• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Magic Bands

RichardPacey

Earning My Ears
We are coming from the UK in the Spring and I've read somewhere that as a resort guest we can get plain solid colour magic bands for $5 - is this still the case?
If so, as we can't pre-order from the UK will we be able to purchase these on check in
If not, how much are the cheapest magic bands?

I believe the solid colored MagicBands are $20 (the original ones, not the new MagicBand+). Then the prices go up from there depending on the style. It stinks that you can't preorder them from the UK, at least to pick up when you arrive at the resort. I wonder why that is??

We are coming from Canada in February and I have not been to WDW since before the pandemic. Everything is gone, the disney magical express, fast pass, magic bands. I am actually really confused. With our dollar as low as it is, my DVC membership is costing me a whole lot more to use. What happens if you don’t have a magic band ordered? Do you have to buy a generic one for your room?

We are coming from Canada in February and I have not been to WDW since before the pandemic. Everything is gone, the disney magical express, fast pass, magic bands. I am actually really confused. With our dollar as low as it is, my DVC membership is costing me a whole lot more to use. What happens if you don’t have a magic band ordered? Do you have to buy a generic one for your room?
MBs are not required. When you check in, at the front desk you can get a Key to the World card which will serve as your room key, park ticket, tap in for LLs and VQ, charge items to your resort room bill, etc. - anything you could use a MB for by tapping Mickey to Mickey, you can use the KTTW card for. The exception is that it won't link ride photos to your account through the air, but if you turn on Bluetooth on your phone and allow MDE to connect to Bluetooth, your photos will link that way.

That said, MBs are a convenience for sure! If you want one, you can order from DisneyStore.com or buy from the gift shop at your resort or many other places at WDW.

If you have MagicBands from other trips and if they are listed as activated on the MyDisneyExperience app/website, they will still work. You won't have the light up features that MagicBand+ has, but should work at turnstiles, as a room key, etc.

If you want to splurge then I would say buy a MB+, we have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks and where in the past I would get a new MB for all 4 of us, this time I am only buying MB+ for our 2 DDs. I personally do not think MB+, for what they do currently, is worth it, especially if you have to pay the regular price and not the discounted price for staying on site. My DW and I are using our older MB's, so if you have older MB's just make sure they are still active and use them or just get a room key when you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter