Resort Parking after Eating

cherokeemamma

DIS Veteran
Hi!! :) I have reservations at Ohana for breakfast. I am planning on driving to the Poly as it is an early morning reservation. I am wondering if I can leave my vehicle in the parking lot after my breakfast? Is that allowed? We were wanting to go to MK for the day.
Thank you!

We had a late breakfast at Trattoria and left our car at Boardwalk for the whole day—we walked to HS after breakfast. I’m not sure if that is standard or if we just got lucky!

We had a late breakfast at Trattoria and left our car at Boardwalk for the whole day—we walked to HS after breakfast. I’m not sure if that is standard or if we just got lucky!
An you shouldn’t have. The resort parking lots are not for theme park parking, that’s Disney saying that. You are supposed to park for the duration of you ADR only.

It’s a courtesy thing really. The resort parking lots simply aren’t large enough to accommodate everyone who would want to do this and provide parking for the resort’s own guests. When a resort guest returns to their hotel they quite reasonably expect to find parking, like anyone at any hotel would. To return and find no parking, and it happen to us last October so it does happen, is a pretty bad experience. So do the courteous thing to either move the car after the ADR or use valet that does allow all day parking.

90% of the board would have cheered if you had been towed...
We didn’t know. We even told the attendant that we were walking over to HS after and could we leave our car—he said yes. It was our first time parking at a resort for a meal. We weren’t trying to do anything wrong...do you still wish that my car was towed??

We didn’t know. We even told the attendant that we were walking over to HS after and could we leave our car—he said yes. It was our first time parking at a resort for a meal. We weren’t trying to do anything wrong...do you still wish that my car was towed??

You did get lucky BUT it does seem that you asked the attendant and maybe he pixie dusted you by letting you stay parked there. We have had that happen to us but the key is that we ASKED (we weren't going to a park, just taking a lap around on the monorail before heading to the airport). I just would caution others to not count on being allowed to do this. Boardwalk is especially known for having parking issues.

For the record I don't wish anyone's car to be towed, and that's why I do caution others that it's really a YMMV situation and the policy is that resort parking is for 3 hours if you have an ADR and are not a guest at the resort.

You did get lucky BUT it does seem that you asked the attendant and maybe he pixie dusted you by letting you stay parked there. We have had that happen to us but the key is that we ASKED (we weren't going to a park, just taking a lap around on the monorail before heading to the airport). I just would caution others to not count on being allowed to do this. Boardwalk is especially known for having parking issues.

For the record I don't wish anyone's car to be towed, and that's why I do caution others that it's really a YMMV situation and the policy is that resort parking is for 3 hours if you have an ADR and are not a guest at the resort.
Totally hear you! We didn’t know the policy, we asked if it was ok, and he said yes. Now we know and won’t do it again. We weren’t intentionally trying to break a rule. As you can see from my posts I am new to the Disney trips. Newbies come to this board for help from more experienced people, so it felt a little harsh to just reply “I wish you were towed”. I didn’t mean to mess anyone up...

yes. You CAN do it. SHOULD you...that is a different story. And up for tons of debate.

I think the 3 hour rule is fair. Going for a late dinner at boardwalk, then a hop to EPCOT for a night cap. No problem parking at the boardwalk. But not if you are going for a breakfast then spending the entire day at EPCOT.

I will only say this. Contrary to what other may try and scare you with....Disney does NOT tow cars from parking lots. Way to many variables to consider what car to tow and what car not to tow.

I didn’t mean to mess anyone up...

Got it. But numerous posters have reported that they paid $500 or so plus parking fees to stay at BW Resort only to return to their resort and spend 15 minutes or so driving around the lot looking for a space. Because of inconsiderate people (whether knowingly so or not).

That's the other side of the story that you should be aware of.

I would like Disney to tow more often to protect the spots that people have paid dearly for. I am also happy to know that if they do, it won't be you getting towed.

Got it. But numerous posters have reported that they paid $500 or so plus parking fees to stay at BW Resort only to return to their resort and spend 15 minutes or so driving around the lot looking for a space. Because of inconsiderate people (whether knowingly so or not).

i will say...those people are idiots and not telling the truth. The Boardwalk parking lot is not that big. it is impossible to spend 15 minutes driving around that lot. Unless people are just unwilling to go to the back of the lot and take a space. My room last month was near that lot (close to the tennis courts) and the lot i never ever full.

i will say...those people are idiots and not telling the truth. The Boardwalk parking lot is not that big. it is impossible to spend 15 minutes driving around that lot. Unless people are just unwilling to go to the back of the lot and take a space. My room last month was near that lot (close to the tennis courts) and the lot i never ever full.
Why wouldn't they spend 15 minutes driving around and around in the parking lot trying to find a parking space? I take it you have never tried a row twice to see if someone has left so you could park in a parking lot. The lot you are talking about may be the valet parking lot. It usually isn't full and the self parking area is usually full.
yes. You CAN do it. SHOULD you...that is a different story. And up for tons of debate.

I think the 3 hour rule is fair. Going for a late dinner at boardwalk, then a hop to EPCOT for a night cap. No problem parking at the boardwalk. But not if you are going for a breakfast then spending the entire day at EPCOT.

I will only say this. Contrary to what other may try and scare you with....Disney does NOT tow cars from parking lots. Way to many variables to consider what car to tow and what car not to tow.
And just because you think you are arriving late, doesn't mean a guest wasn't out at a theme park or at Disney Springs and are arriving late at the resort to park and they can't find a space because you decided to head to Epcot for a night cap. Not all guests arrive at the parking lot at 2PM.

Most of the resorts close to the theme parks have signs posted at the entrance to the parking lot that they cannot provide parking to visit the theme parks. I've been to the Contemporary for an ADR at the Wave and saw them deny guests valet parking if they were not guests of the resort.

Totally hear you! We didn’t know the policy, we asked if it was ok, and he said yes. Now we know and won’t do it again. We weren’t intentionally trying to break a rule. As you can see from my posts I am new to the Disney trips. Newbies come to this board for help from more experienced people, so it felt a little harsh to just reply “I wish you were towed”. I didn’t mean to mess anyone up...

I’m just gonna jump in here and say we’ve also been told MULTIPLE times by staff (hotel managers and valet staff) when we’ve had breakfast/dinner reservations at the Contemporary, GF and Poly that it’s perfectly fine for us to leave our car there all day and not move it to valet (which we are more than prepared to do) because we’ve dined there so I’m gonna go by what people who actually work there say.

We've never been told this 3 hour rule that I hear on the Disboards. We dine onsite multiple times a month - not once has it been mentioned. And, occasionally we want to jump to a park for a couple of hours and ask the guard stand and have ALWAYS been told we're welcome to.

Go off what Disney tells you that day, not what people on here say. If they need you to move your car, you are super close to T&TC at least :)

You did nothing wrong. You were told it was fine. So it’s fine. I’m sure it happens a lot.

We've never been told this 3 hour rule that I hear on the Disboards. We dine onsite multiple times a month - not once has it been mentioned. And, occasionally we want to jump to a park for a couple of hours and ask the guard stand and have ALWAYS been told we're welcome to.

Go off what Disney tells you that day, not what people on here say. If they need you to move your car, you are super close to T&TC at least :)
Agreed. We have done so much at WDW that some on here say you can’t over the years it’s funny. We park at resorts sometimes also. We ask like you and are told the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter