• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort QS between water parks

spumonisowner

Mouseketeer
We're doing a short trip in June, staying at CSR. We're planning to do a day at the water parks and won't have park tickets for that day. We want to try to do both parks in the same day, getting to BB when it opens, taking a break in the afternoon, and going to TL at night (it's open until 8). Now that the waterparks have busses to/from the resorts, we're thinking of going to a resort other than CSR to relax for a little while and eat a late lunch/early dinner before going to TL. We don't want to eat a big buffet since we'll be doing more swimming, so I'm thinking QS is the way to go. Which QS would you recommend and why?

We have enjoyed QS at both GF and the Poly. Both have great atmosphere and delicious food.

Just a warning, the water parks totally wear us out. A few hours and we're usually done and ready to take it easy.

I would go to Mara at AKL. It's close to BB, the food is good and the lobby is generally quiet and conducive to taking a break. Plus, you can walk out to the savannah vieing area and see the animals. The EP resorts are also a good midway point between BB and TL, but I don't find the lobbies at those resorts to be terribly relaxing. The only other lobby I would want to hang out in would be WL (very similar to AKL - large expansive lobby), however, that's quite far from BB and TL.

Last edited:

AKL would be fun and convenient to cut down on travel time. I have been hearing pretty awesome things about waterpark QS lately though :)

My plan is the same, water park in the morning, break at Disney Springs- late lunch at Raglan Road, water park or mini golf then dinner at WBG! :D

AKL would be fun and convenient to cut down on travel time. I have been hearing pretty awesome things about waterpark QS lately though :)
The Mara at AKL does sound like a pretty good idea, but your post makes me wonder if I'm missing something right there at the water park! This will be our first time at BB and the only QS I've had at TL was a hotdog. What good things have you heard?

My plan is the same, water park in the morning, break at Disney Springs- late lunch at Raglan Road, water park or mini golf then dinner at WBG! :D
Disney Springs isn't a bad idea! Are they still going to have a bus from there to TL? I thought maybe they did away with that when they went back to the resort-to-waterpark busses.

The Mara at AKL does sound like a pretty good idea, but your post makes me wonder if I'm missing something right there at the water park! This will be our first time at BB and the only QS I've had at TL was a hotdog. What good things have you heard?

These are some of the new offerings:

http://allears.net/2019/03/26/new-f...yphoon-lagoon-and-blizzard-beach-water-parks/

You can now chow down on the Blizzard Burgerat Blizzard Beach. The burger will be topped with cheddar and a sweet and smoky ham jam on a pretzel bun. It will also be served with cole slaw and steak fries. There are also new plant-based rice bowls. Dessert will include chocolate-dipped key lime pie.

And Disney has added even more cool-down treats! Milkshakes! You will be able to choose from salted caramel, peppermint, chocolate, or vanilla.

Typhoon Lagoon will offer a guacamole flightwith vegetable, pineapple bacon, and shrimp varieties. Another option will be a jerk chicken rice bowl or a plant-based bratwurst sandwich. And while you’re getting some R&R, be sure to try a Blue Typhoon Colada or Tropical Storm.

Also on my last trip in 2017, we fell in love with the frozen raspberry lemonade and the frozen hot cocoa in Blizzard Beach. Worth a trip just for those haha! I think the flatbreads were decent too? Can't remember what else we had but we found them enjoyable.

Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite food court on property. Love the create your own pasta station! Another thing to keep in mind is that the value resorts will have the largest and most robust food courts, moderates are slightly smaller, and deluxe will have the smallest with the fewest options. This is by design. We like the Mara at AKL too, but it is smaller with fewer options than POR or a value resort.

The food at the Water parks is fine and they all have a decent selection. The only consideration is they are all outdoor seating... there is one that has a few tables inside but good look with that..... sometimes it is even hard to find a table with an umbrella. My suggestion is eat at an off time. I have never been to TL at night but I do know by 1-2 I am done as the lines get very long no idea if they get shorter at night... But as others have said I think BB will take a lot of energy as there are a lot of stairs but worth the climb for the big slides... there is a ski lift but that can be a 30 minute wait.

These are some of the new offerings:

http://allears.net/2019/03/26/new-f...yphoon-lagoon-and-blizzard-beach-water-parks/

You can now chow down on the Blizzard Burgerat Blizzard Beach. The burger will be topped with cheddar and a sweet and smoky ham jam on a pretzel bun. It will also be served with cole slaw and steak fries. There are also new plant-based rice bowls. Dessert will include chocolate-dipped key lime pie.

And Disney has added even more cool-down treats! Milkshakes! You will be able to choose from salted caramel, peppermint, chocolate, or vanilla.

Typhoon Lagoon will offer a guacamole flightwith vegetable, pineapple bacon, and shrimp varieties. Another option will be a jerk chicken rice bowl or a plant-based bratwurst sandwich. And while you’re getting some R&R, be sure to try a Blue Typhoon Colada or Tropical Storm.

Also on my last trip in 2017, we fell in love with the frozen raspberry lemonade and the frozen hot cocoa in Blizzard Beach. Worth a trip just for those haha! I think the flatbreads were decent too? Can't remember what else we had but we found them enjoyable.

That sounds great! Much better than I expected. I'm sure we'll be ready for a milkshake at least after climbing all the stairs.

I think we have a sort-of plan. We'll probably let the weather and busses make our final decision. If the weather stays nice, I think we'll eat at BB outside. The new menu looks good! If it looks like a storm in the afternoon, we'll leave and head to either Mara at AKL (close to BB) or Port Orleans (closer to TL), whichever bus comes first, to eat and wait it out before heading to TL later on. Thanks for the great suggestions, everybody!

I think we have a sort-of plan. We'll probably let the weather and busses make our final decision. If the weather stays nice, I think we'll eat at BB outside. The new menu looks good! If it looks like a storm in the afternoon, we'll leave and head to either Mara at AKL (close to BB) or Port Orleans (closer to TL), whichever bus comes first, to eat and wait it out before heading to TL later on. Thanks for the great suggestions, everybody!

Sounds like an awesome plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter