Resort Parking Passes

And in all honesty, they do not go through the parking lot checking parked cars for passes. I can tell you that almost all the times (25+) when we had a pass, you could not see it because it was covered by our sunscreen. It really was only used when we were coming back into the parking lot from driving somewhere and even then the guard would just barely glance at it and wave us on. No way they could have actually read the resort or dates:)

Exactly. I agree completely. It was never a sunscreen, but the fact that we would leave the pass in the room or the center console (after going to the store etc...we don't want to advertise that the car belongs to tourists when offsite) for most of most visits.

Haven't gotten one in years .... to get through the gate at the resort you will need to scan your MB either on gate or with guard so there really is no need at all for one.

You don't even need to do that. We got in the gate just showing ID this weekend.

We checked in at POR on 12/21 and didn't receive a parking pass. While unloading on our car I noticed another car did have a parking pass so I asked the front desk if they forgot to give us one and they said no it's just the magic bands now. When driving to parks they scanned the magic band at toll booths to verify we were resort guests.

Got a parking pass at BLT Thanksgiving. Got one at OKW in Sept.
Heading down next week, to SSR. Shall see if they're using them there.

At POR in October, the CM who checked us in asked if we were going to have a car on-site with us. When I said yes, he told me that he was going to grab a parking pass. He came back with other check-in papers (resort map, etc.) but no parking pass. I didn't realize it until we were parking outside of our building. It was 10:00pm and raining heavily, so I didn't want to go back to the lobby just for a parking pass, and I figured I'd go get one the next day. I didn't go back at all (three nights in total), and we had no issues.

We got one at GFV the other day, and the guard explained it as being so that if the lights were on, it was unlocked, etc, they would know who to contact.

Sounded legit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter