• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort refund timeframe?

evilqueenmindy

DIS Veteran
We had an incident with our villa at OKW that led to a manager giving us a pretty substantial credit. We checked out on Sunday, checked with management on my way out to make sure the credit was being applied to the card used to pay for the room, and not some sort of shopping credit or something, and I have a printed folio in my possession noting the credit.
im probably just being paranoid, I know these things vary depending on the hotel or resort, but we checked out Sunday, and I still don’t have a credit in my pending charges, and I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with resort credits, and how long they typically took to hit your card. my magicband purchases are still showing as pending.
(I’m extra nervous because our magic bands went to an Address we havent had in years, the phone number the resort had for me hasnt been my number for at least 10 years, and none of it matches anything I have on my current MDE profile)

We checked out on Sunday, checked with management on my way out to make sure the credit was being applied to the card used to pay for the room, and not some sort of shopping credit or something, and I have a printed folio in my possession noting the credit.
If you have a printed invoice with the credit noted, then you just need to wait for the credit to show up in your credit card or bank account. This could take up to ten days. Some credit card companies process credits faster than others.

But if you are worried you can call the Disney billing department at 407-939-5630

Our recent charge for CSR initially showed up as higher (because it included the $100 incidentals), then this charge was completely zeroed out a few days later. It was several days after we arrived home we were actually charged (and it was correct). We had been worried since CSR never emailed the receipt as they said they would (We always ask for a printout and this was the first time we didn't). But all worked out. It was just kind of slow.

I know this is different from credits, but wanted to share since it did take almost, if not a week to balance out. I think as long as you have the printout, you'll probably be OK. I'd give it a few more days.

Our recent charge for CSR initially showed up as higher (because it included the $100 incidentals), then this charge was completely zeroed out a few days later. It was several days after we arrived home we were actually charged (and it was correct). We had been worried since CSR never emailed the receipt as they said they would (We always ask for a printout and this was the first time we didn't). But all worked out. It was just kind of slow.

I know this is different from credits, but wanted to share since it did take almost, if not a week to balance out. I think as long as you have the printout, you'll probably be OK. I'd give it a few more days.
Thanks for this, I’m pretty sure I’m just being a little paranoid, I’ve never watched my credit card this closely after a stay, so I wasn’t sure how long these things typically take.

Thanks for this, I’m pretty sure I’m just being a little paranoid, I’ve never watched my credit card this closely after a stay, so I wasn’t sure how long these things typically take.
I felt the same way! Especially since I had no receipt and had booked at a really good discount. I had forgotten about the $100 incidentals, so was worried I'd be charged a higher rate.
Hope all goes smoothly and it gets posted soon :)

Hi! If the refund was processed fairly immediately, you should see your refund within 2 weeks (I know...sorry)! Usually it’s quicker than that, but it depends on your bank’s/cc upload procedures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter