• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort only stays

When staying at a DVC resort for a 7 day span, how many times do you go to the parks?

• Total voters
Can't imagine having a good amount of points to visit Disney a couple times a year without an AP. Would the cost of normal tickets not eat into the savings of a DVC purchase?

Or would you need like three park trips a year for that?

The AP certainly helps me visit the parks for quick drop ins just to shop or eat.

If that wasn’t an option, I’d need to buy two day hoppers for each trip, and then adjust the way I do the parks.

Since we have gone so much, we dont spend a lot of times in the parks and most of my trips are 3 night trips.

It would certainly increase my costs, but worst case, I’d do more resort only trips to make up some of the differences.

Plus, I don’t actually need an AP in the sense as it is now…just an option to buy a ticket that could be used over several trips instead of just one..

If they still sold a 10 day park hopper good for a year..or non expiring like they used to have…those would work out just as good!

Reactions: cm8
I can see why some DVC owners who are without APs would be questioning their ownership now.

But if they can still sell DVC without an AP they will.

We have been to Disney once a year for the last 4 years. We don’t take long enough trips to have an AP and of course, can’t even get one now if we wanted to.

We have 7 nights after Thanksgiving. We are going heavy on resort time to enjoy the Xmas decor and activities around the resorts. We have a 1 day tickets to MK and another night at MK with the Xmas party. We are also going Seaworld for the Xmas celebration and Universal for 2 nights.

We are doing a split stay between VGF, CC and Kidani so will spend at least one full day at each to fully explore.

I would love to do a two week stay at SSR and try all the restaurants. Maybe in the summer and only do the water parks.

I voted 7 days - we have APs. We don't necessarily go every day/sometimes one ride, one meal and we are out.

I have done two resort only stays - no parks.

I would have no problem with one, two or three park days.

We bought in 2008 and always had APs. But then switched to just Mom and Dad trips with no kids once they were young adults. That's when we started the shorter, resort-only trips. After the full throttle trips with our three kids, these relaxed resort-only trips are so well deserved. We still love that Disney fix on vacation, but don't really need to go into a park to get it. We bought DVC to be able to travel "economically" :rolleyes: with a family of five. We cooked in our villa and limited dining to character meals when we could game the system with free dining and a POR day when we bought our passes.

I know things are always changing with the corporation, and not always for our benefit. But we can now take the time to appreciate the beautiful grounds and varied transportation outside the parks. We walk for miles enjoying the safe and abundant properties. I now "plan" our prospective Disney days around visits to favourite resorts, restaurants, shops and how we are going to utilize the transportation options available. It helps that we are seasoned Disney veterans and can understand the systems available and why sometimes "you can't get there from here"!

Besides the AP option, I would only wish there was an option to get a "shop and dine" pass for Epcot at least, for DVC members. We would certainly utilize it and bring more $ into the park without taking up space on the rides. I understand that this would require more infrastructure to allow for checking passes at the attractions.
I think it could be a relatively inexpensive DVC perk that is a win-win really. Just putting this out into the Disney universe. pixiedust:

We are once-a-year-or-less visitors, and usually stay for a full week. The marginal cost of an extra day or two is low enough that we typically have tickets for every full day, plus arrival day if we are landing before, say, 2PM or so. We typically do not get park tickets for departure day.
Same. Every trip requires a flight and a school break for us (and I don't think we can handle Florida summer), so we are once a year or less visitors too - and have never had a scenario where an AP makes sense.

We’re at Aulani now, and I have to tell you, our DVC points are points well-spent here. Just enough Disney without it being annoying, and the same good customer service WDW used to have in spades. So gorgeous, so Hawaiian. We’ll definitely be returning.

We bought in 2008 and always had APs. But then switched to just Mom and Dad trips with no kids once they were young adults. That's when we started the shorter, resort-only trips. After the full throttle trips with our three kids, these relaxed resort-only trips are so well deserved. We still love that Disney fix on vacation, but don't really need to go into a park to get it. We bought DVC to be able to travel "economically" :rolleyes: with a family of five. We cooked in our villa and limited dining to character meals when we could game the system with free dining and a POR day when we bought our passes.

I know things are always changing with the corporation, and not always for our benefit. But we can now take the time to appreciate the beautiful grounds and varied transportation outside the parks. We walk for miles enjoying the safe and abundant properties. I now "plan" our prospective Disney days around visits to favourite resorts, restaurants, shops and how we are going to utilize the transportation options available. It helps that we are seasoned Disney veterans and can understand the systems available and why sometimes "you can't get there from here"!

Besides the AP option, I would only wish there was an option to get a "shop and dine" pass for Epcot at least, for DVC members. We would certainly utilize it and bring more $ into the park without taking up space on the rides. I understand that this would require more infrastructure to allow for checking passes at the attractions.
I think it could be a relatively inexpensive DVC perk that is a win-win really. Just putting this out into the Disney universe. pixiedust:
OOH!! I love the idea of a shop and dine pass!! But so many would probably try to abuse it😒
I’m sure it would be pricey as well!!

OOH!! I love the idea of a shop and dine pass!! But so many would probably try to abuse it😒
I’m sure it would be pricey as well!!
Well, it sort of started that way.
You bought general admission, then you could purchase ride ticket books (A-E).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter