• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Parking

Pete W.

DIS Veteran
Saw a thread on radp about resort parking, and someone mentioned that they have no problem gaining access to the Contemporary Resort parking lot by simply showing their DVC card and saying that they are there to pool hop.

With the crackdown in resort parking, particularly at the Contemporary, I was wondering if anyone has had any problems parking at a resort, especially the Contemporary, using their DVC card. It seems that if pool hopping is not prohibited that day, that you should have no problem parking at a given resort. It would also follow that you would not be subject to the 3-hour limit.

Has anyone had any experience (positive or negative) using their DVC card to access a resort parking lot?

You will be subject to the 3 hour parking pass. The only people permited to park with out a 3 hour pass are guests staying at the Contemporary.

Show a card? Seriously? We were just down at WDW in May and never had to prove who we were. We hopped to Yacht Club, Beach Club (separate days), Boardwalk, Polynesian, Port Orleans (FQ), and Wilderness Lodge (twice). MOST times we were waved right through the "security" gates. A *couple* of times we had to slow down and I'd say "here to pool hop" and they'd raise the gate. No further questions, no time limits, nothing.

IMHO, if Disney wanted to make some cuts, I know of a few "security" guards who would be good targets. (especially the ones at that "security" gate just past the entrance to FW. Come on!!! People do 45 miles an hour past that one!!)

ohiominnie :p

I guess the answer may differ between the Contemporary Resort and all other resorts. Because of its proximity to the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary's security staff does not let a non-guest of that resort in unless they have PS and can prove it. I was wondering if DVC pool hopping would be an exception to this rule.

I've never had a problem parking at the Contemporary, no pass, no questions. Many times we've gone there, eaten at Chef Mickey's, taken the monorail to the MK then returned at night. In fact we've never received a three hour pass at any resort. Just lucky I guess. Not that I'm opposed to tighter security, I think it would be great, I just haven't noticed any.

As with almost everything else in Disney,it depends on the crowds at that moment.We always go in the "off" season, (if there really is such a thing) and rarely run into any problems. As for the 3 hr pass,I've gotten them before but I just throw them away as soon as I park. When Disney hires metermaids to walk around peeking in windshields,maybe I'll stop that,but until then......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter