. Sitting outside by the river, does it get any better.
Baseline Tap House - love a beer flight.
Enjoyed Tutto Gusto, but no idea when it will return , if ever.
oga's canteen - fun, but over priced sweet, pre-mixed drinks.
Abracadabra Bar - really fun mixed drinks

Visited the Enchanted Rose last week and was extremely disappointed with the service. My family sat at a table for 10 minutes before being greeted to take our order, 30 minutes for two drinks, and canceled the food order after 40 minutes. All orders were placed when greeted.

We did also visit Nomad Lounge and absolutely loved our drinks and good. Shout out to our server, Jeff who was amazing! Nomad has such a great atmosphere on the patio and is extremely relaxing.

Thanks for all the reviews!

I struggle with the sweetness of old fashioneds at WDW. Why do they make them so sweet? Thank you for sharing your reviews. I am a great fan of lounges.

Not sure if it's the case here, but they tend to use sweet and sour instead of just lime or lemon juice in a lot of places. They can usually substitute if you ask (we have at the Brown Derby Lounge).

I love the reviews! DH and I have been really enjoying the lounges on our last few trips. I HIGHLY recommend Dahlia Lounge! The drinks were unique and delicious, but if you get nothing else be sure to try the bocadillo! It was so good we went back the next night to get it again 🤤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter