Resort mail package delivery fee

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
I am considering placing an Amazon delivery order for the resort. I have read that the resorts charge charge a delivery fee for boxes sent to resort guests.

Is that $6.00 fee per box? I ask because I placed an Amazon order to my house over the weekend. One order, 6 items. Today 5 different boxes arrived from Amazon with that order.

I realized that if that happened at Disney World, at $6.00 per box, it would have cost me $30.00 to have that same order delivered 😵‍💫

I wonder how that works with groceries. I mean I’ve gotten groceries in 8-10 Walmart bags. I was thinking of ordering to be delivered before we get to room.

I wonder how that works with groceries. I mean I’ve gotten groceries in 8-10 Walmart bags. I was thinking of ordering to be delivered before we get to room.
Ah, that one I know. We’ve done Walmart grocery delivery a couple of times. The resort charges a flat $6.00 grocery delivery fee regardless of size.

I think it’s a per box fee, not a per day fee. For multiple items I’d consider a delivery service so it processes as groceries. I’ve gotten multiple bags from a like CVS instacart order and went goes through as a grocery charge.

I'd have to look at my folios and match it up with my orders. I think we had 3 different vendors last year, and I was only charged 6 dollars for one delivery to the room? For anything that's delivered to the front desk, they only charge you the 6 dollars if bell services delivers it to you.

But also, we spent so much on that trip last year, I don't even know if I noticed the delivery charges....

Ah, that one I know. We’ve done Walmart grocery delivery a couple of times. The resort charges a flat $6.00 grocery delivery fee regardless of size.
Side topic. Did you have any issues? Cold stuff not cold, bags falling apart? I’ve always gone down to get the order (and sit for 20 mins while watching their car drive on a map) and then get help from bell service. So I’m tipping anyway, why not go wild and throw another $6 to Disney.

So ask for delivery close to when we plan to arrive, but let bell service handle everything.

Side topic. Did you have any issues? Cold stuff not cold, bags falling apart? I’ve always gone down to get the order (and sit for 20 mins while watching their car drive on a map) and then get help from bell service. So I’m tipping anyway, why not go wild and throw another $6 to Disney.

So ask for delivery close to when we plan to arrive, but let bell service handle everything.

My cold stuff has always come cold. As long as the delivery service marks it as cold stuff...

I am considering placing an Amazon delivery order for the resort. I have read that the resorts charge charge a delivery fee for boxes sent to resort guests.
Are you asking about a grocery order through Amazon (Amazon Fresh)? Or other non-food items like sunscreen, toiletries, hats, etc.?

Packages that arrive via USPS, FedEx, etc. are delivered to the front desk. Expect a fee per package/box; it may or may not actually get charged but it is policy. When I order from Amazon I usually check a box that says something like "ship all items together."

The replies above have been largely about groceries. Groceries are delivered to Bell Services and treated differently than mail/package shipments.

Are you asking about a grocery order through Amazon (Amazon Fresh)? Or other non-food items like sunscreen, toiletries, hats, etc.?

Packages that arrive via USPS, FedEx, etc. are delivered to the front desk. Expect a fee per package/box; it may or may not actually get charged but it is policy. When I order from Amazon I usually check a box that says something like "ship all items together."

The replies above have been largely about groceries. Groceries are delivered to Bell Services and treated differently than mail/package shipments.
Not groceries. Just non food items.

Nope, it’s always been ready for us at Bell Services once we arrive. The cold stuff is kept cold at Bell Services and no problem with ripped bags.

We usually have Walmart drop off in the morning and check the “No Substitution” box on the online order form so there are no surprises. Our flight was once delayed 5 hours and Bell Services had kept cold stuff cold.

We usually call Bell Services and they bring it to the room. Of course, we also tip the cast member who lugs it all over. We have a lot - case of water, Pepsi products, snacks, and breakfast food.

At CBR it was $6 per delivery. I had them deliver groceries with a case of water and Gatorade for $6. Then I had an express envelope delivred and it was $6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter